Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-27-2018, 06:32 PM   #15
Hellfighter

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamHouseIII View Post
I had two things that where giving me a rattle. Check the exhaust for rattling against the cross member plate the goes across the bottom of the tranny tunnel? When I went to a 3in exhaust mine would rattle from time to time, I placed some thick washer under it and the rattle went away. Other was a loose front sway bar bolt.
That is a rattle, were talking about a thump, I dont have a cross bar under my 3" pipes the shop removed it, because it would rattle, the tranny brace that holds the tranny is solid.
Old 02-28-2018, 08:08 AM   #16
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Keep an eye on it; Sounds like wear and tear issues. The suspension and clutch are very stout in ours, but they can make strange noises/acts from time to time. When your shift action is worked out, it'll shift smoothly. Also, if someone else accumulated the miles, then the car may have had a really hard break-in and first usage.

I'd check it out before your warranty expires. Good luck.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:19 PM   #17
Hellfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Keep an eye on it; Sounds like wear and tear issues. The suspension and clutch are very stout in ours, but they can make strange noises/acts from time to time. When your shift action is worked out, it'll shift smoothly. Also, if someone else accumulated the miles, then the car may have had a really hard break-in and first usage.

I'd check it out before your warranty expires. Good luck.
My warranty is gone lol. Nothing is free to replace or fix unless i do it myself, which I am, but i checked my rear suspension, no leaks, no damage, all solid, while changing out break pads, rotors solid, no play, no play in the caliper themselves, exhaust is bolted on solid no play, tranny is good no play, brace is solid, moving on to the front this weekend, changed diff fluid as well, was the only thing that looked bad , it was metallic black color. So im just trying to cross off anything that comes up that can maybe thump or something, it's not always, literally only every now and then turning over a bump or a small pot hole or something.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:10 AM   #18
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfighter View Post
My warranty is gone lol. Nothing is free to replace or fix unless i do it myself, which I am, but i checked my rear suspension, no leaks, no damage, all solid, while changing out break pads, rotors solid, no play, no play in the caliper themselves, exhaust is bolted on solid no play, tranny is good no play, brace is solid, moving on to the front this weekend, changed diff fluid as well, was the only thing that looked bad , it was metallic black color. So im just trying to cross off anything that comes up that can maybe thump or something, it's not always, literally only every now and then turning over a bump or a small pot hole or something.
Ouch, ooh...I know the feeling. Lately it has been rare for me to have issues covered under warranty. I don't put a lot of miles on my signature cars, so sometimes it will take years before I run up on an issue, and of course, it will be an out of pocket repair. Since the repair will be out of pocket, then you can at least find out what's wrong with it. Depending on how much it will cost to fix it, you can prioritize when and where you'll have the repairs done. I know this exercise.....almost in my sleep lol!!!!

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 12:38 PM   #19
Hellfighter

Im not paying for someone to repair lol, im doing it myself for cheap, plus it's more fun to mess with the car. Nothing is broken or damaged, it had this noise since i and most ZL1 users bought the car, but the sound, noise eludes everyone.