Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 12-24-2020, 04:03 PM   #127
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
Ok, since we’re bashing Ford. As a kids, I started developing a phobia if steep grades, due to the fact that all of my dads fords overheated going up hill. We’d have to pull off the side of the road and let them cool off. It sucked.
I’m not really bashing Ford, our company spent $150K for our work trucks in the last couple years.

All the manufacturers have issues over their range of vehicles. Hell GM’s oil pump issue & A8 fluid debacle come to mind. & GM locking out owners of the TCM in ‘20+ has really turned me off of their brand.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 04:14 PM   #128
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
I’m not really bashing Ford, our company spent $150K for our work trucks in the last couple years.

All the manufacturers have issues over their range of vehicles. Hell GM’s oil pump issue & A8 fluid debacle come to mind. & GM locking out owners of the TCM in ‘20+ has really turned me off of their brand.
So GM wanting to make sure that people didn't go into their computer and **** up their transmission turned you off? I completely understand that, I wouldn't want people screwing around with it either if I were GM. Plenty of 4th, 5th and early 6th Gens to mod the hell out of.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 04:22 PM   #129
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
So GM wanting to make sure that people didn't go into their computer and **** up their transmission turned you off? I completely understand that, I wouldn't want people screwing around with it either if I were GM. Plenty of 4th, 5th and early 6th Gens to mod the hell out of.

If the end user screws something up it’s on that end user anyway, no warranty for you. I get that.

The reality is, however, I bought that car and anything I want to do to it is my purogative because it’s my money that bought my car. It’s not perpetually their car & I just get to pay for it.

Plus GM signed into an agreement with the aftermarket industry to supply support for tuning decades ago. They are now reneging on that commitment. That shows they are untrustworthy.
Old 12-24-2020, 04:26 PM   #130
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Has to be a fix to unlock it one day.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 04:30 PM   #131
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Ehh, I completely understand GM not wanting people screwing with their tuning, someone will unlock it eventually though and this conversation will be moot at that time anyway.

With that being said I bought a 16 simply because it was the easiest, and cheapest, to tune. Lol

Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 04:51 PM   #132
shogun37

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerlazer26 View Post
Ive seen a handful of Ford haters on this thread but damn those mustang guys are ruthless about the Camaro
small penis syndrome I think. Or every Mustang purchase comes with a vaccine against reasoned and rational discourse vis-a-vis competitors. The Kool-Aid is strong with them and 10x for the Shelby name-plate worshipers.
shogun37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 04:54 PM   #133
shogun37

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
That means you are doing at least 90 mph on the highway all the time..
No, I just use 4th or 5th gear. I'll use 6th only >75mph on an open interstate.
I have 1LE so 3.73 gears so that might throw off your MPH assumptions.
shogun37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 05:05 PM   #134
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLT1 View Post
Has to be a fix to unlock it one day.
That’s not how it works. They can claim proprietary information on their coding & sue anyone who releases it. This is going back to the 80’s era. That’s what led to the big 3 & other manufacturers supplying code at a pay to play basis. That’s why you have to buy credits from companies like HP Tuners. Money from those credits get paid back to GM, or a portion there of, so their source code gets paid for.

HPT has already stated they aren’t going to even try to crack it. Why should they & open themselves up to liability lawsuits for copyright infringement?
Old 12-24-2020, 05:46 PM   #135
Staves

Drives: women crazy
I had a '19 GT. Got rid of it simply b/c the 2nd gear grind annoyed me. Probably an overreaction but I got it so cheap, barely lost any $. Ended up with a Camaro SS A10. I personally like the Camaro better b/c to me, the seats are vastly superior and the car sits lower and feels sportier, handles better. But if not for that 2nd gear grind, I would have kept the GT and been very happy with it. I really like both cars.
Old 12-24-2020, 06:19 PM   #136
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
I was on the fence on a GT or 2SS, I stopped by a local Ford dealer and kicked some tires in the lot and then browsed the showroom eventually sitting on a bench for about fifteen minutes before I left, no one even acknowledged me. Stopped by the GM dealer and they were engaging and great, I ended up with a 2SS 1LE for what a 2SS costs and couldn't be happier. Anyway you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Mustang around here, Camaro's are kind of rare, 1LE's even more so.
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 06:38 PM   #137
Dmundz

Drives: 2010 Cyber Gray 2SS/RS
Bought the camaro because i like the style/look more. I think both are great cars though.
Dmundz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 06:44 PM   #138
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Where GM made a huge blunder was not offering real performance parts like Ford’s SVO program. SVO offers supercharger kits, suspension upgrades, exhaust and other parts that can be installed on the Mustang that don’t void the car warranty. Chevy Performance could offer a LT4 supercharger kit to bolt on to the LT1s with a tune/calibration that wouldn’t void the drivetrain warranty and some other parts. Most of all the parts offered by Chevy are for off-road usage except for a few parts like shifters, splitters/body parts and wheels. They have though offered more it seems than the parts for the 5th gens.
Old 12-24-2020, 07:20 PM   #139
Byter

Drives: Black 2018 1SS - M6, NPP
I know there's a lot of different factors and variables in choosing one over the other, but in the end 6.2 > 5.0.
Byter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 08:02 PM   #140
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post

All good—wasn’t calling anyone out.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote