Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

View Poll Results: Should the Bowtie be moved up to the grille on the SS?
Yes...move it up. 220 95.24%
Nope...leave it as is. 11 4.76%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2018, 05:50 PM   #57
HYPER1LE

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE HBM
OMG! Sorry, GM (Chevrolet), epic fail. The bow tie on THE BUMPER” of all places for the SS? Also, my first impression after the after-thought placement of “the flow-tie” was Dodge Charger or Dart. Just no, no, NO! Please seriously listen to the Camaro community and move the bow tie up on the SS at least. I can think of no manufacturer that has ever put there emblem smack dab in the center of a bumper. You still have time to fix this. Please, please do. I would not buy as revealed. If I did, that front end would get an aftermarket ZL1 fascia immediately.
HYPER1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:56 PM   #58
DiGiam

Drives: 2016 NFG SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyefixstuff View Post
Stole this from Facebook...
Name:  IMG_4319.JPG
Views: 1152
Size:  140.4 KB
I'd buy that. Funny how a few small changes make it look so much better.

Last edited by DiGiam; 04-10-2018 at 08:12 PM.
DiGiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:50 PM   #59
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiam View Post
Attachment 929381
The led lights under the headlights have the shape of skillets holding the lights. Someone else mentioned this in a thread and now it's all I see.
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 10:43 PM   #60
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
You got my vote. Move it up and I'd be on board.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:22 PM   #61
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
I blacked out the emblem and added some grill:

Name:  2019_blackout_front.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  648.8 KB
Name:  2019_blackout.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  97.7 KB

Mods:
XPEL - Hood, Bumper, Headlights, & Side Mirrors
JWM - Side Markers
ZL1 Addons - Deluxe Rock Guards & Red Lift Pads
GM - Dark Tail Lamps
MRR - Gloss Black M017s
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:55 AM   #62
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Anyone familiar with using Change.org???

I wonder if we started up a petition there, and got thousands of votes, if that might get GMs attention. A short description, and the two photos from the first post on this thread would be enough.

(yeah I know, this may seem a bit over the top, but its painfully obvious by now that this design is overwhelmingly negative with the vast majority)

Come on...Its not hard for them to fill in the bowtie placeholder on the bumper, and then create a mount for it in the grille. I absolutely do not believe it would affect airflow at all, or enough to cause a difference especially if they use a flowtie.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:11 AM   #63
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Anyone familiar with using Change.org???
Last I knew, those sites were primarily information mining trolls that sell the info of those who sign the petitions & things of the like.

Every automotive circle, social media site etc has blown up against the revealed design. Am sure Chevrolet designers are not feeling the love at the moment.

& the all grille thing a couple posts up is somehow worse. Bad, bad idea.
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 06:47 PM   #64
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
I liked the pic in another thread where the center bar was painted body color and was about 25% the width of the black one. With the bow tie in the grill. Well proportioned and aggressive.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 06:56 PM   #65
Reddy1LE

Drives: 1SS 1LE
Quote:
So there is pretty much zero chance that even if this thread gets 10,000 votes and even if every single one of them says move the bowtie up, that Chevy will actually do it.

But I don't care. I want someone in GM to see this, and hopefully realize this should not become a Chevy trend (much like removing the bowtie off of the center grille in the 2019 Silverado LT models....ugh)

So which do you prefer? Bowtie up? Bowtie down?

Bowtie Up: (Photoshop)

or Bowtie down (OEM)
Did you use this to photoshop or did CBS actually post up the photoshop to ask which looked better?
What this car really needs is a notification eliminator. There's a wi-fi notification. Bluetooth notification. Parking brake disabled notification. Always some annoying notification popping up. - Navigator post
Reddy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:03 PM   #66
rickr9504

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1 LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiam View Post
Attachment 929381
I like it a lot
Old 04-12-2018, 07:15 PM   #67
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPER1LE View Post
OMG! Sorry, GM (Chevrolet), epic fail. The bow tie on THE BUMPER” of all places for the SS? Also, my first impression after the after-thought placement of “the flow-tie” was Dodge Charger or Dart. Just no, no, NO! Please seriously listen to the Camaro community and move the bow tie up on the SS at least. I can think of no manufacturer that has ever put there emblem smack dab in the center of a bumper. You still have time to fix this. Please, please do. I would not buy as revealed. If I did, that front end would get an aftermarket ZL1 fascia immediately.
Nope. Out of time. Huge deal to change the tools at this point and come anywhere near job 1. 12 weeks minimum to PPAP and that assume no cooling impacts.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:38 AM   #68
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddy1LE View Post
Did you use this to photoshop or did CBS actually post up the photoshop to ask which looked better?
Someone else photoshopped this image. I just "borrowed" it.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:45 AM   #69
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Nope. Out of time. Huge deal to change the tools at this point and come anywhere near job 1. 12 weeks minimum to PPAP and that assume no cooling impacts.
I don't doubt that the re-tooling to make this change is probably more involved than most of us know. I still think it probably worth the effort if they'd move quickly on it. There is still time. It would make the vast majority of enthusiasts happy, and the general car crowd would never know the difference, except that they didn't get an awkward grille, and so they'd be happier too....right??? lol. (Sure)

But I have an very hard time believing that moving the "flowtie" from the bumper to the grille, and then closing up the bumper would make any difference whatsoever on keeping an adequate amount of airflow from reaching the radiator. Perhaps only in the most extreme of track conditions would it make a difference. It seems a bit nuts to me that closing up a 3 inch hole in the front would be the difference between an overheated engine, or not. If that grille is engineered like the pre-refresh model, it should be directing air where it needs to go.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:51 AM   #70
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
But I have an very hard time believing that moving the "flowtie" from the bumper to the grille, and then closing up the bumper would make any difference whatsoever on keeping an adequate amount of airflow from reaching the radiator. Perhaps only in the most extreme of track conditions would it make a difference. It seems a bit nuts to me that closing up a 3 inch hole in the front would be the difference between an overheated engine, or not. If that grille is engineered like the pre-refresh model, it should be directing air where it needs to go.
GM said it increases air flow by 2.5cfm and reduces coolant & oil temperature by 2 degrees during track use
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote