Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 10-25-2023, 12:53 PM   #1
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Winter build ideas?

In my never ending quest for more power I have already set my goals and mods to add over the winter months. I would like to hear what others are planning.

This is the last week for the Camaro till it’s parked for 5 months. I just recently did my last dyno run yesterday in hopes of seeing how the track tune that’s in the 800’s would react to the FI chiller. Turns out yes the chiller does reduce temps but not as much as I thought and recovery time was better. But the tune was still a bit too spicy and the injectors are approaching the max. So we settle on a 750 RWHP tune and last day to make a run at the track is this Friday weather permitting. The plan is to add the DSX fuel kit, 30% bigger injectors, port the backend of the SC with Kongs X-Port and finally run E50-60. I know a few people here will say finally adding Ethanol to the mix. The problem here is No ethanol gas stations, I will have to get 55 gallon drums delivered to my garage.

So what are the guys that put their cars in storage have planned for mods?

Side note: I will have a set of LT4 stock injectors for sale once I pull off the supercharger upcoming. Probably not even 1,000 miles on them. Looking for $300 for the set.

Another side note:
I originally was catless and then added free flow cats last year. Well during dyno run yesterday the tuner thought something was up and wanted to check the cats out. Well the only way to check them out was to cut one off. Yup they where starting to close up, so I am now catless again.

https://youtube.com/shorts/aX3OJa669uc?feature=shared
Attached Images

Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver

Last edited by BlackbeastSS2; 10-25-2023 at 01:06 PM.
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 02:39 PM   #2
jd2021

Drives: 2023 Camaro SS1LE
I've been trying to round out my build as well this winter, first thing first though is I'm probably going to get a set of winter tires since the snow where I live is usually gone within 2-3 days and all that prevents me from driving is the sub 40* weather.

Plan to forge out my bottom end with an L8T crank and a piston/rod kit from tsp, LT4 fueling system, E85, headers, and prep the valvetrain for boost. I don't plan to get intake/tb/manifold because I eventually plan to get a supercharger and I don't want to buy parts just to sell them haha.

Aiming for ~500rwhp at my altitude(5500+ ft) but we'll see. Aiming for reliability over squeezing the last ounce of power out of my car.

I've been following your build for a while and I'm sure you've already state why, but just curious as to why you're staying with the LT4 blower instead of going for something bigger with the HP you're aiming for? Regardless, your build is one of the builds that has me flip flopping between a bigger blower or the LT4 blower for my needs.
jd2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 03:01 PM   #3
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2021 View Post
I've been trying to round out my build as well this winter, first thing first though is I'm probably going to get a set of winter tires since the snow where I live is usually gone within 2-3 days and all that prevents me from driving is the sub 40* weather.

Plan to forge out my bottom end with an L8T crank and a piston/rod kit from tsp, LT4 fueling system, E85, headers, and prep the valvetrain for boost. I don't plan to get intake/tb/manifold because I eventually plan to get a supercharger and I don't want to buy parts just to sell them haha.

Aiming for ~500rwhp at my altitude(5500+ ft) but we'll see. Aiming for reliability over squeezing the last ounce of power out of my car.

I've been following your build for a while and I'm sure you've already state why, but just curious as to why you're staying with the LT4 blower instead of going for something bigger with the HP you're aiming for? Regardless, your build is one of the builds that has me flip flopping between a bigger blower or the LT4 blower for my needs.
Nice in regards to your planned build. What cam are you going with? I did the EL7 cam and my forged NA build did 527rwhp without E85. You should be higher with the E I think then my 527. Also do the lower compression pistons for your build because u want to do a SC later. My mistake is I purchased Diamond piston at stock comparison and that hurt my higher HP because I can’t add as much timing. I thought I was going to stay NA but the SC bug bit me. I got a deal with the conversion kit and a great deal on a new SC 1.7 SC from a shop that I had traded some Nitrous parts with is the reason I got the stock blower. The 1.7 packs a instant hit and especially on a manual and true it can’t make as much power as the higher aftermarket SC. Do i regret it, no. Because I really can’t imagine driving 1000 plus car on the street, ask Josh. It’s a handful.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 03:10 PM   #4
jd2021

Drives: 2023 Camaro SS1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
Nice in regards to your planned build. What cam are you going with? I did the EL7 cam and my forged NA build did 527rwhp without E85. You should be higher with the E I think then my 527. Also do the lower compression pistons for your build because u want to do a SC later. My mistake is I purchased Diamond piston at stock comparison and that hurt my higher HP because I can’t add as much timing. I thought I was going to stay NA but the SC bug bit me. I got a deal with the conversion kit and a great deal on a new SC 1.7 SC from a shop that I had traded some Nitrous parts with is the reason I got the stock blower. The 1.7 packs a instant hit and especially on a manual and true it can’t make as much power as the higher aftermarket SC. Do i regret it, no. Because I really can’t imagine driving 1000 plus car on the street, ask Josh. It’s a handful.
I'm going to probably talk to BTR about their cams, as I know they spintron test their camshafts and I want to up my rev limit a little but also want the valvetrain to survive, so was thinking about going with a BTR220. I don't really plan on going for super high hp numbers, as most of my high speed activities are going to be road course/autox and even though I know its a PITA to keep blown cars cool under those conditions, I've always wanted to supercharge a car so I'll deal with those issues as they arise, and the car is going to be dd for about 90% of the time anyway since I can only really go to the track once or twice every couple of months.
jd2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 04:58 PM   #5
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
Because I really can’t imagine driving 1000 plus car on the street, ask Josh. It’s a handful.