Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 12-28-2020, 11:20 PM   #1
Levithan6785

Drives: 2016 V6 Camaro 2LT
Looking to get Started on doing some performance mods

I have owned a manual 2016 RS Camaro for the past year and have been thinking about getting some performance upgrades of some kind for the car. I'm new car modding, which is why I'm asking here for advice and recommendations. With that, I have a couple of goals I'd like. Starred (*) items are big ticket for me.

*Increase responsiveness on the throttle (Feels 'laggy' compared to my old 07 miata)
End Goal. Target HP of 360-400
Avoiding turbo (Don't want added throttle lag)
Avoiding Supercharger (For the time being, seems they cost a lot in just parts. Let alone professional install)
Exhaust Upgrade (Something with respectable non obnoxiously loud sound + weight reduction)
*Reliable

Additional info:
This is my primary car that I use for commuting and spirited driving. I don't take it to the strip or the track. If that changes recommendations at all.
Levithan6785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 11:24 PM   #2
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
I can personally tell you that a good ported throttle body makes a substantial difference on these cars. You looking to keep the cats on your exhaust?
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 07:33 AM   #3
Levithan6785

Quote:
I can personally tell you that a good ported throttle body makes a substantial difference on these cars. You looking to keep the cats on your exhaust?
Do you have any particular recommendations for a ported throttle body?

And I am not familiar with the all of the different parts that go into an exhaust system. So I am unsure of what a cats is.
Old 12-29-2020, 07:41 AM   #4
HCI2000SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levithan6785 View Post
Do you have any particular recommendations for a ported throttle body?

And I am not familiar with the all of the different parts that go into an exhaust system. So I am unsure of what a cats is.
Im using a Soler Performance ported throttle body. Check them out. Seems to be the best overall option for our V6.

When I say cats I'm referring to the catalitic converters that come on the vehicle. You have the primary and secondary cats. Have you tried a search on here? Personally I just changed the muffler (it's called an axle back exhaust) to a Flowmaster. It's my daily driver, and I wanted just a little more noise, but nothing crazy. If that's all you want then something like this would be your best bet
Old 12-29-2020, 10:12 AM   #5
Levithan6785

Quote:
Im using a Soler Performance ported throttle body. Check them out. Seems to be the best overall option for our V6.

When I say cats I'm referring to the catalitic converters that come on the vehicle. You have the primary and secondary cats. Have you tried a search on here? Personally I just changed the muffler (it's called an axle back exhaust) to a Flowmaster. It's my daily driver, and I wanted just a little more noise, but nothing crazy. If that's all you want then something like this would be your best bet
I'll look up the Soler throttle body. And from my minimalistic research, looks like changing the CATs can increase HP marginally. So I'm interested in seeing what my options are for that.
Old 12-29-2020, 10:32 AM   #6
HCI2000SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levithan6785 View Post
I'll look up the Soler throttle body. And from my minimalistic research, looks like changing the CATs can increase HP marginally. So I'm interested in seeing what my options are for that.
Yeah it can free up a few horsepower, but also consider your states inspection laws before doing so. Plus you'll probably get a CEL by eliminating them
Old 01-08-2021, 03:25 PM   #7
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
The MBRP exhaust options for your 6th Gen V6 Camaro will meet your weight reduction, performance and sound needs. Here is a video clip of this system on a V6 Camaro.

An exhaust alone won't get you to your end goal of 360-400 HP but will definitely play a part in it. You will need to add more modifications to your vehicle and depending on which ones you add a Custom tune could be required. Here is a link to all of the performance parts we offer for 6th Gen V6 Camaros.

-Trae

Last edited by Sales@Phastek; 01-08-2021 at 03:31 PM. Reason: add another link to the youtube video
Sales@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 08:15 PM   #8
devildogrs

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS
Read my post about 328 HP it will tell you what I did.
devildogrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:10 AM   #9
X24amd

Drives: 2017 camaro RS v6
If you wanna improve the throttle lag look at the soler performance throttle controller just got one & love it so far plus one of their ported throttle bodies pair well with them. Aside from that look at the overkill tune, exhausts, cold air intakes, second cat delete etc.
X24amd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horsepower gain, horsepower upgradesgrades, modded, performance