Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 11-17-2023, 06:44 AM   #15
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
I don't know the particulars on the DSX, but I had such great success with the TooHighPsi Port I wouldn't consider anything else. Mike and the team have some really fast cars out there. I'm proud of what they've done for the DI community, my affiliation with them has been a great experience. I know Mike continues to work hard improving the Reflex for his future and current customers. Good luck on your choice.
Thanks Laynlo, I just have to sit back and wait to see what DSX is all about. I am all for a system that doesn’t add any extra controllers if possible. The direct plate system is the way to go and adding a better fuel pump instead of an inline pump is much better. If you can control DI and DP thru HP tuners that’s golden IMO. I am just getting advice and choosing the product that’s best for my set up. So if it’s ToohighPSI or DSX I am fine with that. My loyalty is to my car. Lol
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 08:03 AM   #16
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
Thanks Laynlo, I just have to sit back and wait to see what DSX is all about. I am all for a system that doesn’t add any extra controllers if possible. The direct plate system is the way to go and adding a better fuel pump instead of an inline pump is much better. If you can control DI and DP thru HP tuners that’s golden IMO. I am just getting advice and choosing the product that’s best for my set up. So if it’s ToohighPSI or DSX I am fine with that. My loyalty is to my car. Lol
What I read is the DSX can be activated and tuned from the stock ECU but there is going to likely be some sort of interface controller. Reason being there are no additional injector outputs on the E92 ECU, so something has to interface in that regard to trigger the 8 port injectors.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 09:03 AM   #17
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
What I read is the DSX can be activated and tuned from the stock ECU but there is going to likely be some sort of interface controller. Reason being there are no additional injector outputs on the E92 ECU, so something has to interface in that regard to trigger the 8 port injectors.
Makes sense. Unless he is retrofitting the LT5 ECU…probably not likely haha.
Old 12-06-2023, 05:41 PM   #18
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
I wonder if he was able to integrate some of the LT5 program into the LT1/4 operating systems. That would essentially be OEM level DI and port injection control if so. So…that’s why I’m waiting lol.
Talking to a builder/tuner that has a scoop on DSX direct port system. Josh sounds exactly what you said earlier about using the LT5 program into their system. Game breaking, hope it’s out soon.
Attached Images

Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 06:53 PM   #19
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
Talking to a builder/tuner that has a scoop on DSX direct port system. Josh sounds exactly what you said earlier about using the LT5 program into their system. Game breaking, hope it’s out soon.