Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 09-22-2019, 09:18 PM   #15
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black E View Post
Would you be kind enough to share the part numbers for the CCB seals?
19207044 (same for non-CCB for that caliper like the ZL1's)
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 10:31 AM   #16
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2004 Cobra
Was the Racing Brake kit any more durable than the stock pistons, seals, and dust boots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OminouSS View Post
I had a rude awakening when I was scrambling to get tires ordered and put on the car in less than 48 hours for a prepaid track day. The previous tires were only 6 sessions and zero street miles old, so to find them corded and unusable by session 2 of day 2 was a bit of a bummer. But that wasn't the real surprise. When I finally got the tires mounted, I went to put them on the car and found burned dust seals on both front calipers. Bummer.

A quick look into replacing all the seals within the calipers through OEM means was not only crazy expensive, but I couldn't even get the parts quickly.

Since I had been bailed out of a bind by RB on the pads when I couldn't get OEM replacements in a timely manner, I gave them a call again. Low & behold they had a full rebuild kit. Not only did it come with the seals & rings, but they were a special high temp composition that should handle hard track braking better than OEM (to be seen). But the goodies didn't stop there. It also had stainless steal cups that I hope will further defend against heat.

You'd think that I paid extra for the bronze caliper to match my wheels but that was free thanks to some pretty insane heat on the track. I'll report back with a performance review after the weekends' event.