Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


JUICEDMOTORSPORTS


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2019, 08:05 PM   #29
6spdhyperblue

 
Drives: 6spd
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: US
Posts: 2,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
And one test drive in my Camaro and I forgot all about my Mustang. Better ride, power where I need it in day to day driving, and the steering and handling blew it out of the water. Oh, and then there's the manual transmission, NO comparison. I put the MGW in my Mustang and it still wasn't impressive. I've ran both at a road course and I would pick my 1SS Camaro any day over the Stang as well. I've owned it now for 2.5 years and all I've done is cut out the secondary cats. Can't wait for my headers/x/ZR1 TB and ported IM to go on.
Same here ran the mgw in my GT and didn’t compare to the Camaro trans
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 03:39 AM   #30
GuywithL86
 
Drives: Black
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Nj
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
And one test drive in my Camaro and I forgot all about my Mustang. Better ride, power where I need it in day to day driving, and the steering and handling blew it out of the water. Oh, and then there's the manual transmission, NO comparison. I put the MGW in my Mustang and it still wasn't impressive. I've ran both at a road course and I would pick my 1SS Camaro any day over the Stang as well. I've owned it now for 2.5 years and all I've done is cut out the secondary cats. Can't wait for my headers/x/ZR1 TB and ported IM to go on.
Camaro = better chassis, better grip, better handling, better trans, higher quality interior, better in nearly every performance metric

But that coyote.......if only it wasn’t attached to a mustang. That motor is incredible. It’s not about the numbers. That thing is like two b18c5’s welded together.
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 04:42 AM   #31
Bluecyclone
 
Bluecyclone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Cyclone mustang
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Port Lavaca,Tx.
Posts: 337
I've "roll raced" a few, even one 370Z and yes, the Coyote motor is to be respected. MMR is a company to watch for 2000+ HP Billet Coyote blocks,heads,intakes, cam guides for e85 ect. They are "world record" holders for the Coyote & Mustang guys. I can only dream of my own MMR "Drag Racing" Coyote mustang. #poiboy
Attached Images
 
__________________
2014 Cyclone/Select Shift/"/Sold
2016 ruby red GT w/3.55:1/resonator delete X- pipe/UPR catch can/Airaid "tube"W/AEM/J&M/BigWorm/BMR /SVE /ZL1addons/Redline/Steeda/BG fluids/
Bluecyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 07:45 AM   #32
AlphaCamaro7

 
AlphaCamaro7's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, NPP, A8, FBO, E85
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Springfield,VA
Posts: 809
ill take care of him
__________________
Well............ At least you tried. lol
AlphaCamaro7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 11:00 AM   #33
Spartan268
 
Spartan268's Avatar
 
Drives: HB 2SS
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluecyclone View Post
I've "roll raced" a few, even one 370Z and yes, the Coyote motor is to be respected. MMR is a company to watch for 2000+ HP Billet Coyote blocks,heads,intakes, cam guides for e85 ect. They are "world record" holders for the Coyote & Mustang guys. I can only dream of my own MMR "Drag Racing" Coyote mustang. #poiboy

A 370Z? :/ That should be an easy kill. When I replaced my Infiniti with a Camaro my old Nissan group all wanted a stab. Basically the stock Camaro walked on all of them including a FBO 370Z and SC G35.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 11:33 AM   #34
KingLT1


 
KingLT1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: 46804
Posts: 2,722
The Coyote has nothing on the LT1 Naturally Aspirated. With Boost it's a different story.
__________________
2016 NFG 1SS A8
Options-[2SS Leather/NPP]
Perf. mods-[Whipple 2.9/LPE LT5 TB/Rotofab Dry/LT4 Fueling/Flex Fuel/CA ORP/FM NPP Axle back]
KingLT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 11:35 PM   #35
Deputy Dog
 
Drives: 2017 Go Kart
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: US
Posts: 631
Then go here.



https://www.horsepowerwars.com/horse...5000-bolt-ons/
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:37 AM   #36
URBAN LEGEND


 
URBAN LEGEND's Avatar
 
Drives: 18 ZL1 1LE/18 M3 CP/19 ZL1 1LE A10
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Brenham, TX
Posts: 3,194
Get a ZL1 and on to the next challenge.
__________________
18 M6 ZL1 1LE
18 BMW M3 CP
19 A10 ZL1 1LE (Delivered 3/27/19)
URBAN LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:42 AM   #37
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!
 
SJFGTO's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Walton Woods
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Get a ZL1 and on to the next challenge.
__________________
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab air intake, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!
644 HP @ 6250 rpms
689 trq @ 3660 rpms

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 02:32 PM   #38
Mighty Mouce
Banned
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: US
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post



He only gains 15hp and the wheels with $5k in mods. Sad. Obviously the tuner is so bad who took away HP and Tq. or their Dyno machine is badly effed up.
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 02:36 PM   #39
6spdhyperblue

 
Drives: 6spd
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: US
Posts: 2,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Mouce View Post
He only gains 15hp and the wheels with $5k in mods. Sad. Obviously the tuner is so bad who took away HP and Tq. or their Dyno machine is badly effed up.
I’m wondering if the different converter wheels and tires must’ve eaten up some power. But I’d bet it was locked so who knows. They should’ve done the engine mods first then driveline if you’re doing a comparo article.

Plus they didn’t wait for the throttle body so a benefit of the large mouth of the Msd is not utilized. Agreed the tuner didn’t squeeze any numbers out of it
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 03:03 PM   #40
Mighty Mouce
Banned
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: US
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
I’m wondering if the different converter wheels and tires must’ve eaten up some power. But I’d bet it was locked so who knows. They should’ve done the engine mods first then driveline if you’re doing a comparo article.

Plus they didn’t wait for the throttle body so a benefit of the large mouth of the Msd is not utilized. Agreed the tuner didn’t squeeze any numbers out of it
No way in hell would I take my car there for mods.
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:26 PM   #41
clayhtrevino
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 1LENightfall
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Republic Missouri
Posts: 21
WHAT?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonc_06 View Post
I have a 17ss 6speed manual with cold air intake, headers, e85, and tune. Im making 445hp to the wheel. My friend has a 16gt auto 6speed mustang with headers and cold air intake, tune. Hes still beating me at a 50 roll 2nd gear. Sometimes we are dead even and sometimes hes alittle ahead. should I be winning?
I have yet to see Mustang tail lights by a long shot and about a dozen have tried. Older ones and newer ones. Either rolling start or stop n go.
Nothing special. 2017 2SS, 6 speed, 1LE suspension, K&N, Tune, TB, Performance plug/wire, Muffler Delete, Injen Throttle Controller, thats it.
clayhtrevino is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.