#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-11-2019, 10:29 PM   #43
MAGAUSA

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
I'm just guessing but I think possibly blue collar VS white collar mentality?

I am not a fan of cat-less, at least not primary cats anyways. I did remove my secondary cats, but that was more so I could remove my stock system without cutting and use it if I needed to go back to stock at some point.

Yeah, so can we attribute your profiling to the fact that you're from the "Bay Area" vis a vis the sh!thole formerly known as SFO??? Cat vs catless "mentality"? Blue vs white collar? Dude you need to really think about loving your neighbor just a little bit more. Please. For the sake of yourself and helping others around you that, as we all do, influence in small and other ways, rethink your prejudices. WTF does that even mean? Don't bother answering here on a car forum. Just get your own sh!t together.
MAGAUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:46 PM   #44
Davess502

Drives: 2017 Yenko Camaro 6.8L 800 HP
Went with the Borla catback S Type exhaust. AweSSome looks and sound for the big supercharged 6.8L SVE built Yenko.

Last edited by Davess502; 04-11-2019 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Typo
Davess502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:22 AM   #45
GTSLOW
Daily Driven 1LE

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatGuy View Post
I find it odd that so many camaro owners run catless, but on the VW forum I was on, everybody talked down about doing it and lambasted people for having done it.

Is there a reason that it seems more acceptable with the Camaro crowd? Just curious.
I've been on ClubTDI for almost 10 years and have rarely seen someone get lambasted. It just wasn't something commonly spoke about. Like previously mentioned, TDI owners myself included, are the last ones that should be talking about pollution and cat removal.

But to get back on topic. I plan on running the Corsa Extreme catback until my warranty expires. Then it will be catted longtubes. I personally HATE the raspy sound that GM cars make when catless. It was obnoxious on my '02 T/A and my '05 GTO.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:47 AM   #46
Aperretta

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
I've been on ClubTDI for almost 10 years and have rarely seen someone get lambasted. It just wasn't something commonly spoke about. Like previously mentioned, TDI owners myself included, are the last ones that should be talking about pollution and cat removal.

But to get back on topic. I plan on running the Corsa Extreme catback until my warranty expires. Then it will be catted longtubes. I personally HATE the raspy sound that GM cars make when catless. It was obnoxious on my '02 T/A and my '05 GTO.
Maybe it has something to do with our cars smelling and sounding like actual race cars? I used a high flow cat on my TDI, because no matter what you did to that engine, it was going to sound like a tractor.

But... I am probably getting BBE headers soon and will take the high flow cat front pipes. Most of us seem to understand that with 7.6 billion people on the planet, we share a responsibility to try to do the little things to take care of it. For me, the 3 HP that I'm losing with the cat is OK.
Aperretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 03:32 PM   #47
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAUSA View Post
Yeah, so can we attribute your profiling to the fact that you're from the "Bay Area" vis a vis the sh!thole formerly known as SFO??? Cat vs catless "mentality"? Blue vs white collar? Dude you need to really think about loving your neighbor just a little bit more. Please. For the sake of yourself and helping others around you that, as we all do, influence in small and other ways, rethink your prejudices. WTF does that even mean? Don't bother answering here on a car forum. Just get your own sh!t together.
LOL, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. You do know that the internet is full of opinions right?? you don't need to have an aneurysm over everything you read online, the stress will reduce your lifespan.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 04:26 PM   #48
JonD

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
I still swear by my catless ARH system

Best sound around!

Last edited by JonD; 04-12-2019 at 11:16 PM.
JonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 06:48 PM   #49
Jbanta1983

Drives: 2019 2ss 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Long tube catless headers with stock dual mode cat back. Warranty depends on how friendly your dealer is, but technically any mod voids the warranty.

I went to hear this in person yesterday and I thought it sounded like total garbage at idle(like a tin can). Extremely loud tho if that's what you are looking for
Jbanta1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 06:52 PM   #50
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
afe power ftw
Old 05-06-2020, 07:33 PM   #51
JeffWhiteSS

Drives: Camaro SS
Has anyone tried the GM exhaust system upgrade (84578423)? I guess this will keep any factory warranty.
JeffWhiteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 08:04 PM   #52
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffWhiteSS View Post
Has anyone tried the GM exhaust system upgrade (84578423)? I guess this will keep any factory warranty.

Note the NPP reference if you have NPP, and I'd be skeptical of "calibration"...what the hell is that and why is any calibration needed for an axle back?????

This kit is available for Camaro SS LT1 applications, except when equipped with the NPP-code dual-mode exhaust. This exhaust will not void your warranty, includes calibration
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 08:21 PM   #53
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Probably similar to the calibration for the GM CAI, just to keep the EPA overlords happy.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:40 AM   #54
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Probably similar to the calibration for the GM CAI, just to keep the EPA overlords happy.

No reason for that with a axle back. The CAI needs a tune to remap things and it's not for the EPA.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 09:26 AM   #55
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAUSA View Post
Yeah dude seems to be placing himself a bit too highly on some imaginary stage.

Blue collar vs white collar lmao what a bigoted thing to say.
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 10:07 AM   #56
DaggerMouth

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
My AWE Touring system in on its way. Got one for the Camaro and one for our Mustang.