Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-02-2015, 08:55 PM   #253
javi05

Drives: 14 ss 1le camaro
Sorry I think its your dealer ! I drive me car hard and they know it at my dealer I have the transmission 1st and 2nd gears plus other things and now recently replaced the left head and valves because I bent a valve. They told me as long as I didn't modify my car they would warranty it. I'm at 20k miles. No problem at my dealer ... Try another

2014 camaro 2ss 1LE. blk on blk..stock
javi05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:56 PM   #254
hcsi99
Cadillac Service Manager

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS, 1LE, NPP, RECAROS
This^
Old 02-02-2015, 10:25 PM   #255
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
So I sent this to GMCS....interesting reply, pretty much says it ALL, doesn't it:

XXXXX, please explain this video, which was a factor in me purchasing this car:

Al tells me it's a "track car" but CS does not.

Craig XXXXX

Craig,

Thanks for your reply. As a customer care advocate, I'm unable to provide commentary on the video included.

xxxxxxxxx
Chevrolet Customer Care

Sadly this will go the way of everything we hate about our devolving life in this country. Chevy will get pushed so far they will start doing stupid stuff like forcing us to remove our key FOBs, stop making cool engineer videos for fear of litigation and ultimately stop making track cars for the masses. It's like the Dr. Seuss story about the traffula trees., The Lorax We keep pushing and going in what seems like a logical direction for ourselves only to ruin the future for others.

Being reflective, what is more important. Being right or effective? Maybe there's another approach. Like the book "A Year in Province" the Englishman learns an important lesson from the French to take a human approach to accomplishing all his "tasks".

-CRT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:02 PM   #256
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
But the video is NOT a salesman, THAT is the difference. let's change the video to a straw man issue:

"Hi I am the chief engineer at XXXXXX engineering, I guarantee if your allow all 4 lanes of traffic, loaded with 18 wheelers, on our bridge, it will be just fine"

Think the government is going to sue?
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:14 AM   #257
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
While I do completely understand and actually own an untracked "track ready" car too, I also believe that any chevy engineer, assembler, corporate wig, hell even the ceo speak to the masses and their word, videos, and promo articles are all in fact sales literature. The bottom line is the legal text in the warranty paperwork and associated disclaimers. If your dealer treats you better than that then hang on to them tooth n nail. And hope they dont replace the service manager. They are probably giving you extra service in hopes your word of mouth sells cars. Some businessmen actually do care about their reputation in order to get peat and repeat business. But that is rare these days.

If every dealer went exactly by the book, you would likely see alot less happy customers.

Not trying to piss on anyones cheerios. I want to track my car too. But i have decided to wait untill the warranty is close to expiration for the exact reasons outlined in this thread.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:46 AM   #258
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
But the video is NOT a salesman, THAT is the difference. let's change the video to a straw man issue:

"Hi I am the chief engineer at XXXXXX engineering, I guarantee if your allow all 4 lanes of traffic, loaded with 18 wheelers, on our bridge, it will be just fine"

Think the government is going to sue?
Not if the actual warranty for the bridge says something different than the engineer said. And don't kid yourself, Al is a salesman through and through. He is an engineer as well, but he is a salesman.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:15 AM   #259
gajagfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi05 View Post
Sorry I think its your dealer ! I drive me car hard and they know it at my dealer I have the transmission 1st and 2nd gears plus other things and now recently replaced the left head and valves because I bent a valve. They told me as long as I didn't modify my car they would warranty it. I'm at 20k miles. No problem at my dealer ... Try another
It's the dealer, or the relationship that OP has with the dealer. I am approaching 25K on our car. No problems accept they got the inside dirty once changing the oil, and forgot to reset the % deal once. My Mom has a Traverse from them, and my daughter's car came from the same place. We have a good relationship and no problems. I can say that about every dealer I have used in my 30 some years of being involved with dealers. Have they done some stupid stuff, yes, but so have I. I am not putting blame on OP or the dealer because I do not know all the facts.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:54 AM   #260
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
the clutch setup on the 4thgen is almost identical to 5th gen..which sucks. but keep reaching out to GM corp, write letter to various people keep buging them they will listen and get if fixed for you

but in the mean time. I would put some money on the side and upgrade the whole damn clutch
McLead makes some great twin disk clutches! get a new slave and a bleeder line ls1tech should have some good write up about this .

ps I have a mclead rst in my car
Old 02-03-2015, 11:59 AM   #261
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
In the end , we find that if you want to play your going to pay . Play big ,pay big .
Old 02-03-2015, 12:02 PM   #262
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
I'd wonder if the 1LE crowd upgrades to the ZL1 dual clutch if this would fix this issue?

