Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-25-2020, 02:44 AM   #15
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFast View Post
They're in short supply around me. I'd think any Covid-related supply disruptions are over and they're either making fewer or selling more. <shrug>

IMO making fewer because I'm certainly not seeing dealers carry much of the SS or ZL1 models and not seeing many new ones on the road and I live in FL.

I see a lot more c5 Camaro SS than I do the C6, a lot more which is shocking because I think the c6 is a much much better car.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 08:34 AM   #16
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
The Camaro sales will continue to do badly until whoever TF is running GM figures out an aggressive in your face performance ad campaign is needed just like Dodge did after the Challenger retro first came back and were not selling. Dodge figured it out in about 2 years how to fix it. The playbook has already been written for them, GM leaders to stupid to open and read the book.

Last edited by MackSteelPrivateEye; 12-25-2020 at 08:51 AM. Reason: k
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 08:36 AM   #17
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
10 year old model? Yeah, that will end well.
Why not, works well for Dodge. The difference between Dodge and Chevy is creativity. And the Chevy Platform is damn near perfect as it sits now. Nothing in its class can touch it. Like I said its a great car...Chevy needs to learn how to sell it.

Last edited by MackSteelPrivateEye; 12-25-2020 at 08:40 AM. Reason: v
Old 12-25-2020, 08:39 AM   #18
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Why not, works well for Dodge. The difference between Dodge and Chevy is creativity. Sad.
Dodge builds hype, has some amazing marketing teams, and a solid price.

Plus they really have the muscle car feel down. It’s very retro cool, just not nearly as sporty as the Camaro.
Old 12-25-2020, 08:54 AM   #19
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
The Camaro sales will continue to badly until whoever TF is running GM figures out an aggressive in your face performance ad campaign is needed just like Dodge did after the Challenger retro first came back and were not selling. Dodge figured it out in about 2 years how to fix it. The playbook has already been written for them, GM leaders to stupid to open and read the book.
GM doesn’t seem concerned if the Camaro dies since it’s not a money maker for them. The emphasis is SUVs and trucks now and EVs. Just wait and see when gasoline starts going back up in cost that people will be getting rid of their SUVs and trucks because they can’t afford to run them just like before. Seems like history repeats itself and this time is no exception as the new administration is focusing on electric and energy renewables. Gasoline will probably go up to $4.00 a gallon or more and of course people will start complaining but it will be for nothing. GM has already committed to producing more hybrid and EV by 2035 anyway so the big gasoline 6.2 liter V8s will die and probably all the other gasoline engines currently in production.
Old 12-25-2020, 09:28 AM   #20
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
GM doesn’t seem concerned if the Camaro dies since it’s not a money maker for them. The emphasis is SUVs and trucks now and EVs. Just wait and see when gasoline starts going back up in cost that people will be getting rid of their SUVs and trucks because they can’t afford to run them just like before. Seems like history repeats itself and this time is no exception as the new administration is focusing on electric and energy renewables. Gasoline will probably go up to $4.00 a gallon or more and of course people will start complaining but it will be for nothing. GM has already committed to producing more hybrid and EV by 2035 anyway so the big gasoline 6.2 liter V8s will die and probably all the other gasoline engines currently in production.
GM will only have one vehicle that is hybrid in the US. And it won’t be for the purpose of fuel economy. Between now and 2030, we are forecasting the Small Block V8 to be GM’s highest volume engine platform, because Silverado, Sierra, Tahoe, Yukon, Suburban, Escalade.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 09:44 AM   #21
LT4Greg

Well if that’s the case Martinjim, GM will have to develop a smaller displacement V8 due to gas mileage ratings as compared to the 6.2 liter. I can guarantee if gasoline goes up in price as it is predicted to, then people will be looking at 4 and 6 cylinder engines over V8s because of the cost of fuel. It’s happened before and can surely happen again.
Old 12-25-2020, 11:43 AM   #22
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
If a few heads would roll, the Camaro could see a glorious end in '26. Put a 5.5 tt in there and an LT5.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 11:55 AM   #23
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Well if that’s the case Martinjim, GM will have to develop a smaller displacement V8 due to gas mileage ratings as compared to the 6.2 liter. I can guarantee if gasoline goes up in price as it is predicted to, then people will be looking at 4 and 6 cylinder engines over V8s because of the cost of fuel. It’s happened before and can surely happen again.
Only if the Truck Fleet CAFE Regulations get significantly tougher. Right now the regulations are locked in through 2026. GM already has Dynamic Fuel Management on those engines. Cylinder deactivation system that can theoretically have the engine operating on any number of cylinders from 1 to 8 for short periods of time. Each cylinder makes a “fire / don’t fire” decision on every engine cycle. It already delivers better fuel economy than Ford’s 3.5TT in similar applications.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 12-25-2020, 12:08 PM   #24
LT4Greg

Well under this new incoming administration and president the CAFE standards will be raised according to and from what politicians have said during all the campaigning going on for the past year.
Old 12-25-2020, 12:15 PM   #25
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Well under this new incoming administration and president the CAFE standards will be raised according to and from what politicians have said during all the campaigning going on for the past year.
There won't be a new incoming admin.
Old 12-25-2020, 12:29 PM   #26
bscott07

Drives: 89/99 Silverado’s / future Ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
10 year old model? Yeah, that will end well.
I don’t really follow the old platform/outdated idea like this very much. Why do people really care if it’s an older platform, so long as it’s a good one? I like the benefit of the same platform used 10 years for the parts and builds down the road.
bscott07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2020, 12:46 PM   #27
LT4Greg

Yeah bscott, doesn’t bother me that the 6gen Camaro might last 10 years either. Look at the Dogde Charger and Challengers how they have been around for at least 12 years and still selling in numbers.
Old 12-25-2020, 01:13 PM   #28
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
But they can’t make any change to the CAFE rules that would be effective before 2026.