Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-18-2019, 05:24 PM   #29
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Maybe I’m off in the weeds here, but I can’t see GM spending a bunch of money to tool a new platform given the nonsense constantly coming from MB about the direction they are heading. I see them running this platform longer than they did the 5th gen.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:38 PM   #30
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
Maybe I’m off in the weeds here, but I can’t see GM spending a bunch of money to tool a new platform given the nonsense constantly coming from MB about the direction they are heading. I see them running this platform longer than they did the 5th gen.

Camaro pays for the platforms. The 7th gen will pay for Alpha II like the 6th gen paid for Alpha.

Plus from what I understand, it isn't an all new platform rather a revised/updated version of the original Alpha platform.
ChevyRules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:59 PM   #31
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRules View Post
Camaro pays for the platforms. The 7th gen will pay for Alpha II like the 6th gen paid for Alpha.

Plus from what I understand, it isn't an all new platform rather a revised/updated version of the original Alpha platform.
I know a few people in this town and have heard zero about any plans for a new platform.

Last edited by Blueclyde; 04-18-2019 at 08:26 PM.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:40 PM   #32
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
I hope they drop the beltline just a tad, increase visibility, and less transformers-y, but not become just another "bar of soap" coupe. I'd hate to see something generic like an audi or BMW coupe in performance trim. It still needs to look like a camaro. I'm hoping for a subtle callback to 2nd gen camaro.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:11 PM   #33
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
I hope they drop the beltline just a tad, increase visibility, and less transformers-y, but not become just another "bar of soap" coupe. I'd hate to see something generic like an audi or BMW coupe in performance trim. It still needs to look like a camaro. I'm hoping for a subtle callback to 2nd gen camaro.
Will never happen... you might see something more akin to a 3rd/4th gen, but nothing ever again like the 2nd gens..
Old 04-18-2019, 09:16 PM   #34
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
With C8 maybe that frees up the LT5 for the ZL1 to beat the GT500, but that is a lot of hope.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:49 AM   #35
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
I know a few people in this town and have heard zero about any plans for a new platform.
Well what platform does the CT5 and CT4 ride on?
ChevyRules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 07:27 AM   #36
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19_2SS View Post
Isn't the Camaro built along side the the ATS? Since that's going away and the CT5 is coming on a new platform, what happens to Camaro? Can the factory output Camaro on Alpha and ct5 on Alpha2?
Yes, the Camaro is built alongside the ATS and CTS, and yes the current Camaro can and will be made on an Alpha platform alongside the CT5 on it’s AlphaII platform.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 07:30 AM   #37
whiteboyblues2001

Quote:
The new platform (actually a revised Alpha platform) for the Camaro has already been developed and is debuting in the CT5. It would be stupid to not use it in the Camaro. More vehicles sharing a platform lowers development costs.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:35 AM   #38
whiteboyblues2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
Take a look at the new CT5 and compare it to the CTS it replaces. I noticed a lower beltline and taller roof. It looks to me that GM is finally addressing the visibility issues with the Camaro. Not sure about the rest of the styling though...

https://www.cadillac.com/future-conc...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Old 04-19-2019, 07:40 AM   #39
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRules View Post

Maybe Camaro will get the all new VSS-R platform for the 7th Gens.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 09:15 AM   #40
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
Take a look at the new CT5 and compare it to the CTS it replaces. I noticed a lower beltline and taller roof. It looks to me that GM is finally addressing the visibility issues with the Camaro. Not sure about the rest of the styling though...

https://www.cadillac.com/future-conc...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
That is what I have been hoping for with the Camaro. Just a few inches to the windshield and bubble the roof at the driver will do a lot to get rid of the current bunker visibility out the front and sides. Lower beltline is a plus. Just never felt comfortable in flat roof chop tops, even in my hot rod days.
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:35 AM   #41
whiteboyblues2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
Maybe Camaro will get the all new VSS-R platform for the 7th Gens.
Doubtful. The first vehicle to use that will be the next gen CT6, which is supposed to come out in 2022 (perhaps as a 2023MY). My guess is it will go into the other Cadillacs (CT5 and CT4), then finally into a Camaro. By this time, it will be a Gen8 Camaro, perhaps a 2027MY. Camaro will probably be the last vehicle to get this platform, but if the Camaro lives long enough, this will be the platform it will get, as GM is going from 26 platforms currently to four within the next 10 years or so.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:39 PM   #42
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
Doubtful. The first vehicle to use that will be the next gen CT6, which is supposed to come out in 2022 (perhaps as a 2023MY). My guess is it will go into the other Cadillacs (CT5 and CT4), then finally into a Camaro. By this time, it will be a Gen8 Camaro, perhaps a 2027MY. Camaro will probably be the last vehicle to get this platform, but if the Camaro lives long enough, this will be the platform it will get, as GM is going from 26 platforms currently to four within the next 10 years or so.
Yeah it was the reduction in platforms that made me think the Camaro would be the VSS-R , i guess it wouldn't be impossible for them keep building the Camaro on the Alpha2 while building other cars on the VSS-R .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote