Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 01-01-2018, 07:05 PM   #29
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
If you're going with a 5 or 6 point harness, might as well get a Hans device too.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:08 PM   #30
slick3

Drives: Garnet Red - 20 ZLE
I have been thinking about doing whats been talked about in this thread. 4 point cage, fixed back seat and a proper 6 point. The argument that it would be LESS safe than OEM I believe to be wrong. Keeping your body tightly in one spot + the addition of head/neck restraints systems + a proper HALO containment seat... I think that beats OEM any day of the week.

Its one of those catch 22's. You cant go halfway with this stuff, you have to go all or none it seems. One component missing out of the list and I would then agree, yes, just keep it OEM.

As far as I am aware, there is zero solutions to the airbag problem. As soon as you take the factory seat out, and the air bag light is on, the entire system is disabled.

It would be great if there was a proper harness solution that mounted to a seat bracket and you could just swap the seat out for the factory seat during street time. There is no way I would let a passenger in my car otherwise with the airbags disabled.

From what I gather, 2 options. Planted makes a seat bracket and so does Brey Kraus. I think the seat bracket is often overlooked. If you do not get a high quality bullet proof bracket, then your nice fancy seat and belts wont do anything for you when good times go bad.

I think BK would get my vote as of current.

Stuff like this makes me rethink tracking a street car. Its hard to pull dull duty and do it right.
slick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:12 PM   #31
Chub2000

Drives: 2018 camaro zl1 , 2007 porsche GT3,
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick3 View Post
I have been thinking about doing whats been talked about in this thread. 4 point cage, fixed back seat and a proper 6 point. The argument that it would be LESS safe than OEM I believe to be wrong. Keeping your body tightly in one spot + the addition of head/neck restraints systems + a proper containment seat I think beats oem any day of the week.

Its one of those catch 22's. You cant go halfway with this stuff, you have to go all or none it seems. One component missing out of the list and I would then agree, yes, just keep it OEM.

As far as I am aware, there is zero solutions to the airbag problem. As soon as you take the factory seat out, and the air bag light is on, the entire system is disabled.

It would be great if there was a proper harness solution that mounted to a seat bracket and you could just swap the seat out for the factory seat during street time. There is no way I would let a passenger in my car otherwise.

From what I gather, 2 options. Planted makes a seat bracket and so does Brey Kraus. I think the seat bracket is often overlooked. If you do not get a high quality bullet proof bracket, then your nice fancy seat and belts wont do anything for you when good times go bad.

I already have the brey kraus brackets and two hans devices.
I guess I'll just deal with the airbag light or cover it with black tape like i did to my GT3
Chub2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:21 PM   #32
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Modern day cars are really works of art when it comes to safety. Realistically, all of us would probably be fine for the next thousand track days in a stock car. Needless to say, it is still something that has crossed my mind with this new car.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:29 PM   #33
Chub2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblurr View Post
Modern day cars are really works of art when it comes to safety. Realistically, all of us would probably be fine for the next thousand track days in a stock car. Needless to say, it is still something that has crossed my mind with this new car.
Im sure feeling planted in a race seat with harnesses will improve lap times too. Confidence make you faster.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:20 PM   #34
slick3

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblurr View Post
I agree wholeheartedly but as they say you can’t put a price on safety.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:41 AM   #35
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Not to hijack but for those who might be interested, I have a brand new Brey Krause harness bar, Brey Krause Bottom mount and sub strap mount which I am planning to list for sale soon since the car is gone At some point I also considered Studio RSR but they were a bit heavier (~40 -45 lbs vs 16 lbs)

I got it with a 10% discount for all parts and will give additional 10% (20% off the original advertised price +shipping) to move them out of my garage for the new parts coming for the Miata. I was planning to use them with OMP WRC R seat and save about 120 lbs by removing seats for track days this next season, they came after I traded the car

Basically all the parts with part numbers in this box . PM me if interested

glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:26 AM   #36
slick3

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post
Not to hijack but for those who might be interested, I have a brand new Brey Krause harness bar, Brey Krause Bottom mount and sub strap mount which I am planning to list for sale soon since the car is gone At some point I also considered Studio RSR but they were a bit heavier (~40 -45 lbs vs 16 lbs)

I got it with a 10% discount for all parts and will give additional 10% (20% off the original advertised price +shipping) to move them out of my garage for the new parts coming for the Miata. I was planning to use them with OMP WRC R seat and save about 120 lbs by removing seats for track days this next season, they came after I traded the car

Basically all the parts with part numbers in this box . PM me if interested

CEM, I take your seat bracket and sub strap when you get around to it. You know how to find me. FB or here, just message me and we will get it worked out. I already have a harness bar so no need for that. But I do know someone who might be interested. I will let you know on that.

Thanks.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:49 AM   #37
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Sounds good , thanks
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:46 PM   #38
NickyRacerBoy

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick3 View Post
I have been thinking about doing whats been talked about in this thread. 4 point cage, fixed back seat and a proper 6 point. The argument that it would be LESS safe than OEM I believe to be wrong. Keeping your body tightly in one spot + the addition of head/neck restraints systems + a proper HALO containment seat... I think that beats OEM any day of the week.

It would be great if there was a proper harness solution that mounted to a seat bracket and you could just swap the seat out for the factory seat during street time. There is no way I would let a passenger in my car otherwise with the airbags disabled.

Stuff like this makes me rethink tracking a street car. Its hard to pull dull duty and do it right.

Making dual purpose is NOT realistic. If you are that "guy" that wants to track his car here and there and brag to his beer buddies then leave it stock but if you are that "guy" that is looking to get faster and faster then go big and cage it.
NickyRacerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:10 PM   #39
Chub2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyRacerBoy View Post

Making dual purpose is NOT realistic. If you are that "guy" that wants to track his car here and there and brag to his beer buddies then leave it stock but if you are that "guy" that is looking to get faster and faster then go big and cage it.
this is an awesome set up!!
Old 01-15-2018, 03:02 PM   #40
slick3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyRacerBoy View Post

Completely agree with you. All or none. There really is no middle ground.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:41 PM   #41
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chub2000 View Post
I havnt recieved mine yet. It's supposed to ship this week. From what i understand it should take a couple hours to install.
Any update? Words of wisdom on the install?
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 05:47 PM   #42
Chub2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
Any update? Words of wisdom on the install?
I have the bar amd seats, but i havnt had a chance to install everything. I'll load pics when its all done.