Just a though......
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 12:22 PM   #263
backeddy
Banned

Quote:
I'd wonder if the 1LE crowd upgrades to the ZL1 dual clutch if this would fix this issue?

Just a though......
That's a good question, but I feel the issue is most likely the master cylinder or the slave, it only happens under high heat/high stress in my case. I flush and fill with 600 before every track event and have always had the issue. The problem is that many owners have the same exact issue under street conditions, some with only 1200 miles on the car. Mine is not to the point of not having a clutch pedal fail to return, but I was trying to be proactive and fix it before then. I was upfront an honest with GM about the issue and they ended up using that against me. I guess you have to lie to get service from them...Sad.

All of you idiots saying "pay to play" etc. I get that, but not when it happened THE VERY FIRST HIGH SPEED SHIFT, do you get that? The first one...not the 10th or the 30th, The VERY FIRST ONE. That is not MY PROBLEM, that is a DESIGN PROBLEM. Period.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:58 PM   #264
gajagfan

Quote:
That's a good question, but I feel the issue is most likely the master cylinder or the slave, it only happens under high heat/high stress in my case. I flush and fill with 600 before every track event and have always had the issue. The problem is that many owners have the same exact issue under street conditions, some with only 1200 miles on the car. Mine is not to the point of not having a clutch pedal fail to return, but I was trying to be proactive and fix it before then. I was upfront an honest with GM about the issue and they ended up using that against me. I guess you have to lie to get service from them...Sad.

All of you idiots saying "pay to play" etc. I get that, but not when it happened THE VERY FIRST HIGH SPEED SHIFT, do you get that? The first one...not the 10th or the 30th, The VERY FIRST ONE. That is not MY PROBLEM, that is a DESIGN PROBLEM. Period.
I assume this first high speed shift occurred when you first got the car, long before it had been tracked. Why did you not take it back to the dealer then? I may have missed something, and if i did, sorry, but this does not add up for me.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:43 PM   #265
backeddy
Banned

Quote:
I assume this first high speed shift occurred when you first got the car, long before it had been tracked. Why did you not take it back to the dealer then? I may have missed something, and if i did, sorry, but this does not add up for me.
I DD my car, it is my business car for my job, it has never seen high speed, high rpm shifts, on the street. Only one time did I do a 6000+rpm shift on the street and that was just a 1-2 to shut up a "my v6 mustang is as fast as your car" coworker. I did this with all nanny controls off, so he would shut the eff up, once and for all. I am 49 years old, my street racing days are long gone, I am just glad no one ever got hurt while being stupid. This car went directly to the shop from the track, the very first time it happened and this is where we are 3 months later after my dealer and GMCS wielded the "abuse" axe because there was rubber in my wheel wells. Do you get that? Rubber=Abused. I was honest with GM and this is what happened, in this case it would of paid to lie to them.....
Old 02-03-2015, 10:13 PM   #266
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post

Just a though......
Just to comment on this. The ZL1 is promoted as a track ready car with track warranty and part of the reason for the 4,100lbs was to upgrade the car to take the beatings it is built for. Being a track capable car is not the same as a track built car which is why the vast price discrepancy. I do get it when the 1LE guys see these cars as being ready and because they are damn fast.

But lets be honest here, a ZL has roughly 1/3 of the car exclusive to handle the beatings and the 1LE is an SS with an option package. Yes you can AutoX and do some HPDE with it but if you are getting serious about chasing speed and time you either have to build up the car which will void the warranty or trade it to a tougher built version. Both mean more $$$.

Option 3 is keep your 1LE but know its limitations in stock form and enjoy it for what it has to offer. JMHO...

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote