Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-05-2021, 10:39 PM   #15
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Some of you sit down to pee and it shows.

If the car is securely supported on good quality, well positioned jackstands you will be fine.

Jesus, what a bunch of sissies.
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 07:02 AM   #16
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlathim View Post
Some of you sit down to pee and it shows.

If the car is securely supported on good quality, well positioned jackstands you will be fine.

Jesus, what a bunch of sissies.
Reminds me of a story: military story so bear with me. A tough guy as yourself has a big Bowie knife and a bunch of us sitting around BS’ing. He says something to the same affect as your saying. He stabs a piece of apple and goes to take a bite and let’s just say he has half of a joker smile to this day.

Eating is simple, so how can anyone hurt themselves doing such a thing. But I think what everyone is getting at is what your middle statement says. The added verbiage only adds to your own insecurities.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 09:05 AM   #17
ElderJ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT
So, I think I'm actually with Rambo on this one. I put my 2014 LT on jack stands and put it in drive to try and find out where a rattling noise was coming from. I only needed to hit 900 RPM in Reverse for the rattle to come through loud and clear.

Anyway, no lights were thrown, no adrenaline-rushing moments, nada. We made sure the car was secure, of course, and I never even thought about the hanging suspension issue. My brother crawled under the car as I kept the RPM steady. He could hear the rattle clear as day but couldn't isolate it (neither of us are mechanics). He did notice exhaust coming out of the downstream o2 passenger side sensor, which I could give a falling fig about, to be honest.

Long story short: My brother and I did it, and we lived to tell the story. Very uneventful.
ElderJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:24 AM   #18
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinman View Post
Ever watch Ferris Buellers Day Off???
Big difference between 1 single bumper jack (along with kicking the car) and 4 good jack stands (carefully).
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 02:30 PM   #19
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
You guys are funny.... don’t be a dumbass and you’ll likely live to tell the tale.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 12:11 AM   #20
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ View Post
Reminds me of a story: military story so bear with me. A tough guy as yourself has a big Bowie knife and a bunch of us sitting around BS’ing. He says something to the same affect as your saying. He stabs a piece of apple and goes to take a bite and let’s just say he has half of a joker smile to this day.

Eating is simple, so how can anyone hurt themselves doing such a thing. But I think what everyone is getting at is what your middle statement says. The added verbiage only adds to your own insecurities.
Neat story. Not sure how it applies to this situation but I'm guessing your Army buddy with the knife caught you sitting down to pee, told everyone else in the platoon about it and you are still upset with him over it. Then I came along and triggered the shameful feeling all over again. How's that for "added verbage" Mr. Storyteller?
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA

Last edited by zlathim; 01-07-2021 at 01:38 AM.
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 03:19 AM   #21
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlathim View Post
Neat story. Not sure how it applies to this situation but I'm guessing your Army buddy with the knife caught you sitting down to pee, told everyone else in the platoon about it and you are still upset with him over it. Then I came along and triggered the shameful feeling all over again. How's that for "added verbage" Mr. Storyteller?
I like it.
As far as the op, it can be done. Just be smart about it.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 09:21 AM   #22
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 09:32 AM   #23
11-Camaro

Drives: 11 Camaro SS, Ninja 1000, Santa Fe
11 Camaro TT SS. 14 1LE motor, full coilover, CNC ported LSA heads, stainless valves, dual springs, Comp 224 cam, Melling oil pump, AGP Garrett GTX30r's, 1400cc injectors, full 3" Magnaflow, dual Walbro 450lph fuel pump, ZL1 6L90 trans, trans cooler, Circle-D 3600, 3.91:1 Eaton Truetrac, line lock, Lingenfelter 2 step. Current boost - e85 814 RWHP.
11-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 11:56 AM   #24
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
You can't fix stupid or explain it, it must be experienced.
In my mispent youth I remember using carb cleaner to look for a vac leak.
Hint, blowing on it does not put it out.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.

Last edited by xstuntman; 01-07-2021 at 01:58 PM.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 03:46 PM   #25
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
Send it!