Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-04-2018, 11:16 AM   #1
Braddock

Drives: Chevy Camaro SS/RS L99
Exhaust isn’t loud

I have 2014 SS L99. I have a x-pipe resonator delete super 44 flowmaster mufflers and it still sounds quiet. Changed out the mufflers from magnaflow but that didn’t help. Any suggestions???
Braddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 11:22 AM   #2
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddock View Post
I have 2014 SS L99. I have a x-pipe resonator delete super 44 flowmaster mufflers and it still sounds quiet. Changed out the mufflers from magnaflow but that didn’t help. Any suggestions???
Add headers, high flow cats at least - will increase the tone note.

I've got the Flow outlaws and my ride sounds like this... I love it;

Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 11:26 AM   #3
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
+1 for long tube headers or at MINIMUM high flow cats. The factory cats on these cars are the biggest choke point of the entire factory exhaust system. They kill power, sound, and hopes & dreams!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 11:53 AM   #4
pnwdan

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Headers and No cats. That is loud lol
Old 10-04-2018, 12:29 PM   #5
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
If not high flow cats or headers, do muffler delete.

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 12:35 PM   #6
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
I did what you are doing. After going thru many different combos I bought a quality catback that I knew was loud and was done with it. Imo you will always be making changes trying to get the sound you like.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 03:50 PM   #7
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
NOWEEDS
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 04:29 PM   #8
Reaper85

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
NOWEEDS
+1
Reaper85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:36 PM   #9
Tech@Flowmaster

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
The Super 44 is considered a fairly aggressive muffler. There are a few culprits that may be the cause of your concern. If you did not purchase the mufflers yourself please ensure that you did receive genuine Flowmaster Super 44 mufflers. You can check for the raised Flowmaster logo and verify the part number on the inlet or outlet endcap of the muffler (see example below) on our website or by calling us at 707-544-4761. While you're looking under the vehicle make sure that the muffler is correctly installed with the inlets and outlets in their respective locations, the "F" in Flowmaster should be facing the front of the vehicle and the "R" facing the rear. If incorrectly installed the exhaust system will build up excessive backpressure that will affect the exhaust note as well. If all checks out good then there is the possibility that the muffler is simply not as aggressive as you'd prefer. If so you may want to look at the Original 40 Series, Super 10 or even the Outlaw Race Muffler. Our Support Team is here to help so please give us a call with any questions or issues.

Dot-matrix style part number on endcap

- Jason @ Flowmaster
Tech@Flowmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:01 PM   #10
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwdan View Post
Headers and No cats. That is loud lol
It's surprisingly decent at cruising speeds in terms of drone, but yes Headers/offroad connecting pipes/Solo muffler delete if you wanna be loud OP

Old 10-05-2018, 12:55 AM   #11
Mr2Hard2See
Instagram: Mr2Hard2See

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS
I feel the same way I bought the solo performance catback j-pipe exhaust and yes I don’t have drone problems but my ride doesn’t sound like an SS should sound. It’s quite but I’ve grown to like it when I smash on the pedal.

The only other good thing is once I do install my LT headers and remove stock cats the sound get deeper/mean but not overkill being to loud.
Che bronze trunnion Ls3 timing/valley cover
Dod/vvt delete Dsx e85 Dsx aux fuel pump Id1050x injectors ZL1 fuel pump, Griptech 2.55 pulley, Solo performance Mach ll 2.5 catback exhaust 1 7/8th Lt headers
Mr2Hard2See is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 06:45 AM   #12
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngdeezy510 View Post
I feel the same way I bought the solo performance catback j-pipe exhaust and yes I don’t have drone problems but my ride doesn’t sound like an SS should sound. It’s quite but I’ve grown to like it when I smash on the pedal.

The only other good thing is once I do install my LT headers and remove stock cats the sound get deeper/mean but not overkill being to loud.
As someone who has gone the Solo route first and then paired long tube headers with it afterwards, I can vouch that you'll notice a big difference. The only time there's almost drone is when the weather and exhaust is cold. I've fiddled with the J pipe plugs to find an optimal zone to eliminate it and it basically comes back to needing to let the exhaust warm up first. Summer time there's no drone and you know you've got a V8 sitting under the hood. STILL not obnoxious while driving, but you get to enjoy more of the beautiful V8 music in cab than just installing their catback.

Case in point:
Pre tune exhaust run with headers
Post tune exhaust run with headers

However, I did sell a neighbor on getting rid of his Mitsubishi Lancer Evo for another V8 car because he loved my exhaust so much when I saw him on the highway and hammered down. This was with just the catback exhaust. A few weeks later he pulled up at the end of my driveway in a blue C6 Corvette.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote