Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Phastek Performance

Old 05-25-2017, 11:56 AM   #113
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTony View Post
that gap is not too bad. This is a better method than the aftermarket installs that require you to drill and add rivets to the car.

The black does not look too bad unpainted
If you are referring to mine the black is painted! It's painted satin black to match the other black accents on the 1LE, and they match perfectly!
Old 05-25-2017, 11:59 AM   #114
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Looks almost perfect. Is it possible to pull the fender out ?
Wouldn't be able to tell without pulling the entire fender off. The way I did it really isn't bad, yes I used a zip tie to pull the skirt inwards to get rid of the gap but I also re-drilled a hole for the pin in the fender well and replaced that so the zip tie isn't the only thing holding it in place. I'm 100% confident that it will stay in place with no issues.
Old 05-25-2017, 12:36 PM   #115
Summit1le1ss

Drives: 2017 1ss1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
Wouldn't be able to tell without pulling the entire fender off. The way I did it really isn't bad, yes I used a zip tie to pull the skirt inwards to get rid of the gap but I also re-drilled a hole for the pin in the fender well and replaced that so the zip tie isn't the only thing holding it in place. I'm 100% confident that it will stay in place with no issues.

Looks awesome. I'm still on the fence about order the OE ones. When I get home in two weeks I'm going to remove mine and see if possible to add a spacer behind the front fender Bolt. I don't see having to remove the entire fender, but I could be wrong. Plus have to finish the seats.. Busy, busy.
Summit1le1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:50 PM   #116
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit1le1ss View Post
Looks awesome. I'm still on the fence about order the OE ones. When I get home in two weeks I'm going to remove mine and see if possible to add a spacer behind the front fender Bolt. I don't see having to remove the entire fender, but I could be wrong. Plus have to finish the seats.. Busy, busy.
Contact Gen5DIY and see if they are still working on a "kit" for it. They mentioned it in one of these threads around here somewhere.
Old 05-25-2017, 02:04 PM   #117
chrest

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
i haven't seen this thread for a while. Id love to hear about gen5diy fender solution.

I am almost about to buy the ACS zl1 rockers but id prefer OEM where possible.
603hp/547tq
chrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:08 PM   #118
SSTony

Drives: SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to SSTony
yea I love the black on the blue but I am not sure if I would paint it to match my car. I do love my matte black rims and this would match it perfect.

Quote:
If you are referring to mine the black is painted! It's painted satin black to match the other black accents on the 1LE, and they match perfectly!
Old 05-25-2017, 07:05 PM   #119
Mr Bill

Drives: Camaro 1LE 2017
Looks good !
Mr Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 08:10 PM   #120
burnningice

Drives: 2016 SS Mosaic Black
I ordered my new rockers today. My car is mosaic black so I'm just going to paint the whole thing body color. Not sure that it would be worth it to paint the lower plain black. Kinda thought about spraying them satin grey like carbon fiber color. What do you guys think?
burnningice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:22 PM   #121
Jdelgado92

Drives: '16 Red hot M6
Quote:
Finally got mine done!!! Not the best pics but I just took these really quick with my phone yesterday.
that looks sharp bro!! welcome to the oem club
Old 05-25-2017, 11:01 PM   #122
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnningice View Post
I ordered my new rockers today. My car is mosaic black so I'm just going to paint the whole thing body color. Not sure that it would be worth it to paint the lower plain black. Kinda thought about spraying them satin grey like carbon fiber color. What do you guys think?
You will love them just painted mosaic black! I saw mine after the body shop painted them blue but before they did the lower part in black and they looked KILLER in all hyper blue! If my car wasn't a 1LE i would have left them all blue, trust me you will love them either way!
Old 05-25-2017, 11:18 PM   #123
burnningice

I was just looking at the GM accessory options. I had an idea for that gap. Would the front molded splash guards (mud flaps) cover up enough? They are pretty wide at the bottom.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:55 AM   #124
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnningice View Post
I was just looking at the GM accessory options. I had an idea for that gap. Would the front molded splash guards (mud flaps) cover up enough? They are pretty wide at the bottom.
The mud guards/rock guards that chevy offers will not work with these, they are only for cars without any kind of ground effects unfortunately. I have the ZL1addons rock gurads and they made it hard to see the gap when I first mocked them up, but I still used some zip ties to pull the piece in.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:18 AM   #125
MikeR

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible European Vers.
What kind of material is the rocker ? Isnīt it possible to heat it up and bend it in ? Iīm an optometrist and we do that with frames but it depends on the material so I donīt know if itīs possible...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:07 PM   #126
burnningice

How do you pull these off? Where did you start? Did you release the vertcal clips first or the horazontial ones first? Did the new rockers come with new clips or can you use your old ones or buy new ones?