Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 12-23-2020, 11:38 PM   #85
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
I don’t get the question.... Mustang = better site lines, owner recognition, better sounding exhaust. Outside of that, the Camaro = better low end torque, better manual and automatic transmission (programming for auto), better handling, steering feel, ergonomics may be tight, but more engaging.

Someone said that the stang needed to be at a 5k to sing... 4250 or so and it starts to sing. Regardless, newer stangs are heavy weights, my 2012 base M6 stang with a tune and a few other upgrades destroys most newer M6 stangs. Stangs scare me over 110 mph ( floaty even with mods) where as the Camaro is just cruising.
What is owner recognition?

Do you mean people will recognize you instantly as you crash into the crowd?

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 11:47 PM   #86
Camaro_QC

Drives: 08 Tiburon GS, 2018 Camaro 2.0T
I buy my car mostly based on the look of it (hence why I have the I4 some may say...)

I just didn't like the overall look of the Mustang. Yes it is a good looking car, but not enough in my taste to spend the 32k$ for it.

The 5th gen outside design was a home run for me. But I didn't like the interior (and I was too young to buy it).

When I saw the 6th gen, I knew I wanted one.
1100 - 5/08/2018 | 3800 - 6/18/2018
2000 - 5/09/2018 | 4200 - 6/21/2018
3000 - 5/28/2018 | 5000 - 6/27/2018
6000 - 6/29/2018
Camaro_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 12:07 AM   #87
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
My dad had Corvettes and Chevelles

My sister loves pony and horse anything

Someone from another highschool killed themself in a Shelby accident on some curvy backroads. I also knew someone named Shelby who was a donkey.

I think girls look better driving mustangs (except 350s and 500s)

Fast Forward 10 years:
Camaro utilizes Corvette and Cadillac parts
Camaro has a digital gauge cluster (every car should have this)
Camaro has 24-color interior lighting
Camaro has color heads up display (every car should have this)
Camaro has heated/cooled seats
Camaro has heated steering wheel
Camaro has Bose Audio
Camaro has better colors (e.g. Hyper Blue)
Camaro has magnetic ride control (Mustang followed)
Camaro is a Hotwheels/Transformers car

Camaros are more rare to see

Mustang is also a Cobra and a Mach-e which is confusing

Mods:
XPEL - Hood, Bumper, Headlights, & Side Mirrors
JWM - Side Markers
ZL1 Addons - Deluxe Rock Guards & Red Lift Pads
GM - Dark Tail Lamps
MRR - Gloss Black M017s
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 12:27 AM   #88
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
What is owner recognition?

Do you mean people will recognize you instantly as you crash into the crowd?
It means more people know the Ford Mustang.. nothing more than that. But you do have a point, the more mustangs, the more screeching, swerving, crashing videos you’ll find on YT.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 01:55 AM   #89
Scargoes

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 2SS 1LE
Research is why I bought a Camaro over a Mustang or Challenger. I had a very specific goals when looking for a new car. Spent a year researching and renting various versions of each car. The Camaro hit all the boxes and was the cheapest to boot. A Shelby was out as I didn't want to spend that much money, the PP2 was talked about but not released yet, and the Mopars just didn't fit with the intended goals. I personally think the Mustang looks better but I didn't like the way I sat in it nor how the suspension behaved on rougher roads. So I ended up with the Camaro.

1:34.20 Willow Springs Big Track
Scargoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 02:07 AM   #90
IceGoaliePaul

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT
What I like about mustangs is their overall exterior styling. The body lines have more curves and the front and rear faces aren't as flat. The slightly humped roof looks good from the side. The trippling of the tail lighes and DRLs in the headlights look real good. They stand out a little more where as camaro looks slightly more like regular car to non-car people.

The interior is completely the opposite. The interior of a mustand feels bland and boring. I absolutely hate the cheap plastic chromed toggle switches. The inlay materials on the higher trims look cheap, fake, and flat. The infotainment center looks like it could be quite happy in any econobox. The door trim is thin and flexes when you push it. Even some of the exterior plastics have issues when you look up close. Open the trunk and see where the plastic bumper just ends in a rough edge of molding sprues with no effort to hide it. There is very little I dislike about the Camaros interior. I love simplicity of the HVAC controls especially the clean piano black buttons which they even put little chrome details between a few of them. The guage cluster could be improved slightly it might be the one thing where mustang might be better but I've not got the experience driving one long enough to know for sure.

Performance wise I can't say as I've only ever test driven a musrang once.

I definately have no regrets on my Camaro. I'm still happy every time I look at it and even more so while driving.
IceGoaliePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 02:22 AM   #91
Nightfall ss1le

Drives: 2020 A10 ZL1 1LE
I’ve owned a Mustang GT, a WS6 Trans Am, a couple Mopars, a Vette & several Camaro’s so I’m not super biased & buy whatever suits my needs/wants at the time. My only requirement for fun cars was that it was American made & V8 powered. That said, I considered a new Mustang GT or Scat Pack before I settled on the SS 1LE I had before my ZLE. I didn’t drive a new Mustang before I bought the Camaro, but have driven a buddies PP1 since then & IMO, the biggest differences were having low end power vs top end power & having a race car feel vs a touring car feel.

In the end it really depends on what you want & expect to get out of your vehicle. If you enjoy highway pulls & having a touring car feel then get the Mustang. If you enjoy low end torque & having legitimate sports car handling then go with the Camaro. Nothing wrong with either one & they're both fun, just in different ways. If you do end up getting a Camaro, do yourself a favor & try a road course at least once... you can thank me later. Lol

2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE - 2" TSP catless headers, Pray Ported stock IM/TB, Rotofab dry, DSX FF kit, dyno tuned by Pray. SOLD
Nightfall ss1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 02:26 AM   #92
funked1

Drives: '23 Hyundai Kona N, '24 VW GTI
I tried to drive a Mustang GT with the PP2 and manual and couldn't find one and the dealer didn't seem to want to let me drive the GT they did have. I went to the Chevy dealer and they had an SS 1LE and had me out driving in 5 minutes. I loved the car and that was the end of it.

I wanted the Mustang originally because I liked the styling better and I heard the interior visibility was better. After seeing the 1LE up close I decided it looked awesome. And the interior visibility was a non issue with the mirrors set up correctly. So my reasons for getting a Mustang kind of evaporated.

Anyways I'm sure I would have enjoyed the Mustang too, but I'm really happy with the Camaro.
funked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 03:15 AM   #93
shogun37

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
for normal driving the car honestly doesn't need much more than about 1500 rpm. he tells me to drive it like a sports car, which i do often, but doing so results in
yikes! My tach never goes below 2000 RPM (more like 2300 really) unless I'm rolling to a stop. I drive my Coyote3 at north of 2500RPM likewise. (yes, I own both '19 GT/PP1 with chassis+suspension fixes, and '19 SS/1LE w/ Unleashed Tuning). Both cars have 93octane tunes on them within 4 months of ownership and it really wakes up the Camaro powerplant and it revs cleaner than factory.

Last edited by shogun37; 12-24-2020 at 03:32 AM.
shogun37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 07:29 AM   #94
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones14 View Post
The thread is asking why you didn't but a Mustang, not a BMW. Nonetheless, this post caught my eye, because I am in the opposite position - I'm seriously thinking about trading my 2SS 1LE for an M2 Competition. I love driving the 1LE and have a big grin on my face every time I punch the throttle. Love the sound of the NPP, and love that it's adjustable. Love the HUD. Love the steering feel and quickness, and the tight responsive handling.

What I don't like is the horrible ergonomics, visibility, practicality/storage, and the huge size of the car.

The M2 Competition is smaller and lighter and makes similar power with a flatter torque curve. The interior quality is just better as are the ergonomics, and the car is more refined overall.

Sorry to hijack the thread - it's a good one.
I know it is and I answered that question in a previous post. This post was in response to someone else's post. But, I'm sure you can see that if you're reading them in order.

Last edited by SirJangle; 12-24-2020 at 08:15 AM.
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 08:06 AM   #95
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
This is my 4th Camaro going all the way back to 70'. This is the best car I have ever owned. The car does everything, from touring, racing and cruising. I will never sell this one, especially at 72.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 08:08 AM   #96
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
As an old Mustang guy going back to high school I wanted a GT350 so bad when they first came out. Dealers were asking 10K over and more which I refused to pay. Then I read Randy Pobst track review of the 1LE. Test drove the 1LE and bought it. Saved $20K and it runs as fast or faster then the 350 on track days, especially when they are parked with problems which seems to happen a lot.
Old 12-24-2020, 08:49 AM   #97
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
PSA

If you haven’t gone to the link in OP, you should.

There’s an avatar in there that is worth the time.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 09:08 AM   #98
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
If you haven’t gone to the link in OP, you should.

There’s an avatar in there that is worth the time.
AKA the full bolt on body kit.
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote