Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-14-2009, 01:53 PM   #1
robertway

Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
Another happy ******** Customer

Installed my ******** enclosure, sub, and amp last week. I was totally impressed with the quality of the enclosure and just how toight (said with a Goldmember accent) the enclosure fit in the trunk. I got the large enclosure, the 12" Kicker CompVR sub and ZX400.1 watt Kicker Amp (had to order the sub grill from somewhere else as Steve at ******** said they were out of the size I needed), and the side amp mount. Everything I needed came with the package, all of the above including all the necessary wiring and very clear instructions. I did not go to the extent some have with layering sound deadening material in the trunk area as I will see how things sound and possibly do so later on and am still contemplating how I want the final look of the amp to be as it is out in the open at this point. I' also have to find a final resting place for the remote sub control dial that comes with the Kicker Amp as I simply have it laying under the driver's seat at this point I did the install over the course of a couple of nights casual work, about 4-5 hours just taking my time and I am very happy with the final result. The sub really fills out the factory Boston Acoustics System in my 2SS and the punch in the back it gives is quite nice, the flexibility the remote base control the Kicker amp comes with is great as well and it has plenty of cable length so you could mount the thing as a hood ornament if you wanted to.

The ONLY issue I had was having to use the red power cable to ground the amp as the black one that came with the wiring kit was just too short, the instructions even point out the black wire may be too short for some installs but there was way more than enough Red for both power and ground.

Kudos to all the folks at ******** for such an easy no-brainer audio add-on at such a reasonable price.

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin

LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
robertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:12 PM   #2
BigBOSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS, 6M, IBM
Here is where I mounted my Remote Bass Knob. I'm not sure how the Kicker's remote unit is but with the JL Knob you pull the knob off, drill the hole, stick the unit in through the back and secure it, then push the knob back on. It looks amazing and goes very well with the rest of the dash.

BigBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
Camar0wn3d
formerly "wh0rsep0wer"

Drives: 2016 1SS Summit White
superb.

2012 2LS - Black A6 (SOLD)

2016 1SS Summit White A8
Camar0wn3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:27 PM   #4
robertway

Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
The kicker knob is a little box, roughly 2"X2", I like the JL Audio knob, I have to see if I can take the Kicker one apart to do something similar to what you have done. If not I may have route it up into the arm rest and mount it inside there so I don't have too far to reach to adjust it.

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin

LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
robertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:24 PM   #5
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
Well done. Thanks for the compliments. I still need to install my bass knob too.
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:14 PM   #6
Danny Thomas

Drives: 67 RS, 81 Turbo TA, 2010 ABM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Danny Thomas
Ordered my ******** last friday. Using a JLw6 and JL 250 amp that I already had. Think I will order a JL volume knob . Can't wait to get mine installed. Has anyone installed amp on side of sub box. If so how well does that work and look?
Danny Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:24 PM   #7
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Nice
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote