Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-16-2019, 12:53 PM   #1
greg0ry

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
Mods?! (Camaro SS)

Share your favorite mods for your Camaro! Pics would be great too. What mods do ya'll recommend? So far, I myself (2019 SS 1LE) installed a zl1 addons rear diffuser, these rear corner winglet things to go with the diffuser, zl1 addons rock guards, Diode Dynamics smoked side markers, those Hero smoked rear reflectors and this interior lighting strip setup (which i'm having trouble figuring out the fuse situation so I have it in the cigarette lighter for now). Thinking of side skirts and exhaust next. Let's give each other ideas!

http://imgur.com/gallery/HBz3YYD

Last edited by greg0ry; 04-16-2019 at 01:27 PM.
greg0ry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 01:12 PM   #2
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg0ry View Post
Share your favorite mods for your Camaro! Pics would be great too. What mods do ya'll recommend? So far, I myself (2019 SS 1LE) installed a zl1 addons rear diffuser, these rear corner winglet things to go with the diffuser, zl1 addons rock guards, Diode Dynamics smoked side markers, those Hero smoked rear reflectors and this interior lighting strip setup (which i'm having trouble figuring out the fuse situation so I have it in the cigarette lighter for now). Thinking of side skirts and exhaust next. Let's give each other ideas!
You are going to get a lot of "do a search" on here. And really there are too many mods to list that can be done. Depends on what you are trying to accomplish.... looks? Sound? Power? Downforce? Handling? Lighting? Stereo etc etc.

For me it's all looks and sound for now, as I still have a year left on the bumper to bumper warranty, exactly a year left from today, go figure... tax day LOL

I Bought an MBRP race axleback, mostly to get rid of the damn NPP valve rattle (prepare for that BTW). Black GM tail lights, OEM black SS badges for the sides, the range AFM disabler to get rid of the AFM system, and of course the most important.... proper summer tires. I am going to purchase a vitesse throttle controller shortly as well.
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 01:18 PM   #3
greg0ry

If you're curious how the diffuser and winglets thangs look:

http://imgur.com/gallery/HBz3YYD
Old 04-16-2019, 01:21 PM   #4
greg0ry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR623 View Post
You are going to get a lot of "do a search" on here. And really there are too many mods to list that can be done. Depends on what you are trying to accomplish.... looks? Sound? Power? Downforce? Handling? Lighting? Stereo etc etc.

For me it's all looks and sound for now, as I still have a year left on the bumper to bumper warranty, exactly a year left from today, go figure... tax day LOL

I Bought an MBRP race axleback, mostly to get rid of the damn NPP valve rattle (prepare for that BTW). Black GM tail lights, OEM black SS badges for the sides, the range AFM disabler to get rid of the AFM system, and of course the most important.... proper summer tires. I am going to purchase a vitesse throttle controller shortly as well.
Looks and sound for me too for now! Could you elaborate on the npp valve rattle? What is that and what am I to expect?! Nice choices on exterior mods, I'm sure it looks like a beaut. How's that mbrp race exhaust sound?! You like??
Old 04-16-2019, 01:55 PM   #5
RyanR623

