Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-26-2020, 03:21 PM   #15
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
When I went through this, I discovered that more expensive brands like Cadillac and BMW take care of their customers better. It's like, "Oh its just a Chevy" to them.
Sad but true. My wife drives a 2019 Infiniti QX50. It had a lot of moisture built-up in the right, rear taillight (all LED so you know it's expensive to replace). I waited 2 months before calling the dealership because I was expecting them to say it's normal and will dissipate and wanted to be able to say no, it's been 2 months now and it's getting worse. To my surprise, when I called them the Service Manager informed me he didn't even need to see it and ordered me a new one. When it came-in, he called and set-up a Saturday appointment to install it. While they were installing it, they noticed that the left tailgate shock was making noise and they replaced that too (he told me it was $1200 as it's a power liftgate). And, I was only there around 55 minutes. Now, that's service. I've driven an Infiniti Q60 and a Lexus RC350 F-Sport too. Same thing, treated like a VIP. The ONLY reason I'm driving a Chevy again is that I wanted that American muscle machine, the Camaro SS as I love the power and the looks. For a DD type vehicle... NO WAY!
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 03:48 PM   #16
CoeusAscended

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
You’d figure they would just send out a recall on effected build dates & eat it up front rather than replacing an entire engine, rental fees, paying payments, etc & having pissed off customers.
Thats what we hoped for with the A8 shudder issue too but nope, GM decided they rather hope a customer won't come in with the problem and in the end be better off themselves financially by not issuing a recall. I love this car but not a fan of the management that runs GM at all.
Old 10-26-2020, 06:31 PM   #17
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Ouch! Mine is at 140 miles. Now i am gonna worry. Been running fine as wine and goose it here and there. It is so hard to keep it at 4k RPM's or lower. Feels darn strong so far. Mine was built in Sept.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 07:30 PM   #18
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Drives: 2020 red hot 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLT1 View Post
Ouch! Mine is at 140 miles. Now i am gonna worry. Been running fine as wine and goose it here and there. It is so hard to keep it at 4k RPM's or lower. Feels darn strong so far. Mine was built in Sept.
Many of us have cars built in the months covered by the TSB. Not much you can do but drive it and not worry about it. I’m not going to worry about it. If it happens it happens. Sucks for the op and I hope they get it all squared away and then it’s smooth sailing hopefully.
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 07:52 PM   #19
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
What gets me is it has to be cheaper for GM to simply pay the parts and labor to replace the valve springs on all the engines built in the time frame BEFORE the engines grenade, then to have to start shelling out brand new engines AMD paying dealers the labor to do everything AFTER a spring breaks and kills the entire motor.

Send out letters advising owners to stop driving their cars, that GM will cover a tow to the dealer and full replacement of all the valve springs.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 09:26 PM   #20
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
What gets me is it has to be cheaper for GM to simply pay the parts and labor to replace the valve springs on all the engines built in the time frame BEFORE the engines grenade, then to have to start shelling out brand new engines AMD paying dealers the labor to do everything AFTER a spring breaks and kills the entire motor.

Send out letters advising owners to stop driving their cars, that GM will cover a tow to the dealer and full replacement of all the valve springs.

I bet GM is insured for these type of problems.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 10:03 PM   #21
Bob RS

Drives: 2019 Camaro RS 1LT
There's a Chevrolet dealership in Ohio that was just getting ready to deliver a brand new C8 Corvette after the technician finished the pdi on the vehicle the C8 started to throw codes. Yes, brand new under 10 miles on it broken valve spring.The customer saw his new C8 motor apart and according to what GM is saying they are fixing the motor and not replacing.
Bob RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 12:51 AM   #22
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob RS View Post
There's a Chevrolet dealership in Ohio that was just getting ready to deliver a brand new C8 Corvette after the technician finished the pdi on the vehicle the C8 started to throw codes. Yes, brand new under 10 miles on it broken valve spring.The customer saw his new C8 motor apart and according to what GM is saying they are fixing the motor and not replacing.
I’d look at that Manager & flat out say, I don’t think so, Tim.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 01:17 AM   #23
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob RS View Post
I’d demand my money back or another car. Refuse to sign for it if he hasn’t yet.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 04:53 AM   #24
Aaron07

Drives: 2017 2SS F1FTY
What’s the difference really. Fixed or replaced you still have a motor that works correctly and under warranty, with no guarantee it won’t break again. Idk
Aaron07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 05:41 AM   #25
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Cadillac takes care of it's customers the best. My dealer will pick up the car for service, leave me a loaner if more than a day and bring it back to me washed and cleaned inside. Not a single hassle on anything.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 05:58 AM   #26
CHASLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomcustom View Post
Many of us have cars built in the months covered by the TSB. Not much you can do but drive it and not worry about it. I’m not going to worry about it. If it happens it happens. Sucks for the op and I hope they get it all squared away and then it’s smooth sailing hopefully.
I always worry GM will try to put me on the hook for the cost to replace. Never knew there was a TSB on this.
Old 10-27-2020, 06:00 AM   #27
CHASLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post

Comps don't think smart. Look at the A8 nitemare and rear end warble on the C7 for starters. I already went thru enough to lemon law a new 2019 C7. It really would be a bummer if someone put $1000's on mods and then have this happen.
Old 10-27-2020, 07:08 AM   #28
Thill444

Drives: 2020 SS1LE Shadow Gray Metallic
OP, when was your car produced? A C8 produced in October just had a similar issue and it was also outside the valve spring recall date. It seems like the valve spring issue may be bigger than GM first believed.
Thill444 is offline   Reply With Quote