Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 01-29-2019, 06:30 PM   #1
2016 1ss

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Intake question

Hey everyone,

Recently did a whipple on my 1le and plan on a few bolt ons to go with it, I currently have the NA version of the roto fab with the dry filter, would you recommend selling and getting the whipple version of it? I plan on bolt ons and blower only, no internal mods for quite some time. Is it with the upgrade?

Thank you
2016 1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 07:16 PM   #2
ShizzySupra

Drives: 16' Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016 1ss View Post
Hey everyone,

Recently did a whipple on my 1le and plan on a few bolt ons to go with it, I currently have the NA version of the roto fab with the dry filter, would you recommend selling and getting the whipple version of it? I plan on bolt ons and blower only, no internal mods for quite some time. Is it with the upgrade?

Thank you

No. Save your money.
ShizzySupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 03:32 PM   #3
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Our Supercharge intake for the Whipple gives you the a complete system designed to fit your application. Some 1/4 mile guys with higher HP builds say the our rigid tube offers performance benefits over the rubber tube which can partially collapse. We haven't tested this theory.Based on your performance goals and the fact you already have our NA system, you could save the money and stick with what you have. For you, appearance may be the main advantage to our complete SC system over what you have and that is subject to personal opinion.

For those with higher HP builds, we do have yet another option available for your build-the Big Gulp air intake system.
According to the feedback we've received so far, the Big Gulp air intake is showing about a 20 HP gain over the standard Roto-fab ZL1 intake system on cars above 750 RWHP. Also, this system is designed to be used with a larger throttle body.

For those of you that haven't seen our Big Gulp CAI for the 6th gen Camaro, here it is! We offer versions for both the ZL1 and the SS equipped with the LT4, Magnuson, Whipple and E-Force superchargers. The car pictured was used for illustrative purposes as it does still have the stock throttle body. The coupler we supply with the Big Gulp system steps down to 4 1/4" at the throttle body end for coupling to 102/103 mm throttle bodies. We do offer a sleeve adapter for use with the stock throttle body; however, the larger throttle bodies will offer better performance with this product.

Last edited by Roto-fab 1; 01-30-2019 at 04:07 PM.
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 03:54 PM   #4
2016 1ss

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
Our Supercharge intake for the Whipple gives you the a complete system designed to fit your application. Some 1/4 mile guys with higher HP builds say the our rigid tube offers performance benefits over the rubber tube which can partially collapse. We haven't tested this theory.Based on your performance goals and the fact you already have our NA system, you could save the money and stick with what you have. For you, appearance may be the main advantage to our complete SC system over what you have and that is subject to personal opinion.

For those with higher HP builds, we do have yet another option available for your build-the Big Gulp air intake system.
According to the feedback we've received so far, the Big Gulp air intake is showing about a 20 HP gain over the standard Roto-fab ZL1 intake system on cars above 750 RWHP. Also, this system is designed to be used with a larger throttle body. Based on your immediate plans, I would recommend sticking with what you have for now. As more test information becomes available, we will be sharing it with all of you.

For those of you that haven't seen our Big Gulp CAI for the 6th gen Camaro, here it is! We offer versions for both the ZL1 and the SS equipped with the LT4, Magnuson, Whipple and E-Force superchargers. The car pictured was used for illustrative purposes as it does still have the stock throttle body. The coupler we supply with the Big Gulp system steps down to 4 1/4" at the throttle body end for coupling to 102/103 mm throttle bodies. We do offer a sleeve adapter for use with the stock throttle body; however, the larger throttle bodies will offer better performance with this product.

Thanks for confirming!
2016 1ss is offline   Reply With Quote