Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-17-2018, 02:04 PM   #1
KelvinnDC

Drives: 2016 V6 Summit White/Adrenaline Red
Ikon Motorsports ZL1 conversion front bumper

I was on eBay and stumbled across this, has anyone heard of these people?
Attached Images

KelvinnDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 02:20 PM   #2
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
already a post on em down below (spoiler)... page 1. basically a replica of the American authority it seems.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517640 (spoiler post)

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517461 (American authority bumper post)

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 02:58 PM   #3
1le32907

Drives: Summit white 1le ss
If the grills are polished black it would be a better deal
1le32907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:53 AM   #4
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
already a post on em down below (spoiler)... page 1. basically a replica of the American authority it seems.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517640 (spoiler post)

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517461 (American authority bumper post)
Doesn't look like an exact copy of the AA one to me based on these pictures, looks way better! Mainly it looks a lot less angular than the AA one, I can't stand how pointy that one is, makes it look terrible in my mind, this one on the other hand looks good.

Or I could be completely wrong and it's just the pictures playing tricks on me haha
Old 02-18-2018, 01:25 PM   #5
EMTNLSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
Doesn't look like an exact copy of the AA one to me based on these pictures, looks way better! Mainly it looks a lot less angular than the AA one, I can't stand how pointy that one is, makes it look terrible in my mind, this one on the other hand looks good.

Or I could be completely wrong and it's just the pictures playing tricks on me haha
This was my thoughts also. The AA one always looked off to me and I never really liked it. To pointy like you said.

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | TSP 1 7/8" Catted Headers | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:
EMTNLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 03:10 PM   #6
1le32907

Drives: Summit white 1le ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMTNLSS View Post
This was my thoughts also. The AA one always looked off to me and I never really liked it. To pointy like you said.
The thing about the pic on the car is it says zl1 on the grill so more than likely it’s a zl1 car not the bumper for the swap just my thoughts though. Plus no one has an install info. The AA one everyone says is a great fit and easy to put together don’t know what your getting with this one
1le32907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 06:40 PM   #7
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1le32907 View Post
The thing about the pic on the car is it says zl1 on the grill so more than likely it’s a zl1 car not the bumper for the swap just my thoughts though. Plus no one has an install info. The AA one everyone says is a great fit and easy to put together don’t know what your getting with this one
I'm pretty sure this is their Sema car from last year, notice it doesn't have the flowtie in the upper grill and it also has Ikon's rockers on it as well. So I think it's not a ZL1 but not 100% sure haha
Old 02-18-2018, 08:32 PM   #8
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
I agree it’s not as pointed in the middle. It looks more like the factory ZL1 bumper, I saw this one for $899 shipped on Ebay.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:56 PM   #9
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
I agree it’s not as pointed in the middle. It looks more like the factory ZL1 bumper, I saw this one for $899 shipped on Ebay.
So if you guys are truly interested in this eBay is a fun place to stack deals you couldn't get elsewhere... If you have a samsung s6 or newer and use samsung pay quite frequently ebay giftcards go 10-15% off if you purchase them and then wait for a 8-10% back on ebay bucks deal you can get this setup for a pretty sweet price. Just some eBay tips :-)

Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/hyperhawkcamaro/
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHR...-ilSpV3gMQnTuA

Supercharged with Overkill Superchargers http://www.v6superchargers.com
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:32 AM   #10
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustya View Post
So if you guys are truly interested in this eBay is a fun place to stack deals you couldn't get elsewhere... If you have a samsung s6 or newer and use samsung pay quite frequently ebay giftcards go 10-15% off if you purchase them and then wait for a 8-10% back on ebay bucks deal you can get this setup for a pretty sweet price. Just some eBay tips :-)
Nice Iphone user here.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:47 AM   #11
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
I couldn’t find this conversion on the Ikon Motorsports website?!?! Looks like they mainly deal with aftermarket BMW and Honda stuff. It does look slightly less “pointy” than the AA bumper. But without feedback on fitment and probably more importantly, Customer Support, I would be extremely cautious. AA has incredible customer support, a very good reputation, and lots of positive feedback! I’m not trying to “Cheerlead” for them, as I have not purchased a single part from them yet. But I have been researching the AA bumper conversion for a while and plan on doing it soon. I know some of you don’t like the AA conversion, but have you seen that AA lowered the price down to $799 now with free shipping!!!! Seems like a good time to do it...at least for me!!!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:43 AM   #12
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
replica of a replica ??? lol
Old 02-19-2018, 04:19 PM   #13
DarkFangz1100

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
I couldn’t find this conversion on the Ikon Motorsports website?!?! Looks like they mainly deal with aftermarket BMW and Honda stuff. It does look slightly less “pointy” than the AA bumper. But without feedback on fitment and probably more importantly, Customer Support, I would be extremely cautious. AA has incredible customer support, a very good reputation, and lots of positive feedback! I’m not trying to “Cheerlead” for them, as I have not purchased a single part from them yet. But I have been researching the AA bumper conversion for a while and plan on doing it soon. I know some of you don’t like the AA conversion, but have you seen that AA lowered the price down to $799 now with free shipping!!!! Seems like a good time to do it...at least for me!!!

I have to agree with this...I looked it up on their site when I saw this post and couldn't find it. Granted the painted grills is a nice touch but theres no real support on the forums for this "Ikon Motorsports" bumper.

Also, thanks for making me look at AA's website....>_> just bought the louver now
Old 02-19-2018, 04:32 PM   #14
Eyefixstuff

Drives: 16’ 2SS A8 HBM Procharged
The Ikon zl1 spoiler isn’t on their site either. I got that off eBay for $80 shipped and couldn’t be happier with the purchase. Thing is awesome. If their bumper is made by the same people them I’d give it a shot. The AA ZL1 bumper for the SS doesn’t look right on our cars. I think it’s too pointy and just doesn’t fit the car right. Everyone has their opinion though. But based on the quality of the spoiler I bought from Ikon for chump change, I may try this.