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg0ry View Post
Looks and sound for me too for now! Could you elaborate on the npp valve rattle? What is that and what am I to expect?! Nice choices on exterior mods, I'm sure it looks like a beaut. How's that mbrp race exhaust sound?! You like??
The MBRP sounds great, slightly louder than the track mode setting with the NPP and no rasp. The valve rattle is something that a lot of people experience with NPP. They have a "fix" for it, which if I remember correctly is epoxy or glue.... what I DO remember is it not working for anyone for long. Mine included. It sounds like rocks hitting the undercarriage under by trunk. Some people say it's a buzzing noise. Some people hear ticking noises. I had both at different times, most of the time it just sounds like a rattlesnake it the trunk. I got so sick of it I decided to just cut off the damn valves altogether, hence the MBRP axleback. Being that you paid for the option I wouldn't go that far. I bought mine used so I didn't. It didn't affect the price of any of the ones I was looking at. I wouldn't worry about it, if it happens they'll try the fix, if it doesn't work they'll replace the whole exhaust. Mine started at around 9,000 miles. I have just over 11,000 miles now.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:27 PM   #6
greg0ry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR623 View Post
The MBRP sounds great, slightly louder than the track mode setting with the NPP and no rasp. The valve rattle is something that a lot of people experience with NPP. They have a "fix" for it, which if I remember correctly is epoxy or glue.... what I DO remember is it not working for anyone for long. Mine included. It sounds like rocks hitting the undercarriage under by trunk. Some people say it's a buzzing noise. Some people hear ticking noises. I had both at different times, most of the time it just sounds like a rattlesnake it the trunk. I got so sick of it I decided to just cut off the damn valves altogether, hence the MBRP axleback. Being that you paid for the option I wouldn't go that far. I bought mine used so I didn't. It didn't affect the price of any of the ones I was looking at. I wouldn't worry about it, if it happens they'll try the fix, if it doesn't work they'll replace the whole exhaust. Mine started at around 9,000 miles. I have just over 11,000 miles now.
Cooool. I see, i'm glad you told me about this so later on when/if it happens to me i'll be knowledgeable about the problem! Thank ya.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:36 PM   #7
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
I did the ZL1 Addons diffuser and winglets as well as Solo Performance muffler delete with huge black tips! Sounds and looks killer! You mentioned possibly doing splitter and side skirts, I used American Authority. Here’s a couple pics.
Attached Images

ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 02:53 PM   #8
greg0ry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
I did the ZL1 Addons diffuser and winglets as well as Solo Performance muffler delete with huge black tips! Sounds and looks killer! You mentioned possibly doing splitter and side skirts, I used American Authority. Here’s a couple pics.
DAMN, that's clean!!! Thank you for the pictures and AA recommendation. I bought the diffuser w/o muffler delete. If I ever did a muffler delete, you think my diffuser would still fit or i'd probably have to make some adjustments on the diffuser? Any idea?!
Old 04-16-2019, 03:56 PM   #9
StormSS
Banned

Drives: 2018 2SS
What's the purpose of the bottom diffuser? Looks like your ready to plow a field. No offense but I think they look terrible. Just my opinion.
StormSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:52 AM   #10
Stewhoppy

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Rear diffuser. Ugly, ugly, ugly....
Stewhoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 06:24 AM   #11
Infamus

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
I went the same route rear difuser, rear canards, wickerbill, side skirts all from ZL1 addon. I also added the katech throttle body, rotofab CAI with ST delete, strut brace and an oil catch can.

once I get 12K on the odo I'm dropping a whipple. dont think I'm going to do header or any mad exhaust my C7 GS is super loud and I dont want to go that route with this car...
Attached Images

Infamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 07:10 AM   #12
RyanR623

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormSS View Post
What's the purpose of the bottom diffuser? Looks like your ready to plow a field. No offense but I think they look terrible. Just my opinion.
It increases the velocity of the air below the car and decreases pressure, which reduces drag. Look up Bernoulli's principal.

However it only really works with a flat floor that is really close to the ground. So I guess the answer to your question as to what is the purpose of a diffuser on our cars? Looks.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:03 AM   #13
greg0ry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamus View Post
I went the same route rear difuser, rear canards, wickerbill, side skirts all from ZL1 addon. I also added the katech throttle body, rotofab CAI with ST delete, strut brace and an oil catch can.

once I get 12K on the odo I'm dropping a whipple. dont think I'm going to do header or any mad exhaust my C7 GS is super loud and I dont want to go that route with this car...
I saw pics of your car a month ago which inspired me to get the diffuser and canards! Man, the car looks so good overall. Can you do me a favor, anytime you have a chance... could you show me more pics in different angles of the wickerbill?? I kinda want one... I also need them side skirts!!! Which finish did you get the side skirts, matte black to match the rear spoiler and front chin spoiler?

What exactly does the throttle body do? what is a ST delete?!

I love your car lol

-edit: is this the one you got? in which finish?? ty
https://zl1addons.com/collections/ca...de-wicker-bill
Old 04-17-2019, 10:28 PM   #14
greg0ry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamus View Post

Can you perhaps link me the side skirts you got, please?? What finish are those, satin? Satin black is what the 1le rear spoiler and front chin spoiler are right?