Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

AWE Tuning

Old 03-23-2019, 04:29 PM   #15
Jfmoore79

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 2SS A8
I verified that the bypass valve was working properly with no leaks in the diaphragm. I then removed the catch can from the system and hooked up the vacuum log to the PCV system per the Procharger installation manual. Logged the car again and the fuel trims were still off. The STFT were primarily negative but did not fit in the -1 to -3 range. LTFT were still high. I am going to order a leak detector but wondered if it would be worthwhile to pull the intake manifold and see if the gaskets were pushed out or if I can find any cracks in the intake itself? Gaskets would be an easy and cheaper fix. Even an intake isn’t outrageous.

I am a pretty good shade tree guy who can replace parts and do some modifications but a trained troubleshooter I am not. Strongly considering shipping the car to an expert so maybe I can enjoy the car this season.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:30 AM   #16
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfmoore79 View Post
I verified that the bypass valve was working properly with no leaks in the diaphragm. I then removed the catch can from the system and hooked up the vacuum log to the PCV system per the Procharger installation manual. Logged the car again and the fuel trims were still off. The STFT were primarily negative but did not fit in the -1 to -3 range. LTFT were still high. I am going to order a leak detector but wondered if it would be worthwhile to pull the intake manifold and see if the gaskets were pushed out or if I can find any cracks in the intake itself? Gaskets would be an easy and cheaper fix. Even an intake isn’t outrageous.

I am a pretty good shade tree guy who can replace parts and do some modifications but a trained troubleshooter I am not. Strongly considering shipping the car to an expert so maybe I can enjoy the car this season.
Than you fixed something Last logs I seen where adding fuel Positive 10-15 percent.

We are really close to finishing up don't give up yet.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 09:43 AM   #17
Jfmoore79

I will send you latest log when I get home. I pulled the intake to be sure I hadnt pinched a gasket but they look good. Ive been strongly considering getting in line at your shop and shipping the car for the fix and a dyno tune.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:35 PM   #18
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
You might try resetting the LTFT via VCM tools in the scan software.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 09:54 PM   #19
Jfmoore79

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
You might try resetting the LTFT via VCM tools in the scan software.
I typically reset the LTFT and Comps after making any changes but thanks for the reminder. I removed the intake but didnt see anything that raised any questions. I did find one of the crankcase vent lines that feeds the factory separator was completely loose and coming off the port. I will finish hooking everything back up tomorrow and see what the numbers look like. Fingers crossed
Old 05-24-2019, 09:23 AM   #20
mrgoodbytes

Drives: '18 2SS/EU (+Recaros) M6 Red Hot
Quote:
I typically reset the LTFT and Comps after making any changes but thanks for the reminder. I removed the intake but didnt see anything that raised any questions. I did find one of the crankcase vent lines that feeds the factory separator was completely loose and coming off the port. I will finish hooking everything back up tomorrow and see what the numbers look like. Fingers crossed

Hi Jfmoore79, did connecting the PCV line change anything?

Last edited by mrgoodbytes; 05-24-2019 at 09:23 AM. Reason: typo
mrgoodbytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 01:07 PM   #21
Jfmoore79

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoodbytes View Post
Hi Jfmoore79, did connecting the PCV line change anything?
Yes after getting that vacuum line secured, as well as double and triple checking all the others, the trims were back in a normal range. Ted at JRE finished up the tune and the car is running great.
Old 05-25-2019, 07:28 AM   #22
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Yes after getting that vacuum line secured, as well as double and triple checking all the others, the trims were back in a normal range. Ted at JRE finished up the tune and the car is running great.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 07:57 AM   #23
pavetim

Drives: firebird
Is this a concern on NA cars? I logged my first day today in my 17 SS and ill have to double check but could have sworn i see higher and lower trims than the -1 to 3%. If its off would you suggest taking it in to dealer and try to explain lol? Can you reset the trims? My car still ynder manufacturer warranty
pavetim is offline   Reply With Quote