Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-13-2018, 02:14 AM   #15
sdavis2702

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Have you thought about the sto'n'sho mount? I have it and it's great, unobtrusive, zero impact (as it reuses 2 bumper mounting bolts) and easy to take off and on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMF View Post
I got the Sto'N'Sho bracket for mine (mine has the front splitter as well). I would highly recommend using that.
I definitely looked at the Sto'N'Sho bracket. I've seen that video and everything. The only reason I didn't pull the trigger right when I bought the car is because I live in the heart of downtown San Diego in a high-rise building and our parking garage is underneath the building. To get down into it, there's a super steep ramp that eventually meets with level ground. I don't even have room to angle the car at the bottom of the ramp.

In all the reviews I've seen of Sto'N'Sho, people say it scrapes a little bit at times. Considering I have no clue how my bumper isn't scraping already, I'm almost positive that the bottom of the bracket would every single time I come home.

If it wasn't for that, I would have purchased it already. I may end up getting it in the future if I move out of here.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:41 AM   #16
Kairles

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS
I have a ZL1Addons plate holder on mine.

Kairles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:53 AM   #17
BAMF

Drives: The Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdavis2702 View Post
I definitely looked at the Sto'N'Sho bracket. I've seen that video and everything. The only reason I didn't pull the trigger right when I bought the car is because I live in the heart of downtown San Diego in a high-rise building and our parking garage is underneath the building. To get down into it, there's a super steep ramp that eventually meets with level ground. I don't even have room to angle the car at the bottom of the ramp.

In all the reviews I've seen of Sto'N'Sho, people say it scrapes a little bit at times. Considering I have no clue how my bumper isn't scraping already, I'm almost positive that the bottom of the bracket would every single time I come home.

If it wasn't for that, I would have purchased it already. I may end up getting it in the future if I move out of here.
Oh dang, that's crazy. I haven't had any scraping issues with mine, but then again, I haven't had to drive anywhere with a super steep ramp like you described there.

Well, whatever you end up doing, good luck, and post pics!

BAMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 09:39 AM   #18
Sev

Drives: 2016 2SS / 2004 Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMF View Post
When I got mine, they had a seperate one that was meant for front splitters. More recently, I have had people tell me the same model works for both.

That's good to hear, I bought the StoNSho while my car was still being built hehe.

"I'm going to drink you pretty, beautiful toad"
Sev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:20 AM   #19
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:

Aw man, that sucks, this would be such a neat solution.

The bracket indeed reduces clearance a bit, but it is curved slightly upwards to prevent the two metal bars from scraping. I took a shot in the garage, perhaps it helps judge how much leeway, if any, you would have. (Mind I don't have a splitter, though.)
Attached Images

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:27 AM   #20
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:

On the other hand, the Sto N Sho may protect your bumper from scraping. Much rather have the Sto N Sho scraped, which is easily replaceable. Nice product.
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:49 AM   #21
sdavis2702

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Aw man, that sucks, this would be such a neat solution.

The bracket indeed reduces clearance a bit, but it is curved slightly upwards to prevent the two metal bars from scraping. I took a shot in the garage, perhaps it helps judge how much leeway, if any, you would have. (Mind I don't have a splitter, though.)
Thanks for this! I may actually have someone else drive my car into the garage while I watch on foot. I may have more room than I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post
On the other hand, the Sto N Sho may protect your bumper from scraping. Much rather have the Sto N Sho scraped, which is easily replaceable. Nice product.
That's a damn good point.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:11 PM   #22
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Hoping to pick up a Sto N Sho at CamaroFest. Maybe they will be on sale.

SDavis, I like the way your car looks with the stripe. I'm trying to figure out what to put on the convertible.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:23 PM   #23
GOMD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS, 2023 Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
Hoping to pick up a Sto N Sho at CamaroFest. Maybe they will be on sale.

SDavis, I like the way your car looks with the stripe. I'm trying to figure out what to put on the convertible.

Just added the factory front splitter and needed to switch from regular one, to the sto n sho for ground effects.

I'll sell you my old one pretty cheap, if you'd like.

Let me know by PM if interested.
GOMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:36 PM   #24
sdavis2702

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
Thanks! I almost had the dealer remove them. That would have been a mistake. I LOVE them now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOMD View Post
Just added the factory front splitter and needed to switch from regular one, to the sto n sho for ground effects.

I'll sell you my old one pretty cheap, if you'd like.

Let me know by PM if interested.
Will PM you if I decide to give it a try! If you still have it when the time comes, that would be sweet. Thanks!
Old 04-16-2018, 03:18 PM   #25
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
What you may want for the 2019 SS is the current Sto n Show like this:

The plate comes off in seconds.

OOPs! duplicate post, sorry, so +1.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:40 PM   #26
sdavis2702

Sto'N'Go is gonna be so clutch for the 2019+, I think. There isn't a single place on either model bumper where drilling holes is acceptable. Not that it was acceptable 2016-2018, but at least the holes didn't have to be drilled into a prominent part of the bumper.

For the 2019+, that's just not the case. Sto'N'Go is gonna make bank.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:37 PM   #27
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Cars sold in states that require front plates must have a plate bracket supplied with the car...Some dealers take it upon themselves to install the bracket asap to throw on their dealership advertising...and this is often not what the customer wants done...I've never seen a license plate in any ad or story about the car...

...And as much as they talk about all the engineering involved in the front for cooling, ducting, air-flow, etc., a license plate is never mentioned. Nor is a plate in front ever integrated as part of the "styling".
It was integrated as part of the styling on the 3rd gen Camaro.

In fact, on the '82-'84 models, it looked sort of naked without something on the front. However, you might be too young to remember those early 3rd gens.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 11:54 AM   #28
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
This should be a good question for Ask Al. if that thread is still alive. Or at least get someone on here to tell us where they are going to put the front license plate bracket that you have to pay $40. extra for.

Tags
2019, license plate