Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-16-2015, 02:33 PM   #29
IN10SS
18 Camaros in 39 years

Drives: Z4M, G37, Camaro6 'vert ordered
I sat in a 1ss without a sunroof and had plenty of room but my head hit when I sat in a 2ss with sunroof. I was planning on waiting for a convertible, but liked the 1ss I drove so much, I drove two towns over to try a black 2ss with sunroof to see if I could live with just a sunroof. Did not fit so back to waiting. I'm only 5' 11" but fall into the long body/short leg group.
IN10SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 02:58 PM   #30
martelds
Go Arizona Cardinals

Drives: 2006 GMC Duramax 2500 HD, 2016 2SS
I drove a 2SS with the Sunroof. I'm 6 ft and my spiky hair rubbing on the roof.
I feel I fit fine, but it's a little tight. In order to see properly I had to raise the seat. But all in all I think it will work out fine. But if I didn't live in AZ and didn't love light, I would not order the sunroof.
martelds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 07:05 PM   #31
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstyle View Post
I actually had to get the dealer to take back my 2011 IOM 2SS with a sunroof and they let me exchange it for a CG 2SS with no sunroof because I only had the car for 48 hours and they didn't turn the paperwork in. My problem is when I test drove the IOM I was wearing a hat so I didn't really realize my head rubbed the headliner the whole time. As soon I drove to work the next day I quickly realized it wasn't going to work. I tried to lower the seat and recline as much as possible. I even considered going with the old school buzz cut.

All of that being said I sat in a Red 2016 2SS with a sunroof and I had no problems at all.

Gen5 roof too low Gen6 just right...
All depends on how you're built..

I'm 6'4" barefoot and pretty evenly divided. (36" inseam)
If you're a borderline height, you'd best sit in a few just to make sure.

I sat in both sunroof and not at the Chevy dealer the other day.

With the seat all the way down and leaned all the way back, which isn't very far BTW, I absolutely WILL NOT fit in the one with the sunroof. I was solidly into the ceiling, no way around it. I couldn't come close to sitting upright.
Without the sunroof, I'm still sitting about 1/2" higher than my Gen5 which I rub if I let my hair grow. Still can't comfortably straighten out my head.

Was hoping for some kind of revelation, but unless I were to get aftermarket seats or disc removal surgery, the Gen 6 is done for me.

I did like the doors though, they feel much lighter and thinner and seem to open further.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 01:20 AM   #32
sonic1971

Drives: 2SS 1LE 2018
Hey gang, read a bunch of this thread and still not sure what to do for a helmut. I race super comp drags through a school (their gear) and would like to get my own helmut for that purpose but also for road courses in my 1LE. What is the lowest height profile helmut out there? I have a sunroof and am about 6 foot 1
sonic1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 04:50 AM   #33
SpinnerPaddlefoot

Drives: VW GTI
I too am 5'10" and found the headroom just a touch lacking, based upon the position that I preferred to adjust my seat too. Not a big fan of sunroofs anyway, so opted for the hardtop 2SS.
SpinnerPaddlefoot is offline   Reply With Quote