Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-13-2019, 02:27 PM   #1
AZ_1LE

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
FS: G-Loc pads

Hey all, figured I'd post this here. I'm selling the G-Loc pads which I used on my 1LE for a few track days, but they've got a ton of life left in them. These are fantastic pads and combined with Castrol SRF fluid I had consistent, reliable brakes every lap. I sold the car, thus why I'm selling these.

Fronts are the R10's ( GP1405-R10 )
Rears are the R8's (GP1718-R8 )

New, these were $571 shipped. I'll sell the set for $270 shipped.

AZ_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 04:32 PM   #2
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Any reason why you mixed compounds front to rear?
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 05:52 PM   #3
AZ_1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
Any reason why you mixed compounds front to rear?
Past experience with these pads on other cars. The rear brakes don't do nearly as much work, so they don't get as hot, so you don't need as aggressive as a pad since it won't get up into that operating range.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:38 AM   #4
GTSLOW
Daily Driven 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_1LE View Post
Past experience with these pads on other cars. The rear brakes don't do nearly as much work, so they don't get as hot, so you don't need as aggressive as a pad since it won't get up into that operating range.
Makes sense. I used to run Hawk Blues in the front and HP+ in the rear of my '05 GTO @ Road America.

GLWS!
Old 04-16-2019, 08:49 PM   #5
carguy55

How thick is the pad material on each pad?
Old 04-20-2019, 10:50 AM   #6
AZ_1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
How thick is the pad material on each pad?
I don't have a good enough measuring device, but they appear to be barely worn. Attached are photos of them when they were brand new.
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2019, 11:02 AM   #7
carguy55

Quote:
I don't have a good enough measuring device, but they appear to be barely worn. Attached are photos of them when they were brand new.
You still have these? Need to see pictures of what they look like now. Thanks
Old 06-16-2019, 08:25 AM   #8
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Not exactly. The Gen6 brake bias calls for the same pad F and R. If you put less torqy pad in the R, then the front will work unnecessarily more as a consequence, as the R will now do less work vs what the design calls for. Lastly, this increased F bias will make a car less responsive to rotation under trail braking. Splitting pad torque is a good idea if a car lacks stability under threshhold braking, or oversteers on entry. 1le exhibits neither of these issues.

I had run split pads on my Vette, but Camaro is a different animal re balance. Having said that, most folks may not notice a slight change in the bias and it will depend on how hard one pushes the car and what one expects from it handling wise.

NB they appear barely worn so id suspect just very mild track duty on them?

GLWS!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 01:11 PM   #9
AZ_1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Not exactly. The Gen6 brake bias calls for the same pad F and R. If you put less torqy pad in the R, then the front will work unnecessarily more as a consequence, as the R will now do less work vs what the design calls for. Lastly, this increased F bias will make a car less responsive to rotation under trail braking. Splitting pad torque is a good idea if a car lacks stability under threshhold braking, or oversteers on entry. 1le exhibits neither of these issues.

I had run split pads on my Vette, but Camaro is a different animal re balance. Having said that, most folks may not notice a slight change in the bias and it will depend on how hard one pushes the car and what one expects from it handling wise.

NB they appear barely worn so id suspect just very mild track duty on them?

GLWS!
I respectfully disagree, based on my experience with this setup. Braking was fantastic in all areas including consistency, trail braking, responsiveness, and general stability. I could get into ABS with all 4 wheels whenever I wanted and the Castrol fluid did a great job of keeping the pedal feeling consistent the entire session.

I still have the pads, they've been untouched since I took the photos above (I sold the 1LE a few months ago).
Old 06-17-2019, 01:23 PM   #10
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
I respectfully disagree, based on my experience with this setup. Braking was fantastic in all areas including consistency, trail braking, responsiveness, and general stability. I could get into ABS with all 4 wheels whenever I wanted and the Castrol fluid did a great job of keeping the pedal feeling consistent the entire session.

I still have the pads, they've been untouched since I took the photos above (I sold the 1LE a few months ago).
I never said they woudnt work well on the car. And depending on pace they may make zero difference.
But spiltting hairs, this is not IDEAL for the reasons ive articulated. Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote