Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-08-2019, 10:51 AM   #15
Clearly_Canadian

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
This drives me nuts. so irregular and unpredictable. I always end up goosing the throttle and end up looking like I'm "showing off" because if I don't and the hill start is on I will stall the damn thing. Damn throttle on these is so touchy as it is. some time it revs to the moon, other is barely lets you move without falling on its face. I have driven stick for 25 years so I know what I am doing. these cars are seriously emotional!
Old 11-08-2019, 11:03 AM   #16
madscotsman

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearly_Canadian View Post
This drives me nuts. so irregular and unpredictable. I always end up goosing the throttle and end up looking like I'm "showing off" because if I don't and the hill start is on I will stall the damn thing. Damn throttle on these is so touchy as it is. some time it revs to the moon, other is barely lets you move without falling on its face. I have driven stick for 25 years so I know what I am doing. these cars are seriously emotional!

It doesn't help that the clutch has 4-5" of dead space when you release it from the floor before it engages either. The ONE thing I hate about this car is the clutch engagement.
madscotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 11:39 AM   #17
Clearly_Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscotsman View Post
It doesn't help that the clutch has 4-5" of dead space when you release it from the floor before it engages either. The ONE thing I hate about this car is the clutch engagement.
Exactly! This too! I love this car, but it is just so finicky. I swear it is alive and just has good days and bad days like the rest of us!
Old 11-08-2019, 05:16 PM   #18
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
Quote:
I endured 4K miles of it stalling and jerking on take offs with an occasional smooth launch, been driving stick for 40+ years. I installed a ported throttle body and a throttle controller and it transformed the car, its a pleasure to drive now. The hill assist is useless and I tried the OP's "stand on the brake" with negative results.
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 04:50 AM   #19
69-SS396

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
I'd be OK with having a manual handbrake again or at least a button to turn this feature on and off. As others have said, the unpredictability of its operation and the clutch engagement make it a pain.
69-SS396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 01:24 PM   #20
Clearly_Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior102 View Post
I endured 4K miles of it stalling and jerking on take offs with an occasional smooth launch, been driving stick for 40+ years. I installed a ported throttle body and a throttle controller and it transformed the car, its a pleasure to drive now. The hill assist is useless and I tried the OP's "stand on the brake" with negative results.
Hmmm, throttle body and a controller eh? What kind of parts are you using? I wouldn't mind giving this a go. Is a tune required?
Old 11-09-2019, 02:14 PM   #21
SteelShadows

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE
I don't remember the part, but if you go through the camaro5 forums people did something similar. They didn't like having hill assist at all, regardless of how it worked, and they swapped out one part for the equivalent from the automatic so it wouldn't engage hill assist regardless of the situation.

I'm not positive if it will still work, it was 5th gen after all, but it was a quick fix.
SteelShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 03:11 PM   #22
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelShadows View Post
I don't remember the part, but if you go through the camaro5 forums people did something similar. They didn't like having hill assist at all, regardless of how it worked, and they swapped out one part for the equivalent from the automatic so it wouldn't engage hill assist regardless of the situation.

I'm not positive if it will still work, it was 5th gen after all, but it was a quick fix.
Yaw sensor ??
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 05:00 PM   #23
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
Quote:
Hmmm, throttle body and a controller eh? What kind of parts are you using? I wouldn't mind giving this a go. Is a tune required?
I started with a Tony Mamo TB (good) and a Vitesse controller, jumped on the Solar TB train and liked that better, Solar now offers a TC so I would go that route. No tune is required, I'm under warranty so that was the best solution for me. I ended up leaving the TC on 4 and couldn't be happier, its a different car.
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:17 AM   #24
cthompson07

Drives: 2016 hyper blue 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelShadows View Post

My 17 v6 a8 had hill start assist. It engaged as frequently as my 16 SS m6 does.
cthompson07 is offline   Reply With Quote