Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-22-2019, 09:35 AM   #1
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
Anderson Composites Hoods

First off are they ever in stock ANYWHERE?

Secondly, for those who have one. Did you install the hood pins they say are required? I can't imagine why you would need them when the OEM hood doesn't have any. When i emailed to ask why, the reply was simply "For safety reasons". I just don't like the idea of drilling into a $1500 hood and chancing messing it up.
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:53 AM   #2
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
To me, a hood that needs pins to stay down is an inferior part to the stock one. It means they either couldn't or didn't bother to exceed the stock hood attributes in critical areas that matter so why would you pay 1-2k dollars for a part that's crappier than what you got with the car originally? For a premium price, it better be better than OEM ...not handicapped.

so why buy it? Looks ? most just replicate other trims, so buy the hood from the other trim. Weight? I suspect most need the pins because otherwise the only way they can avoid it requires them to come close to the weight of stock but even without that structural support, they dont weigh much less than aluminum hoods.

As you can tell, i'm less than impressed with the hood offerings on 6th gen camaros.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 11:20 AM   #3
RyanR623

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
To me, a hood that needs pins to stay down is an inferior part to the stock one. It means they either couldn't or didn't bother to exceed the stock hood attributes in critical areas that matter so why would you pay 1-2k dollars for a part that's crappier than what you got with the car originally? For a premium price, it better be better than OEM ...not handicapped.

so why buy it? Looks ? most just replicate other trims, so buy the hood from the other trim. Weight? I suspect most need the pins because otherwise the only way they can avoid it requires them to come close to the weight of stock but even without that structural support, they dont weigh much less than aluminum hoods.

As you can tell, i'm less than impressed with the hood offerings on 6th gen camaros.
I ant to buy it because it looks like this!

https://andersoncomposites.com/colle...copo-stylehood
Old 05-22-2019, 08:04 PM   #4
LD18SS

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
I have a Anderson Composites hood and no I don't have the hood pins on mine and I've had no problems at all, I'm very happy with it!!
LD18SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:36 AM   #5
RyanR623

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD18SS View Post
I have a Anderson Composites hood and no I don't have the hood pins on mine and I've had no problems at all, I'm very happy with it!!
Thanks! Did you find it in stock somewhere?
Old 05-23-2019, 09:33 AM   #6
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
We have used the Anderson hood on a number of our track cars and never needed to use the hood pins. As far as stock goes they are normally built to order items that can take up to 9 weeks. It is rare they will have it in stock or someone else have it on hand.

Cheers,

Kayla L.
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:32 AM   #7
RyanR623

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Sales View Post
We have used the Anderson hood on a number of our track cars and never needed to use the hood pins. As far as stock goes they are normally built to order items that can take up to 9 weeks. It is rare they will have it in stock or someone else have it on hand.

Cheers,

Kayla L.
Thanks for the reply! That is what Anderson Composites said as well, 9 weeks
Old 05-23-2019, 10:37 AM   #8
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR623 View Post
Thanks for the reply! That is what Anderson Composites said as well, 9 weeks
It's a pain in the butt to wait but we think it is worth it .

Cheers,

Kayla L.
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 11:38 AM   #9
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
they are made to order most of the time and as for hood pins all aftermarket fiberglass/cf hoods will say hood pins required its up to you if you want to run them or not but if you are doing any track use or high speed runs i would 100% use them
Old 05-23-2019, 05:26 PM   #10
LD18SS

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR623 View Post
Thanks! Did you find it in stock somewhere?
I ordered mine off of ebay
LD18SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 06:06 AM   #11
Jayd0002

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th Anniversary
--THEY ALSO ADVISE NOT TO RE-ATTACH THE GAS STRUTS-- to the people who have these hoods- have you re-attached the struts and have you had any issues??? also- 9 WEEKS IS B.S. -- I ORDERED MINE LATE FEB 2019-- STILL DONT HAVE IT. I CALLED LAST WEEK. THEY SAID NOW IT LOOKS LIKE I WONT HAVE IT TILL EARLY TO MID JULY.
Jayd0002 is offline   Reply With Quote