Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #43
RallySS

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow RS/2SS Vert M6
I average right at 20 mpg combined city/highway, and I foot it every now and then. Not sure how others are driving but I have seen 30 on the highway between 65-70 mph for long periods of time from coastal MS to Orlando.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #44
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Been there myself, my friend. Rides come and go. There will be a better time and place, and you'll get whatever the hot ticket happens to be when you're ready. Sounds like a good decision for the circumstances. Best of luck to you.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #45
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
Been there myself, my friend. Rides come and go. There will be a better time and place, and you'll get whatever the hot ticket happens to be when you're ready. Sounds like a good decision for the circumstances. Best of luck to you.

Life happens..plus sometimes cars that are super-exciting to own at first fade a little with time.

Out of every car I've ever owned, there's only one car I wish I could have back. That's my 1999 Mustang GT.

Not the fastest car on the road, but I really miss it. The other cars I've had...well...no real attachment to them. My Camaro included, although I do like the car A LOT.
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #46
boltmark
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2 SS/RS IOM Camaro
How do you recharge the Air Filter?
boltmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #47
CAMAROZL1

Drives: Point A to B Car until ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowSStopper View Post
The car is freaking Canadian. You can throw that under the blanket "North American" crap if you want. Is the car made in America? NO IT IS NOT. So, until Canada becomes Canadian America, then it is NOT an American car.

Also, yes, the Prius has batteries...never said it didn't. I was simply saying that batteries, in general, have to go somewhere.

As for the steep Volt discount, well, they better...because that car is going over like a lead balloon.
Hey buddy, reality check:
A LEAD BALLON DOES FLOAT.

Thank you Mythbusters!

Why all the hate? You are OBVIOUSLY ignorant and making yourself look like a fool on the WORLD WIDE WEB. You can put that gold sticker on yourself.

Chevrolet already has a recyling program in place for the Chevrolet Volt. The battery has an 8 year/100,000 mile warranty on it. The future is going to be the electric car, because without it: There isn't a Camaro due to EPA regulation (CAFE).

General Motors supports Union Workers so it's more American on that fact alone than many import brands. GM still makes most of their cars in the U.S.A.

Besides, the world is a GLOBAL economy. Things have to made in different places in order to keep pace with the competition. Example:

Apple. Where is their stuff made? and yet, they are red,white and blue of our innovation prowess.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OP, sorry for the rant. Sucks to hear that the Camaro is going away. Good luck on getting a 6th Generation Camaro in the future!!!
Old 09-26-2012, 11:29 AM   #48
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltmark View Post
How do you recharge the Air Filter?
The op has a reusable air filter. Probably oiled. You wash it then use the recharge kit. Meaning you oil it again. These filters last for a very very long time.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:38 AM   #49
tazz3

Drives: 2012 camaro
one day down the road you can get another one
tazz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #50
robsls3
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro 1SS
You stated you didnt want to run the camaro to the ground. In which you will run that acura to the ground and it will probably be a worse resale than the camaro with all those miles.

I can only see if it was a dramatic drop in payment or if gas was at $10 a gallon.
robsls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #51
doubleblack

Drives: All black
In the same situation as you , trying to decide what to ask for my car . Bought it several months back , drove it three times since I have it maybe a total of 50 miles , too much car to just sit in the garage under the cover I will put her for sale when I get home next week . Very nice car , to nice to just sit around .
doubleblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #52
whemming

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS
My SS averages about 16 MPG, but I don't do much highway driving. I would never sell my Camaro over gas mileage, I would just buy a beater Honda or something to commute in.

I have made this mistake before. I used to own a 66 Chevelle, it was my daily driver. I traded it in on a Honda due to gas prices in the early 90's. To this day I regret that trade. Now I can't afford a 66 Chevelle in anywhere near the condition I used to have.
whemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #53
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
As my grandfather once told me if your can't pay both the rent and the car payment < Always pay the car payment !!!< You can sleep in your house and your car but you can't drive your house to work LOL
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #54
Travis64

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1lt rs auto 4-9-11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Bought a house, commute is 60 miles each way, needed a gas getter. I bought a Acura and haven't driven the Camaro in 3 weeks, I just cant justify paying monthly for something I barely use.
acura for better gas....
looks like u got the wrong car
Travis64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #55
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Moment of silence................
Old 09-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #56
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I put up that little "sample"...Don't know all the particulars of the op's situation, but my point was that unloading a decent car that already gets decent mileage for one the gets "better" mileage is not always cost effective....

If you don't have a car, or are adding one or replacing a junker, then sure, go for mileage...but ususally the "savings" difference in gas mileage compared to the price of the car, doesn't justify getting rid of what you already have...
Yup. I was using a device where it was difficult to reply. I wanted to mention someone else mentioned this.

If cost is a concern (monthly payments, annual cost of gas, maintenance, etc), do the calculation instead of the perception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Bought a house, commute is 60 miles each way, needed a gas getter. I bought a Acura and haven't driven the Camaro in 3 weeks, I just cant justify paying monthly for something I barely use.
EDIT: If you already bought the car guess you do have to get rid of it.
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote