Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-02-2024, 04:33 PM   #1
PICNIC101

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Exhaust hanging too high?

Hi all, I just knocked out an exhaust install in the driveway with a body of mine. First time for him or I tackling a project like this. For the most part it went well.

However as you can see in the photo below the passenger tips are sitting pretty high. We worked for a while to get them to lower by adjusting the exhaust slip on in and out. This is the best we could come up with.

I have 2 questions. 1. With it this high should I be concerned with exhaust heat that close to the rear valance? 2. Any suggestions to potentially get the tips to hang a little lower?

The only thing I can think of is maybe pulling that side off completely and bend the hanger above the tips of the exhaust ever so slightly. That makes me a bit nervous though. Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

PICNIC101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2024, 06:33 AM   #2
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
I can see you have a difference left to right, could be the hangar rod on that side of the exhaust is too short/out of spec. Not sure how you can adjust up/down, its not otherwise possible.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 02:55 PM   #3
FH212

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
Come on man.....you cant post pics of a new exhaust, ask help questions, with NO sound clip!!! Let us hear it too!
2001 Mecham Trans Am #3 - 7.0L LS1
FH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 03:26 PM   #4
bennettbrowder3

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Exhaust hanger rods get bent during shipping sometimes. Use a good thick pry bar and
a block of wood, bend it away from the muffler a little.
bennettbrowder3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 04:31 PM   #5
Justcruising

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennettbrowder3 View Post
Exhaust hanger rods get bent during shipping sometimes. Use a good thick pry bar and
a block of wood, bend it away from the muffler a little.
That is exactly what I did to get my tips to be level with one another.
2019 Camaro 2SS A10/ Stainless Works 1-7/8 in headers with full 3 inch exhaust to Legend series black quad tipped mufflers, GPI ported intake, Soler performance throttle body, with RotoFab cold air intake, BMR strut tower brace powder coated Jazz blue to match my ZL1 1LE brake calipers, P1X Procharger with stage 2 intercooler, wide band with a P3 gauge, LT4 high side fuel system upgrades, a catch can, TCM unlock, engine and transmission tune.
Justcruising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 08:30 PM   #6
Germansheperd1

Drives: 2024 LT1
I don't know what is worse that exhaust job or the license plate. I can't unsee "JIZZED".
I'd honestly have to fix both and never drive that car till I did.
Germansheperd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2024, 10:07 PM   #7
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germansheperd1 View Post
I don't know what is worse that exhaust job or the license plate. I can't unsee "JIZZED".
I'd honestly have to fix both and never drive that car till I did.
LOL- C'mon, that's not fair. It doesn't say "jizzed" but now you've exposed us all to your twisted idea and now WE can't unsee it! Thanks for that. OP I'm sure with a little TLC (or serious physical persuasion) you can get that exhaust level and not all of us would ever see that other reference.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote