Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-18-2017, 10:45 PM   #15
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I must be missing something...so I have to ask.

The V6 is rated at 335 crank HP, so when you said 326whp above, it leads me to believe you mean 326 rear wheel horsepower.

Then later you said the mods are downpipes, exhaust, and 93 octane. So what did I miss? B/c there's no way your V6 is putting down 326rwhp. That would mean you car is making north of 375 crank HP.

Maybe the dyno you ran on said that number. I'll believe that. But your car isn't making that power with those mods. Do you have some kind of forced induction on it?

I'm no V6 hater at all. In fact I loved my 5th gen V6. But even with a good tune and bolt ons (downpipe, intake, exhaust, "ported" intake manifold, T/B) the V6 won't be putting down 326rwhp.
Well.. just out the box these cars are keeping up with stock and mildly modded 4th Gen LS1 F-Bodies, he clearly shows himself destroying a mildly modded 4th Gen SS in the video too.. that mildly modded SS should have been at nearly 400 Crank Horsepower based on the mods he had (Intake and Full Exhaust) and the V6 took him out... so there may be the possibility that the dyno isn't lieing... Also.. (and with all due respect as well as I have owned a 5th Gen V6) ..the 6th Gen V6 is a much much quicker car... its a night and day difference driving between the two. For the actual modding, it DOES seem alittle optimistic, but..I wouldn't put it in the realms of impossible given that they are already in LS1 territory just out the box.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 09:18 PM   #16
Red Beard
Instagram @redbeardfifty

Drives: Chevy colroado, Gmc yukon
back from the death. So, are people finding power with a set of high flo cats or a cat delete in the downpipes?
Red Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 02:04 PM   #17
FunctionOverForm

Drives: Chevy Colorado
I'm just trying to find some flanges to weld on to, I don't want to cut out my cats, so I can bolt them back on, but another set of cats is absurdly expensive. Any solutions short of using the gasket as a cnc pattern for some custom work?
FunctionOverForm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 07:35 PM   #18
JakeF_RS

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunctionOverForm View Post
I'm just trying to find some flanges to weld on to, I don't want to cut out my cats, so I can bolt them back on, but another set of cats is absurdly expensive. Any solutions short of using the gasket as a cnc pattern for some custom work?
American Racing Headers makes high-flow and hatless downpipes for our cars.
JakeF_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 11:48 AM   #19
Red Beard
Instagram @redbeardfifty

Drives: Chevy colroado, Gmc yukon
HAs anyone posted pre/post dynos from a downpipe cat delete? I have to have flanges made on top of bending the tube etc etc.

(IM running a LGZ colorado prerunner). So Im trying to find out if there is truly a gain to be made that is worth the cost. I cant just order an ARH or Solo...

I didnt want to start a new thread so piggy backed here
Red Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 12:05 PM   #20
ssmofo

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Lopez,

I work for the California Air Resource Board, what is your address?
ssmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 07:58 PM   #21
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Drives: Supercharged 2016 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmofo View Post
Lopez,

I work for the California Air Resource Board, what is your address?
😂😂😂😂😂
• Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Supercharger • Custom tune by Overkill Motorsports • AFE Momentum GT Pro Dry Cold Air Intake • MBRP SS Cat Back Exhaust • iROC-z Wheels • Nitto NT555 G2 Tires (275 fronts, 305 rears)
dgriff14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 07:59 PM   #22
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Drives: Supercharged 2016 2LT RS
I’ll be buying the ARH catless down pipes this week and I’m looking for an x pipe to help with the drone I’m anticipating
• Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Supercharger • Custom tune by Overkill Motorsports • AFE Momentum GT Pro Dry Cold Air Intake • MBRP SS Cat Back Exhaust • iROC-z Wheels • Nitto NT555 G2 Tires (275 fronts, 305 rears)
dgriff14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 03:44 PM   #23
mvp88

Drives: 16 2LT/RS Hy-Blue/manual/NPP/6PBrem
So if you go N/A full bolt on for the 6th gen V6 with whats out there at the moment you could possibly get around that 320whp number depending on the dyno of course. Here's what I know to be available currently:

ARH downpies to start. from there
MBRP 3inch catback race series exhaust

80ml ported throttle body/ported intake manifold combo from Overkill
RotoFab CAI for SS models
E85 tune from Overkill to maximize it all

the dyno sheet is from a member with most of the mods but no all.
doesn't have SS intake or downpipes. stated he removed the mufflers so I'm assuming straight piped to the rear.

mvp88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 08:37 PM   #24
JakeF_RS

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp88 View Post
So if you go N/A full bolt on for the 6th gen V6 with whats out there at the moment you could possibly get around that 320whp number depending on the dyno of course. Here's what I know to be available currently:

ARH downpies to start. from there
MBRP 3inch catback race series exhaust

80ml ported throttle body/ported intake manifold combo from Overkill
RotoFab CAI for SS models
E85 tune from Overkill to maximize it all

the dyno sheet is from a member with most of the mods but no all.
doesn't have SS intake or downpipes. stated he removed the mufflers so I'm assuming straight piped to the rear.

Are they on an E85 tune or 91/93?
JakeF_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 03:55 AM   #25
Spudsmaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 6 SPEED MANUAL CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I must be missing something...so I have to ask.

The V6 is rated at 335 crank HP, so when you said 326whp above, it leads me to believe you mean 326 rear wheel horsepower.

Then later you said the mods are downpipes, exhaust, and 93 octane. So what did I miss? B/c there's no way your V6 is putting down 326rwhp. That would mean you car is making north of 375 crank HP.

Maybe the dyno you ran on said that number. I'll believe that. But your car isn't making that power with those mods. Do you have some kind of forced induction on it?

I'm no V6 hater at all. In fact I loved my 5th gen V6. But even with a good tune and bolt ons (downpipe, intake, exhaust, "ported" intake manifold, T/B) the V6 won't be putting down 326rwhp.
So his numbers are not BS I have the same car and basically the same mods with a bit more

I have catlessdown pipes to a 2.5 inch x pipe stock resonator and mbrp axel back quad exhaust, ported intake manifold and 80mm throttle body with a k&n typhoon cold air intake tuned from trifecta 93 octane and I have a throttle controll I rarely use that however my Dyno numbers were 332 and that's on a dynojet which the owner said "it gives low numbers" so I'm prolly higher unless he lied. But the lgx is different the. The lfx so you can't really compare I mean they have aloooot of similarities but still a different engine.
Spudsmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 03:24 PM   #26
Hayden P

Drives: 2023 Rapid Blue 2SS 1LE M6
Has anyone retrofitted the ARH catless downpipes to their car yet?? I’ve been looking but can’t find it anywhere. The mounting holes are slightly off from the LFX to LGX. Do you just shave some material off and then mount up like usual or maybe even cut off the stock mount for LGX and weld to the new pipe for the LFX?? Any suggestions are welcome. First modified car so I’m new to all this and all help is appreciated.

Edit: Managed to do it this past weekend, we cut off the old mounting point from the stock pipes and put them on the new catless downpipes for the LFX motor. We then tacked them up in the car to make sure they were angled proper and such, welded them on and then cleaned side for the gasket by sanding it down. Lastly, on the drivers side we heated up a portion of the pipe and beat in a few times to go around the steering column and starter relay sheilding. Not easy on ramps though just a heads up lol. The rear 02 Sensors are a tight fit so for now they are plugged holes but will soon fix that by cutting and rewording the pipe after spooning it a few degrees or getting an angled O2 spacer. Hope this helps anyone else trying to go catless.

Last edited by Hayden P; 02-11-2021 at 03:13 PM.
Hayden P is offline   Reply With Quote