Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 04-20-2020, 10:04 AM   #29
zedts1986

Drives: 2024 2SS 6MT
I went with the ZZP intake tube, which I installed this past Saturday. Piece of cake. Now my PTP turbo blanket is on the way. Debating the lava wrap for my downpipe, but I'm on the fence.

Old & Sold: 2019 Camaro 1LT M6, RaceChip GTS, RaceChip XLR, ZZP Catted downpipe, JacFab Boost-o-lator, K&N drop-in air filter, ZZP Intake Tube, PTP turbo blanket, NGK 6510s gapped at 0.022"

Motorcycle enthusiast
zedts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 01:46 PM   #30
zedts1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heater View Post
You should explore coating options as well for your downpipe. I am installing some stuff on my camaro and while the headers are easily accessed I planned to lava wrap them. I got 1 done and it is really fibrous, I am debating throwing out the shirt I wore while installing it away as I dont want my washing machine/dryer to get all the fibers. Also after reading countless horror stories of people who have had oil leaks and fires I am now fairly certain I will remove the wrap from the 1 header and leave the other without.
I've certainly considered having my downpipe ceramic coated. I dont live too far from Swain Tech, who does a great job. It's just a matter of removing the pipe and going without for a couple of weeks!

Old & Sold: 2019 Camaro 1LT M6, RaceChip GTS, RaceChip XLR, ZZP Catted downpipe, JacFab Boost-o-lator, K&N drop-in air filter, ZZP Intake Tube, PTP turbo blanket, NGK 6510s gapped at 0.022"

Motorcycle enthusiast
Old 04-20-2020, 05:13 PM   #31
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
boy how much progress has gone by, looking at my old comments and now 'Im running water/meth (window washer) boost cooler.

My suggestion to offer is do the mishi intercooler pipes. Its pretty easy and will definitely come in handy down the road. If you don't even notice right way, but I think there is noticeable bump running stock. Other thing it exhaust. But get a mid pipe muffler, Im sure you've seen other posts.

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 04:43 PM   #32
zedts1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookwook View Post
boy how much progress has gone by, looking at my old comments and now 'Im running water/meth (window washer) boost cooler.

My suggestion to offer is do the mishi intercooler pipes. Its pretty easy and will definitely come in handy down the road. If you don't even notice right way, but I think there is noticeable bump running stock. Other thing it exhaust. But get a mid pipe muffler, Im sure you've seen other posts.
Waiting to see your new 0-60 times!

Motorcycle enthusiast
Old 04-21-2020, 06:06 PM   #33
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
so much has to go right with traction and its still a little crisp out. she pulls hard, and looking forward to get trap times.

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 02:56 PM   #34
zedts1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedts1986 View Post
I went with the ZZP intake tube, which I installed this past Saturday. Piece of cake. Now my PTP turbo blanket is on the way. Debating the lava wrap for my downpipe, but I'm on the fence.
Ordered on Monday and it showed up today. Nice work, ZZP and USPS!

Motorcycle enthusiast