Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-22-2018, 02:19 PM   #15
JK001

Drives: ZHP, Alfa 4C, RAM, X5, 17SS1LE-sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
It's funny that this thread has come up..

The design for the 7th Gen Camaro is almost certainly locked in at this point. Right now they're just riding out the end of the 6th Gen.
100% agree!
JK001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 03:36 PM   #16
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiam View Post
Some tweeks to this could work
Attachment 942281
i like it...what is it?
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:04 PM   #17
Navigator

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
I'm sorry but that design would have looked dated in 1995, let alone 2018.
Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:34 PM   #18
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
not digging it at all. Front looks a lot like an acura tsx.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:14 PM   #19
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Hybrid powertrain will more then likely be in the 7th gen camaro, to Doc think it will need more refinement in the rear, car looks like a dodge challenger in the quarter panels, but other then that its a nice starting point.
These are for you Ofer. I did some work on the rear of the car. Recessed the upper back panel, and recessed the tail lights. Looks better this way.

Name:  Camaro 7 Rev 1-a.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  54.6 KB
Name:  Camaro 7 Rev 1-b.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  52.6 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
I'm sorry but that design would have looked dated in 1995, let alone 2018.
As I stated in my original post, there are some heritage cues in my concept, one of which can be seen in these shots of the 95 Camaro, but the overall look isn't really at all like what was being done in 95. Note the long front and rear overhang of the 95 body style.

Name:  1995 Camaro.jpeg
Views: 828
Size:  324.5 KB
Name:  Camaro 7 Rev1-d.jpg
Views: 789
Size:  36.3 KB

Name:  1995 Camaro 2.jpeg
Views: 811
Size:  66.5 KB
Name:  Camaro 7 Rev1-e.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  34.0 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
not digging it at all. Front looks a lot like an acura tsx.
Well kinda sorta maybe if you squint your eyes. The only style element that really looks somewhat similar is the main front grill opening. I don't think anyone would mistake my concept (if it were real) for an Acura Tsx.

Name:  2014 Acura Tsx.jpeg
Views: 739
Size:  48.0 KB
Name:  Camaro 7 Rev1-c.png
Views: 843
Size:  382.6 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 04:01 AM   #20
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
i like it...what is it?
someone's rendering of a Chevelle concept. I like it and I wish they had made the Buick Avista.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 05:41 AM   #21
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
I don’t want to be abusively but this design is not good. The fender and quarter panel are not defined the grill is way too small there is no aerodynamic design at all. The side view reminds me about a bathtub. The back is not sexy at all, no muscles no curves nothing. I don’t see any aggressiveness. The car looks boring.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 11:07 AM   #22
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soleil View Post
I don’t want to be abusively but this design is not good. The fender and quarter panel are not defined the grill is way too small there is no aerodynamic design at all. The side view reminds me about a bathtub. The back is not sexy at all, no muscles no curves nothing. I don’t see any aggressiveness. The car looks boring.
You gave an honest opinion about how it's looks affected you; nothing abusive about it. Keep in mind my original intent; a V6 pony car, not an aggressive track car. It wasn't meant to be aggressive, it was meant to be a sleek, clean, minimalist design more along the lines of the original pony car Camaro, rather than the current trendy styles. It's actually much more aerodynamic than you might realize; much more like a bullet.

Name:  1967 Camaro.jpeg
Views: 876
Size:  443.6 KB
Name:  Camaro 7 Rev1-f.png
Views: 871
Size:  518.4 KB

I could put a simple body line at the lower side to break up the overall look without compromising the original mission:

Name:  Camaro 7 Rev2-a.png
Views: 866
Size:  495.3 KB

This wasn't meant to replace the current model(s); it was meant to create a new entry-level pony car, which would most likely not appeal to a forum of enthusiasts. The people it would be aimed at don't go to forums really, so I thought a forum group would be the only ones likely to give feedback. Thank you for yours by the way.

What do you consider "aerodynamic" and "aggressive"? Do you have an example or two of something that represents those looks to you? Something that isn't as you said "boring"?

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 11:14 AM   #23
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
Why would you want to reflect on the 93 - 02 body styles? This run lasted far too long and led to the death of Camaro until its return in 2010, which reflected on the 67 - 69's.
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 12:52 PM   #24
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Okay, perhaps I should have clarified the intent of this model. It does not eliminate the lettered cars; it adds a base model. The lettered cars can be whatever they've already designed which can be the expensive track-oriented, high performance cars. Those models are already out of range for the average buyer, and will only be going up in price. (Keep in mind that the price consideration has to include insurance).

It was just a thought; an idea to hopefully get some dialog going about what a Camaro should be. Doesn't seem to have sparked much of a conversation though... oh well.

Thank you to those who did reply; even the jokers who ignored the request to keep the comments constructive.
I don't get the purpose of a base model that would carry the Camaro name but none of the performance or tech goodies from upper level cars . It would just be a shadow of the Camaro missing out on the true experience. In the 7th Gen i would like to see a hatchback ,475HP V6 twin turbo with AWD about 400lbs less the my 1LE ,at that point i'm all in ,unless it looks retro , but it won't .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 02:13 PM   #25
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
I don't get the purpose of a base model that would carry the Camaro name but none of the performance or tech goodies from upper level cars . It would just be a shadow of the Camaro missing out on the true experience. In the 7th Gen i would like to see a hatchback ,475HP V6 twin turbo with AWD about 400lbs less the my 1LE ,at that point i'm all in ,unless it looks retro , but it won't .
There is little or no market for a base model, especially a Camaro with the direction the auto mrkt is going. Ford is dropping all cars except for Mustang and some kind of Focus crossover. The world is SUV & Pickup crazy. If they can get mpg in SUVs comparable to smaller cars not even high gas prices will change this. If Camaro lives, it will be a niche vehicle, like Corvette,
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 05:59 PM   #26
mdhopt36

Drives: '17- 1ag37 V6 traded, for 1SS 2018!
In post 22, I liked the pic of the late 60's model, and easily see the similarities.
I would square off the front a bit more, enlarge to adequate grill area, and also put a vent in for the front brake rotors to have adequate cooling/no fade.
The added height of the cabin I would highly appreciate, for I'm a bit on the tall/big side; and would also help in visibility.
My 2 milligrams worth, not criticizing.
mdhopt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 07:24 PM   #27
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
I still say this is what they should go for....
Attached Images

classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:11 PM   #28
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
I’m with Classicrckr , that concept always looked like a great version of a 3rd gen while being modern
z28pat is offline   Reply With Quote