Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-18-2018, 08:51 PM   #15
FSST_LAP

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Ive used ATE and didnt get any brake fade until my 5th track day with low pads. its relatively inexpensive and did well overall. I play on trying a different fluid to compare and contrast
FSST_LAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 05:47 AM   #16
12SilverBulletSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I just ran at Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi after a switch to Motul 660. My first time out with stock fluid in cooler weather I had a mushy pedal pretty much after the first lap and I lost the pedal all together once.

The session on Monday night was 98* ambient at night with about 80% humidity. Basically it was miserable outside the car lol. The pedal remained firm and confident all night (3 hours open track). I ran into a little brake fade at the end of the big straight near the turn-in point. I was running about 133-135 mph into a hard 90* left but still had good pedal feel despite the fade.

I was running about three or four fast laps and then cooled down a lap and would usually bring it in the pits. I want to say I got about 100 minutes of PDR footage. It typically takes me just under three minutes to run a lap when I am pushing it and just over three when I am not.

The Motul 660 was cheaper than SRF and I couldn't get SRF shipped out here for some reason. I was quite pleased in the difference!
12SilverBulletSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:51 AM   #17
apexit53

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE Summit White
after talking to a few friends that have run road america a lot I decided to order ATE type 200.
#53 F Street
2022 Sponsor autocrossdigits.com
Autocrossing Videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-...3tiMt0KOg_2Aag
Instagram: apexit_53
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
2019 D Street national champion (2019 civic Type R)
apexit53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 05:12 PM   #18
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by trohde78 View Post
You bleed the furthest wheel from the master cylinder to the closest. RR, LR, RF, LF
I've never had an issue with the order you listed, but I switched to the GM recommended order once I discovered the order in the tech manual is different than the conventional ordering.

Right Rear Inner then Outer
Left Front Inner then Outer
Left Rear Inner then Outer
Right Front Inner then Outer

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 05:34 PM   #19
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
The Motul 660 is the best fluid there is when it is fresh out of the bottle but you need to change it at a minimum of every 6 months if you track the car a lot because it absorbs more moisture and degrades. I recently switched to the Castrol SRF and now prefer that fluid, it is much, much more stable than the Motul and probably could be run for years without significant degrading of the fluid. I'm now a big SRF fan. All of them will be fine in the winter if they are fresh.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:24 AM   #20
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
I've never had an issue with the order you listed, but I switched to the GM recommended order once I discovered the order in the tech manual is different than the conventional ordering.

Right Rear Inner then Outer
Left Front Inner then Outer
Left Rear Inner then Outer
Right Front Inner then Outer
I've even seen where with inner and outer bleed fittings you go back and do the inner a second time after doing the outer. Inner - Outer - Inner.

Probably fussier than absolutely necessary, but I can't see it hurting anything to do a couple of brake pedal pumps the second time on the inner.

Norm