Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 08-18-2019, 03:03 PM   #1
Sternall

Drives: 2018 Chev Camaro 2SS, 2016 Chev Tra
2018 ZL1, Help me with GM, SPS reflashing ECU

The 2018 Camaro's ECM and TCM were destroyed in a front end collision, both were replaced with new units from GM. Using the J2535 Pass-through tool, I subscribed with the VIN # to GM SPS service to reprogram the new ECM with the correct settings and write the VIN . All went well on the upload to the new ECM till the bar graph hit 100% and it then failed with reprogram error. The scanner gave a P0630 error code which is no VIN written to ECM. When I tried to repeat the process to get the VIN into the ECM, the GM SPS software told me that the new ECM settings were at the latest revision level and that I was not allowed to reflash the same revision level. So it appears that the latest settings wrote to my new ECM, but the VIN # of the Camaro body did not. I need help in getting the VIN number into the new ECU, or erase the setting that are saved in there already so I can at least try again.
Hope someone out there is familiar with the latest GM SPS system and new GM Global programmable ECUs used after model year 2016.G
Sternall is offline   Reply With Quote