Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 04-11-2019, 11:48 AM   #1765
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
Through the 90's I driving my 2 Mustangs 4 Cutlass and my 73 455 Delta 88

I think Ford was selling more RWD platforms than anything GM was making they were King with the Grand Marquee and Crown Vic till 2011, I had 4 of those as well, I want a bigger RWD platform GM lost my business for the last 29 years because there was a void that GM had in their lineup.

Ford RWD options since 1990:

Ford Mustang
Ford Sierra - Non US
Ford Falcon GT - Non US
Ford Scorpio - Non US
Ford Thunderbird
Mercury Capri
Ford Crown Victoria
Mercury Grand Marquis/Marauder
Lincoln Towncar
Ford GT

Dodge RWD options since 1990:
Dodge Viper
Plymouth Prowler
Chrysler Crossfire
Dodge Conquest (rebadged Mitsubishi)
Dodge Challenger
Dodge Charger
Dodge Magnum
Chrysler 300

GM RWD options since 1990:
Chevrolet Corvette
Chevrolet Camaro
Pontiac Firebird/Pontiac Trans-Am
Chevy Caprice
Chevy Impala SS (1994-1996)
Pontiac GTO
Pontiac G8
Chevy SS
Cadillac Catera
Cadillac XLR
Cadillac STS and STS-V
Cadillac CTS and CTS-V
Cadillac ATS and ATS-V
Cadillac CT5
Cadillac CT6
Pontiac Solstice
Saturn Sky

I may have missed one or two cars, but GM still produced the most..
Old 04-11-2019, 11:49 AM   #1766
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
the Bronco is being built on the ranger platform
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/04/02/...on-solid-axle/
Had it and the Baby Bronco mixed up.. good catch!
Old 04-11-2019, 11:50 AM   #1767
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
A few months ago we had a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk in the office. 707hp Hellcat. Freaky fast. The unicorn exists.
Quote:
A few months ago we had a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk in the office. 707hp Hellcat. Freaky fast. The unicorn exists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
I always forget that one... it's early... I need more caffeine lmao
FCA recently announced that the Durango might get the Hellcat engine. The reason is that the next Gen Durango was supposed to be built on a truck chassis. But they had to extend the current truck for two years which means the current Gen Durango will be extended an extra two years. So they might be putting the Hellcat engine and trans in it to boost sales for those two years or to at least keep sales from dropping off.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 12:14 PM   #1768
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Me too!! I was in highschool in the late 90's, and those were really popular among some of my friends. I really loved those.

That makes a lot of sense now that you mention it, not sure why I didn't consider what Ford already had in the mid size SUV range.
Which is why I have some faith that Ford might actually do the Bronco right(at least according to the Bronco fatihful)

If it's to small its just an Edge that can go offroad and to big and it's gonna chop into Explorer sales. Ford needs to get this one right IMO or they are just overcrowding their SUV showroom. I think making it a Wrangler fighter is the right move

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Had it and the Baby Bronco mixed up.. good catch!
All good!

That thing I have no idea where they hell they are going to slot it or what it's purpose will be
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 12:41 PM   #1769
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
GTO US only
SS US only

Low sales on both of those

of the RWD models sold by the big 3 from 2000 till today what are the numbers, that is what I would be more impressed with. That would be close to 20 years that would be a little more current than 30 years.

Last edited by rocket403; 04-11-2019 at 12:53 PM.
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 01:42 PM   #1770
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:
GTO US only
SS US only

Low sales on both of those

of the RWD models sold by the big 3 from 2000 till today what are the numbers, that is what I would be more impressed with. That would be close to 20 years that would be a little more current than 30 years.
The GTO was essentially a rebadged Holden Monaro, which was mass produced in Australia under the GM brand Holden. The same goes for the Chevy SS/Pontiac G8. These were both rebranded Holden Commodores.

Both vehicles were mass produced in their normal models in Europe, the Middle East, and Australia.
Old 04-11-2019, 01:55 PM   #1771
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
I know they were rebadged GM products from outside of NA but they were not even an option for purchase in Canada so low volume NA cars.

In NA Chevy has crapped the bed and unless you want a Camaro, Vette, Caddy has some RWD but it is all quite boring looking, other than the Chevy Twins.

I'm a GM enthusiast without a car that I would buy, last car that was made other than the Iroc that I would by would be GN,Monte, 442, 2+2, maybe a 96 SS.

Last edited by rocket403; 04-14-2019 at 06:39 PM.
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 02:07 PM   #1772
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:
I know they were rebadged GM products from outside of NA but they were not even an option for perchance in Canada so low volume NA cars.

In NA Chevy has crapped the bed and unless you want a Camaro, Vette, Caddy has some RWD but it is all quite boring looking, other than the Chevy Twins.

I'm a GM enthusiast without a car that I would buy, last car that was made other than the Iroc that I would by would be GN,Monte, 442, 2+2, maybe a 96 SS.
Honestly, the vast majority of the RWD cars sold in the US right now are V6 model Chargers/300s... and that's about it. I hear what you're saying, I would love a new version of the old Impala SS with RWD....but I think those days are just done....
Old 04-11-2019, 10:02 PM   #1773
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Yes and yes. Plus evolution and learnings in structure design and load management. Also advances in “near form” manufacturing. Manufacturing the part so that there is very little excess material (flanges, fastening surfaces and bolt bosses, webbing).
The "near form" manufacturing is a great idea, something that makes sense but probably wasn't something on the forefront of engineer's minds back in the day: Bolts a little longer than necessary? No biggie - better safe than sorry! Excess flanges? No problem - gives a little wiggle room.

But yeah, having the items very close fitted and only as thick/long/wide as things needs to be makes perfect sense in shaving weight. Getting things down to an exact science, i.e., "the bolt/stud should end only 2 threads past the nut when the nut is at 40 ft-lbs of torque."

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 02:35 PM   #1774
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

https://www.guideautoweb.com/en/arti...-up-to-710-hp/

I guess Roush wants to get their hands in. A $22K package for 710HP. You also get other upgrades as well. So a fully loaded brand new GT with this package would be somewhere around $65K to $75K it looks like. Although this isn't an official Ford factory vehicle I do wonder how it would stack up against the competition. They claim a quarter mile of less than 11 seconds. And there is no mention of a speed limiter. So I would also wonder how fast it's mechanical limit will be with the limiter removed. And I wonder if this would be a good alternative for those who want a GT500 but will not pay markups. At that price it is certainly less than a Redeye and around the price of a ZLE. But would it perform as well as those cars?
Old 04-12-2019, 03:55 PM   #1775
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
The roush stage 3 is definitely an interesting package. There have been a few first drive reviews, but unfortunately no numbers. Even though it's not an official Ford factory car, they work so close with Roush it's about as close as you can get to factory as far as a third party package.

For 71K to get you 710 HP and choice of 6M or A10 that is a tempting package if the ADM on GT500 is crazy.

Roush also covers the powertrain for 5 year 60K too.

I would say the Roush Stage 3 is probably more of a straightline car/ boulevard bruiser so I would guess the ZLE would probably wipe the floor with it on a road course.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 04:22 PM   #1776
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
The roush stage 3 is definitely an interesting package. There have been a few first drive reviews, but unfortunately no numbers. Even though it's not an official Ford factory car, they work so close with Roush it's about as close as you can get to factory as far as a third party package.

For 71K to get you 710 HP and choice of 6M or A10 that is a tempting package if the ADM on GT500 is crazy.

Roush also covers the powertrain for 5 year 60K too.

I would say the Roush Stage 3 is probably more of a straightline car/ boulevard bruiser so I would guess the ZLE would probably wipe the floor with it on a road course.
The 5-year warranty is awesome. Base GT starts at $35k, so this really starts at $57k, with full warranty. No one is going to buy a PP1 with MagneRide then send it to Roush for these upgrades. The stage 3 Roush Mustang includes the Roush 3-way adjustable suspension upgrade tuned by Roush jr., so I'm guessing it'll probably hold its own around a track for a while. I don't think coolers are included, however, so it's probably like a very powerful PP2 but without MagneRide.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:16 PM   #1777
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

No coolers, no trans upgrades/modifications, no additional drive train upgrades (Axles/swaybars/etc)

So basically a blower, adjustable suspension, custom wheels, and a pretty outside package...

https://www.roushperformance.com/veh...19-stage3.html

Yeah, I'll be curious to see how long they last.... remember, GM didn't put the base A10 in their ZL1...
Old 04-12-2019, 06:32 PM   #1778
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Well let's consider the price and how it will range between Mustang GT trims. I'm thinking along with Idaho that the range will go from $57K-ish to $75K-ish. And as mentioned that is without coolers, trans upgrade, etc. Now take the GT500 with the 7 sp DCT, CF wheels, extra coolers, suspension upgrade to attempt a shot at the ZL1, and I think even the base one will be well optioned on par with a fully optioned GT Premium at least...I'd have to think GT500 MSRP will be $80K. Oh and let's not forget the R&D that Ford had to put into it, the strict standards they have to abide by, the "Shelby" name which brings more money, and it is limited addition...not everyone will be able to get one even if they can afford it whereas the Roush is readily available to anyone who wants one at any time. So all things considered I'm not seeing how the GT500 will be less than $80K.