Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-17-2018, 12:49 PM   #29
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Are there JacFab brackets available for the 6th gen? I got one of those (required in CA) and it works great. No drilling, easy install, quality product.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 02:54 PM   #30
init4fun

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary
It all honesty. I would just put the license plate bracket on the front bumper over the hideous bowtie
init4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:00 PM   #31

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
You would think they would incorporate the front end styling to include a front plate, especially with so many states requiring one....If the flow-tie is a factor in cooling, how much cooling and airflow is lost from a front plate location?.....Probably a non-issue unless tracking, but don't try and tell me the flow-tie is critical and any issues with front plates blocking air-flow are never mentioned...

Name:  13573899-1426104484897.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  58.1 KB
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 09:14 AM   #32
mdhopt36

Drives: '17- 1ag37 V6 traded, for 1SS 2018!
absolutely stupid requirement.
The dealer riveted a plastic carrier smak in the middle of my lower grill.
GM went through a lot of trouble designing that grill to pass enough air to properly cool the engine-trans-rear end, etc.
I bought the Sto&Go, and plan to install it next week's oil change.
If it ever gets to hot weather here, the front plate is gonna get thrown in the trunk, regardless of my states' requirement.
Dealers name is on that stock plastic carrier, what a POS.
mdhopt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:59 AM   #33
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhopt36 View Post
absolutely stupid requirement.
The dealer riveted a plastic carrier smak in the middle of my lower grill.
GM went through a lot of trouble designing that grill to pass enough air to properly cool the engine-trans-rear end, etc.
I bought the Sto&Go, and plan to install it next week's oil change.
If it ever gets to hot weather here, the front plate is gonna get thrown in the trunk, regardless of my states' requirement.
Dealers name is on that stock plastic carrier, what a POS.
I wouldnt have bought the car, personally. My car was on the showroom floor long enough for them to put a license plate frame on the rear and a sticker on the bumper... I told my salesman to make sure the sticker was off the car before I left or the deal was a no-go.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:07 AM   #34
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Ohio requires a front tag. Neither I with my Camaro or my Mom with her 2016 Corvette have front tags or the front bracket installed. We both asked the dealer not to install it and they abided. My Mom keeps the front tag under the passenger seat if she's ever pulled over. Mine's sitting in my workbench in my garage collecting sawdust.

One of my parents friends is a retired cop. He asked where the front tag was on her Corvette. She shruged and said there's no place to put one. He looked and said "oh yeah, you're right".

I did a little research and at least in Ohio they can only cite you for no front tag if they catch you comitting a primary offense first (speeding, dui, etc)
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 11:23 AM   #35
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Ohio requires a front tag. Neither I with my Camaro or my Mom with her 2016 Corvette have front tags or the front bracket installed. We both asked the dealer not to install it and they abided. My Mom keeps the front tag under the passenger seat if she's ever pulled over. Mine's sitting in my workbench in my garage collecting sawdust.

One of my parents friends is a retired cop. He asked where the front tag was on her Corvette. She shruged and said there's no place to put one. He looked and said "oh yeah, you're right".

I did a little research and at least in Ohio they can only cite you for no front tag if they catch you comitting a primary offense first (speeding, dui, etc)
In Illinois they can pull you over for it, but most of the time it is a tacked on thing like you mentioned.

Except in the towns surrounding my office. They will get you for anything and everything they can.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 11:41 AM   #36
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
In Illinois they can pull you over for it, but most of the time it is a tacked on thing like you mentioned.

Except in the towns surrounding my office. They will get you for anything and everything they can.
Which is why I printed the Ohio revised code on front plate displays and highlited that paragraph and put it in my glovebox.

If the officer has nothing else on me I'd either show that to him or take it to court.

We have a bill currently in the state legislature introduced late last year to eliminate the front tag requirement. The main argument is, as you can see on that map, our surrounding neighbor states don't require it and Ohio LEOs can't clain the whole "for public safety" thing when so many cars from other states are in and/or passing through Ohio at any given time.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 01:14 PM   #37
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Dropping the front plate requirement was discussed at the last legislature in Texas but no action was taken. I wish they would do away with it.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 03:49 PM   #38
jreagle56

Drives: 2022 2SS A10 NPP MRC Red Hot
the front plate on these cars with big air intake grilles for cooling is a looser..... it blocks air flow and looks out of place, anywhere it could be mounted. i have a sto and show; it looks stupid the way the bottom of the plate is aligned with the point of the air dam, suspended low..... and someone can easily steal the plate. mine is on the floor in the back seat. The tow hook location might be better if there is a mount that keeps the plate and hardware from rubbing and scraping on the painted surfaces. i hate front plates.....
jreagle56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:35 AM   #39
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
Dropping the front plate requirement was discussed at the last legislature in Texas but no action was taken. I wish they would do away with it.
I know many people who would easily pay an extra $50 to not need it...

Tags
2019, license plate