Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions


AWE Tuning


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2019, 12:42 AM   #1
Pantherzl1
 
Drives: 2019 Camaro zl1
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Detroit
Posts: 19
The Zl1 beats the Redeye in every way

I seen someone on here claiming they want to trade in the zl1 for a redeye. I would like to refer you to a series of videos before you make a decision!
Both cars are nine stock. 650 vs 800

https://youtu.be/RT7f0bj5yg4
Pantherzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 06:27 AM   #2
URBAN LEGEND


 
URBAN LEGEND's Avatar
 
Drives: 18 ZL1 1LE/18 M3 CP/19 ZL1 1LE A10
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Brenham, TX
Posts: 3,194
Why didn’t you post there?
__________________
18 M6 ZL1 1LE
18 BMW M3 CP
19 A10 ZL1 1LE (Delivered 3/27/19)
URBAN LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:07 AM   #3
Can'tHave2MuchHP
God - Family - Country

 
Can'tHave2MuchHP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 A10 Coupe in White
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,523
I don't want to start a war here but...It's no secret that the "lowly" Hellcat with "707" HP gives the ZL1 a hard time on roll races and 1/4 mile. On average, they're dead even in 1/4 mile but certainly a few stock Hellcats have gone quicker than any bone stock ZL1s have. If you give the Hellcat another ~90 HP, I find it hard to believe it's still dead nuts even like the video in the OP.
__________________
2018 Camaro ZL1 | White | A10 | Nav | PDR | Carbon Fiber
2017 Corvette Z06 | Black | A8 | Z07 | PDR | Carbon Fiber
2013 Corvette 427 | White | M6 | 1SC | ZR1 Wheels
1973 Camaro Z28 | Blue | M5 | EFI 383 | Rest-Mod
1970 Corvette 454 | Red | M4 | Convertible
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:14 AM   #4
Markoz28

 
Drives: 18 ZL1 nightfall grey A10
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: RGV Texas
Posts: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Why didnít you post there?
Some tend to overlook others reply. I think posting you own thread catches others attention better.
Markoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:53 AM   #5
IneedAZ


 
IneedAZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2018 Daytona 392
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tampa
Posts: 4,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherzl1 View Post
I seen someone on here claiming they want to trade in the zl1 for a redeye. I would like to refer you to a series of videos before you make a decision!
Both cars are nine stock. 650 vs 800

https://youtu.be/RT7f0bj5yg4
Which one were you driving if they were both yours? Just wondering if you swap drivers if you net the same result or tried from a lower mph or dig.
__________________
Sold 2012 2LT RS 12.3@112 old setup

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17

2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:29 AM   #6
minn19
 
Drives: 19 F150, 19 M550, 19 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: MN
Posts: 98
I guess I don't get the cross shopping of these cars. If somebody wants a very fast comfortable spacious coupe or 4 door then get the Hellcat whatever.

If not get the ZL1 of your choice if you like both straight line speed and handling.
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:46 AM   #7
CW3SF
 
CW3SF's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Denver
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I guess I don't get the cross shopping of these cars. If somebody wants a very fast comfortable spacious coupe or 4 door then get the Hellcat whatever.

If not get the ZL1 of your choice if you like both straight line speed and handling.
Iím a Mopar and Chevy guy at heart. I went from a Gen II Viper to the ZL1. Thereís two reasons why I went ZL1 over HellCat or Demon.
1. Hellcat is more of a straight line car, whereas the ZL1 can do both straight line and twisties.
2. I donít want to see 4 other cars on the road that are just like mine, every time I go to the grocery store, gas station or Cars and Coffee.
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 01:30 PM   #8
minn19
 
Drives: 19 F150, 19 M550, 19 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: MN
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
Iím a Mopar and Chevy guy at heart. I went from a Gen II Viper to the ZL1. Thereís two reasons why I went ZL1 over HellCat or Demon.
1. Hellcat is more of a straight line car, whereas the ZL1 can do both straight line and twisties.
2. I donít want to see 4 other cars on the road that are just like mine, every time I go to the grocery store, gas station or Cars and Coffee.
Agreed, hence my post as to why some cross shop these cars. After they do some quick research they should have a pretty good idea as to which they will like better. But, some just want the biggest baddest HP car from the factory they can find to, which is just fine/their money.
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 01:38 PM   #9
harner
 
harner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: NEPA
Posts: 392
Redeye/HC, or ZL1 - it's a great time to be alive. Mopar is doing a great job at taking a good design/offering and making it better. I wish Chevy would devote as much attention to the Camaro platform (ie an LT5 drag variant or something).
__________________
2018 ZL1 A10 Hyper Blue - Rotofab CAI, Gibson catback
@SurefireDetail
OEM ZLE tails/third brake light, Gen5DIY reverse LEDs, front Amber LEDs, SMG laser LED side markers, SMG smoked reflectors
harner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:36 PM   #10
BlaqWhole


 
BlaqWhole's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,778
Well for starters, that was hardly a video that I would draw any solid conclusion from. And there is no telling if either car is truly "stock". Judging by the supercharger whine on the HC and comparing it to how mine sounds now with the LMI (and how it sounded when it was stock) I would suspect the HC at least has an intake on it. But anyway...

The Hellcat, in a roll race, trans to trans and with equal driver, WILL have the advantage against a ZL1. Trust me, they are incredibly fast. But that does not mean that every Hellcat will always win against every ZL1 every time. There are too many variables. A ZL1 might win here and there. But the Hellcat will have the advantage. That advantage increases dramatically when the cars are both modded similarly. Whereas the HC can hit 900s to the wheels with the stock cam and stock blower, you will need a cam and upgraded blower to make those numbers in a ZL1. And you'll likewise spend much more money doing so. I'd say at least an extra $15K to $20K on the ZL1 to get to 900 RWHP. So there's that. But the tables turn when cornering is thrown in the mix. So it comes down to if you want something that can corner or something that has the advantage in a straight line.

But again, that video shows nothing solid. If anything, it does look like the HC was starting to gain on the ZL1. If the video wasn't cut then I'm sure we would have seen the HC slowly pull by. Given enough room the HC definitely will catch up to and pass the ZL1 starting right around 100-120 MPH.
__________________
2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10 - Roto-Fab cai - Katech ported TB - MBRP Race catback - VTC!!

2017 Challenger Hellcat M6 - Legmaker CAI - MM ported TB - Sprint Booster!!

2012 BMW X5 50i!!

Saving the world...1 hp at a time!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 03:24 PM   #11
Pantherzl1
 
Drives: 2019 Camaro zl1
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Detroit
Posts: 19
Well the Hellcat redeye does have 150 more horsepower then the zl1 so of course it will reel the zl1 in[/I]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Well for starters, that was hardly a video that I would draw any solid conclusion from. And there is no telling if either car is truly "stock". Judging by the supercharger whine on the HC and comparing it to how mine sounds now with the LMI (and how it sounded when it was stock) I would suspect the HC at least has an intake on it. But anyway...

The Hellcat, in a roll race, trans to trans and with equal driver, WILL have the advantage against a ZL1. Trust me, they are incredibly fast. But that does not mean that every Hellcat will always win against every ZL1 every time. There are too many variables. A ZL1 might win here and there. But the Hellcat will have the advantage. That advantage increases dramatically when the cars are both modded similarly. Whereas the HC can hit 900s to the wheels with the stock cam and stock blower, you will need a cam and upgraded blower to make those numbers in a ZL1. And you'll likewise spend much more money doing so. I'd say at least an extra $15K to $20K on the ZL1 to get to 900 RWHP. So there's that. But the tables turn when cornering is thrown in the mix. So it comes down to if you want something that can corner or something that has the advantage in a straight line.

But again, that video shows nothing solid. If anything, it does look like the HC was starting to gain on the ZL1. If the video wasn't cut then I'm sure we would have seen the HC slowly pull by. Given enough room the HC definitely will catch up to and pass the ZL1 starting right around 100-120 MPH.
Pantherzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 03:40 PM   #12
BlaqWhole


 
BlaqWhole's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherzl1 View Post
Well the Hellcat redeye does have 150 more horsepower then the zl1 so of course it will reel the zl1 in[/I]
For the record I was talking about the standard Hellcat. Not the Redeye. The Redeye is without a doubt faster than the ZL1.

Furthermore I'll repeat that the video is not long or clear enough to make a solid statement that the ZL1 will beat the RE "in every way". All we see is them both launching and then the video cuts right as it seems that the RE is going to take over. In fact I'm starting to wonder if that was just a troll video in the first place. In any case, the ZL1 with A10 and that little 1.7 liter blower will be in boost and hit full boost faster than the RE will. Which is why it should get the initial jump. But once the HC or RE gets into full song it is over. At least that is what I have seen from racing both of my cars. My Hellcat is a M6 trans tho.
__________________
2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10 - Roto-Fab cai - Katech ported TB - MBRP Race catback - VTC!!

2017 Challenger Hellcat M6 - Legmaker CAI - MM ported TB - Sprint Booster!!

2012 BMW X5 50i!!

Saving the world...1 hp at a time!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 04:14 PM   #13
SlitherByU
 
SlitherByU's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 GT350R
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
Iím a Mopar and Chevy guy at heart. I went from a Gen II Viper to the ZL1. Thereís two reasons why I went ZL1 over HellCat or Demon.
1. Hellcat is more of a straight line car, whereas the ZL1 can do both straight line and twisties.
2. I donít want to see 4 other cars on the road that are just like mine, every time I go to the grocery store, gas station or Cars and Coffee.
1. Agree
2. Huh? All Camaros look the same to me unless it's gotta big wang on the back.
__________________
2018 GT350R
SlitherByU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 04:19 PM   #14
unavailablezl1

 
unavailablezl1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Grapevine
Posts: 1,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlitherByU View Post
1. Agree
2. Huh? All Camaros look the same to me unless it's gotta big wang on the back.
True, some wangs are bigger than others
__________________
Current ride
2019 Silverado Z71 LTZ 6.2L 425hp A10, 4 inch BDS Lift, Borla Cat back (15HP bump), BFG KM3's 33's.

Past Rides
2017 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.