Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 02-20-2018, 05:30 AM   #9269
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber View Post
If your budget is $600 or so, there are several guns in that list to take out.

The P226, while being a fine firearm, is usually over $1,000.

The XDM is small, easily concealable. But, due to the size of it, there is significant recoil. I've fired a couple hundred rounds through one and didn't like it.

M&P has a great lineup and the 40C is a good choice. You may also consider and like the M&P Shield or Bodyguard. Well under your $600 price range.

Taurus is one of those that you get what you pay for. I'm not a fan of their products.

The Sig P320 is also another fine firearm, but, usually over $800.

Few other things to consider: visually, these firearms look great. But, until she has fired them, don't get your heart set on one. Get to a range, rent these guns, find something she is complete comfortable with.

I personally CC a Sig P938. It is smaller than my hand, fits in a loose jean pocket or a coat pocket and is accurate up to about 7-10 yards. It is a bit higher than your budget, but, worth it. You can also check out the P238 which is slightly smaller, but, also utilizes a .380 cartridge.

My wife and I prefer .45's and I have an M&P 2.0 .45 and she has a glock 21 Gen 4. Probably have over a thousand rounds fired through each of those guns and have only owned them for about six months. Amazing firearms and they do not break the bank at all.
Thanks Grabber, wonderful information to share with my wife. I agree, the more she is really getting excited about it, the more she is wanting to try a few out to see how they feel to her.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:15 AM   #9270
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

good price?

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...+10%2B1+2+Mags
Old 02-20-2018, 07:01 AM   #9271
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Was that used, with tax, etc?

Private party or through a dealer or auction site?
New from budsgunshop last March.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
I paid $750 for my VP40 compact in March '16 locally at Gander Mtn, so I would say that's a good price.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:32 AM   #9272
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
New from budsgunshop last March.

I paid $750 for my VP40 compact in March '16 locally at Gander Mtn, so I would say that's a good price.
and I have an FFL dealer about 5 miles from my house on his list. $20 fee.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:10 AM   #9273
ZED SLED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
and I have an FFL dealer about 5 miles from my house on his list. $20 fee.
That's the way to go. Same for me. Made the mistake of buying that gun local. Never again, at least not in NY. Biggest bitch is to buy a handgun here, once you actually get a permit, the seller gives you a bill of sale which you have to take to your sheriff's office, pay $3 to have the pistol added to your permit. They then give you a certificate to take back to the seller, then you can take delivery. Gander Mtn is 50 miles north of me. Sheriff is 15 miles south of me. That was 230 miles, so a tank of gas and 4 hours driving. I grew up in WV, where you basically walk into a gun store and say 'Give me that one', and walk out with it.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:27 AM   #9274
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
We have a 3 day waiting period in FL for handguns unless you have your concealed permit.

It's probably going to get worse now considering recent events...
Old 02-20-2018, 09:30 AM   #9275
Grabber
Just a car guy

Drives: 2016 Durango R/T AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
We have a 3 day waiting period in FL for handguns unless you have your concealed permit.

It's probably going to get worse now considering recent events...
Same waiting period in IL, but the 72 hours still applies even with a CCW I believe.

The events are unfortunate, and once again, gun bans and more control is the only viable option in the mind of the anti-gun folk.
2014 5.0 - Ported CobraJet Manifold - SCJ Mono-Blade TB - Kooks 1-3/4" LT Headers - Kooks O/R H-pipe - Custom Intake - McLeod clutch line - Borla S-Type Axle Backs - AED Tuned - 443 RWHP / 388 RWTQ - GONE
05 GT - Sold
03 Cobra - Gone (Never Forgotten)
Grabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:36 AM   #9276
ZED SLED

Quote:
Same waiting period in IL, but the 72 hours still applies even with a CCW I believe.

The events are unfortunate, and once again, gun bans and more control is the only viable option in the mind of the anti-gun folk.
Yep, they don't want to hear that the Texas church shooter was taken down by a legal gun owner with his AR, unless they read it on FB, only then can it be true.

Old 02-20-2018, 11:45 AM   #9277
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Yep, they don't want to hear that the Texas church shooter was taken down by a legal gun owner with his AR, unless they read it on FB, only then can it be true.
Not only on FB, but on CNN or MSNBC's sites ONLY. All other news outlets are fake.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:54 AM   #9278
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
So far Florida's been pretty pro-2A legislative wise (I think the state legislature just struck down a proposed ban last night actually).

That being said I find one thing absolutely ridiculous about our 3 day waiting period for handguns: If I didn't hold a concealed permit, I would still have to wait the three days. Even as a state law enforcement officer...who has gone through waaaay more stringent background checks than NICS or the concealed permit process would ever conduct. Pretty much every cop I know holds a permit even though they're covered by LEOSA simply because of the 3 day rule.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:19 AM   #9279
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
what are everyones thoughts on AR pistols vs building an SBR? i know the requirements for taking an SBR out of state but would like some thoughts on the two. i've had a lower to build out but cannot make up my mind and it's either SBR or pistol.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:47 PM   #9280
LARMEDIC

Drives: 17' 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
what are everyones thoughts on AR pistols vs building an SBR? i know the requirements for taking an SBR out of state but would like some thoughts on the two. i've had a lower to build out but cannot make up my mind and it's either SBR or pistol.
I have several SBR’s , its awkward for me to shoot 16” guns after years of shooting issues weapons that were 10.5” or less. I have helped several friends with builds over the years and walked them through the paperwork process. Try a pistol with a blade brace and see what you think. It might be ok for you and save some $ and wait time. Another option is to buy a suppressor and have it pinned for a OAL of 16” . This is the last one I helped build for someone, “ but I did not assemble the upper and lower together “ he did that once he had his stamp.
Attached Images

10'SS H/C/I M6 sold
12' C6 GS M6 H/C/I , A&A TI Trim ,15" Billet Specialties, 880 RWHP with 109 & meth. 9.70s @ 146 sold.
17' A8 1SS NGM stock for now
LARMEDIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:43 AM   #9281
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LARMEDIC View Post
I have several SBR’s , its awkward for me to shoot 16” guns after years of shooting issues weapons that were 10.5” or less. I have helped several friends with builds over the years and walked them through the paperwork process. Try a pistol with a blade brace and see what you think. It might be ok for you and save some $ and wait time. Another option is to buy a suppressor and have it pinned for a OAL of 16” . This is the last one I helped build for someone, “ but I did not assemble the upper and lower together “ he did that once he had his stamp.
that looks awesome. i did not know you could use a suppressor to add length!

i have shot pistol AR's before and they're fine, loud, but nothing too crazy. pistol AK's are a different story but just as fun. i don't like the grey area around the braces and shouldering them. it sounds like something i wouldn't really enjoy shooting or would want to shoot.

i think i'm leaning towards the SBR. i've been trying to think of any instance where i would shoot it out of this state and can't think of many. i'll make it a pistol while waiting for the stamp, but i want to legally be able to shoulder it.

is there anything else i need to notify the BATFE about regarding an SBR? or any other major things i should know of? i'll be reading up on state laws over the next few days.

thanks for the reply!
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 05:18 PM   #9282
LARMEDIC

Drives: 17' 1ss
Yes you can buy suppressors and pin them, you would then only have to pay 1 tax stamp. As for moving from state to state or an in state residency change you would have to fill out a Form 5320.20. Get a lower and have it engraved with your name and city and state, usually done on the mag well. Once it’s complete then submit your paperwork and 200$. Then you forget about it for about a year lol once you have your tax stamp back you can assemble it. Word of caution, do not have the parts to manufacture a SBR unless you have the stamp. But if you go the pistol route that will be ok . If you make a trust you can efile the Form 1 or you can do it on paper if you don’t want to make a trust. There are many laws for NFA items and also 922r compliance for non NFA items. It’s amazing how many people have guns and unknowingly make them illegal with small things they do to them. If you would like me to walk you through the process just shoot me a pm.
10'SS H/C/I M6 sold
12' C6 GS M6 H/C/I , A&A TI Trim ,15" Billet Specialties, 880 RWHP with 109 & meth. 9.70s @ 146 sold.
17' A8 1SS NGM stock for now
LARMEDIC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun