Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-10-2019, 08:06 AM   #15
Grimfrost769

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
Id stay in the same category of tire like Ultra Summer, but set my sights lower on the price point and consider the Indy 500, I think the PS4 while that's a superb tire...I don't know what you're looking to spend or what you consider more "streetable" because I might think an UltraHP all season could fit the bill. There are some extremely good A/S on the market now like the A/S3+, Comp2 A/S, and so on.
A setup that will last longer than 10,000 miles and is abit easier on gas milage. I bought it as a performance vehicle, but it is my daily and I do enjoy road trips. Something abit more friendly along those lines. If I Can get away with a slightly smaller square setup that would be nice. But, it may be best to stick with the OE size.
Grimfrost769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:15 AM   #16
Reddy1LE

Drives: 1SS 1LE
Im on the all seasons bridgestones RE908AS and its very streetable for me, stock tire size. Then again I loved the stock tires also.
What this car really needs is a notification eliminator. There's a wi-fi notification. Bluetooth notification. Parking brake disabled notification. Always some annoying notification popping up. - Navigator post
Reddy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 05:53 PM   #17
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
You are comparing a 16 SS versus a 17 SS 1LE. While you can run a 19 square on the SS 1LE, why unless you are just absolutely past the limits of the stock setup of wheels and tires.
I'm thinking of a square setup as a means to save money by getting more miles out of a set of tires, the cost of the tires themselves, ability to rotate.

Some may want a square setup for all out race ability, but it doesn't look like that's what OP is asking for.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:48 AM   #18
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
I would wonder if a square set up is faster on track than the OEM staggered set up. I would only want a square set up ( which I do) for the ability to rotate and get more miles and less noise out of the tires.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:16 AM   #19
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
Will the rear 1LE wheels fit up front let's say you went to a 285/35 tire for a square set up. and would the rear wheel look funny on the front, with the offset and width...?

I ask from the Mustang GT/PP I had...you couldn't put the rear on the front w/o a 5mm spacer due to the differing offset or it would rub.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:16 AM   #20
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
Will the rear 1LE wheels fit up front let's say you went to a 285/35 tire for a square set up. and would the rear wheel look funny on the front, with the offset and width...?

I ask from the Mustang GT/PP I had...you couldn't put the rear on the front w/o a 5mm spacer due to the differing offset or it would rub.
I have a 265/40/19 winter tire setup and use 7mm spacers + 1/2" longer ARP wheel studs on the front. The ARPs have the "nose" removed so they fit wheels with or without the 7mm spacer, they are about stock length but have threads all the way to the ends.

For summer/street I'd stick with the stock tire size, it's what the car was designed for and while it may be overkill it's not that much more expensive as larger tires have come way down in price over the years.

Also, it's possible running different wheel sizes with or without spacers may effect your warranty so you may want to check with your dealer.
DaveC113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 10:33 AM   #21
bpflibsen

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
With a 20x10F and 20x11R setup I would consider 295/30/20s in either Pilot Sport 4S, or Continental ExtremeContact Sports. both offer good grip for when you want to have fun, and are excellent at clearing water. They offer good tire life for their performance, and 295's front and rear allow you the option to swap tires front to back occasionally for increased tire life. It's a little bit of a tight fit up front, but should be doable.
bpflibsen is offline   Reply With Quote