Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Phastek Performance

Old 04-12-2019, 10:28 PM   #1
wwiiavfan

Drives: 2017 1SS Hyper Blue
Has anyone tried Lexani tires?

LX twenty has a nice low price. These would be for a daily driver SS.
wwiiavfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 11:49 PM   #2
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
I think when you look at the price ...people shy away.
I am sure they are fine for everyday use. They are certified safe for road use.....

But geez. You drive a 455HP awesome car. Buy some real tires.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 10:23 AM   #3
Vaider

Drives: 18 NFG 1SS 1LE
I had some come on the wheels I bought for my 300 SRT. Don't do it. They are loud and the tread wear is terrible. They are $100 for a reason. LOL
Vaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 10:33 AM   #4
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
$40K car, $10 tires.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 10:37 AM   #5
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
Ultimately, all of the performance of the car, suspension, power, brakes... everything comes down to the interface between the tires and the road. Buy good tires, and your car will perform. Buy crap and it won't...
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 11:25 AM   #6
GAOLDGUY

Drives: 2012 GMC Sierra, 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I purchased the Lexanis and don't have anything really bad to say about them. They are loud but that doesn't bother me. When I purchased my SS 1LE, I had to get the s3s off because it was cold. These were the only tires I could find that seemed to have a cold weather rating and were available in my factory sizes (285/30/20 & 305/30/20). Another member "Warrior102" was extremely helpful and provided details of use in cold weather, etc. I only have 2600 miles on the car ( 800 with Supercar 3s / 1800 with Lexani's). My goal is to get another set of wheels so I can run both tires depending on temps but I like the tires. I will admit, I have not driven them aggessively but if you purchase them and don't like them, you're not out a great deal of money and I think they will "get you by". I say that without knowing your demands. If you are planning autocross, track days, etc. I would go in another direction. Having said that, I am interested in long term data that people have on these tires. I get fantastic information on these forums but unfortunately there are some that seem to be somewhat condescending in their answers and I offer apolgies to your for those that seem to have that flavor.
GAOLDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 05:35 PM   #7
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
I have a spare set of rims and run a set on them in standard ZL1 sizes. I bought them to test out in the rain since the Goodyear tires are down right dangerous in the rain, but awesome otherwise. I will say initially i was skeptical after doing some research i decided to give them a try. I have about 5k miles on mine and will say they are holding up very well as for the rain, not an issue at all. Someone commented their noisy after a few miles or something, i'm not experiencing that at all. Verdict, i would buy them again for DD.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:36 PM   #8
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
That's what I think about the tires. Just cruising, no hard acceleration? Fine, whatever.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 11:10 AM   #9
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAOLDGUY View Post
I purchased the Lexanis and don't have anything really bad to say about them. They are loud but that doesn't bother me. When I purchased my SS 1LE, I had to get the s3s off because it was cold. These were the only tires I could find that seemed to have a cold weather rating and were available in my factory sizes (285/30/20 & 305/30/20). Another member "Warrior102" was extremely helpful and provided details of use in cold weather, etc. I only have 2600 miles on the car ( 800 with Supercar 3s / 1800 with Lexani's). My goal is to get another set of wheels so I can run both tires depending on temps but I like the tires. I will admit, I have not driven them aggessively but if you purchase them and don't like them, you're not out a great deal of money and I think they will "get you by". I say that without knowing your demands. If you are planning autocross, track days, etc. I would go in another direction. Having said that, I am interested in long term data that people have on these tires. I get fantastic information on these forums but unfortunately there are some that seem to be somewhat condescending in their answers and I offer apolgies to your for those that seem to have that flavor.

Old post I know BUT THESE THINGS HOOK LIKE CRAP!!!! AND THERE GOOD IN WET AND DRY TRACTION!!