Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-07-2022, 05:02 PM   #1
ImAHardWorker

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
2016 v6 Camaro Possible Upgrades?

Hi everybody, I’m looking to make upgrades to my 2016 v6 Camaro for more horsepower. My goal is to be able to achieve a horsepower gain in the high 400 close to 500 and I don’t have a budget so I’m comfortable with spending money. I haven’t did anything to the car at all and before the “just sell it and get a v8” come around then I’m already telling you it’s a no. I like my car, LOVE it actually. I like my seats, steering wheel, radio, mirror, the paint, literally everything about this car. I just want more horsepower and I would like for somebody to point me into a direction of that. I was looking at the edlebrock stage 1 supercharger kit and I’m trying to steer away from that, I was hoping to get pro charger or if possible then a twin turbo kit but I want the maximum power available and I do not want to buy a v8. So if somebody knows a good amount information about this it would high appreciated.

Months ago almost to a year I was considering spending 35k-50k to get a v8 motor and tranny swapped into this vehicle but everybody told me not to do it and it wouldn’t work. But now I can’t keep waiting, this is my life, my money, and my memories and I’m not waiting any longer to do something I really want to do so if anybody can help me then thanks!
ImAHardWorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 05:59 PM   #2
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAHardWorker View Post
Hi everybody, I’m looking to make upgrades to my 2016 v6 Camaro for more horsepower. My goal is to be able to achieve a horsepower gain in the high 400 close to 500 and I don’t have a budget so I’m comfortable with spending money. I haven’t did anything to the car at all and before the “just sell it and get a v8” come around then I’m already telling you it’s a no. I like my car, LOVE it actually. I like my seats, steering wheel, radio, mirror, the paint, literally everything about this car. I just want more horsepower and I would like for somebody to point me into a direction of that. I was looking at the edlebrock stage 1 supercharger kit and I’m trying to steer away from that, I was hoping to get pro charger or if possible then a twin turbo kit but I want the maximum power available and I do not want to buy a v8. So if somebody knows a good amount information about this it would high appreciated.

Months ago almost to a year I was considering spending 35k-50k to get a v8 motor and tranny swapped into this vehicle but everybody told me not to do it and it wouldn’t work. But now I can’t keep waiting, this is my life, my money, and my memories and I’m not waiting any longer to do something I really want to do so if anybody can help me then thanks!
Well - I know you already said 'no' but I just don't see the point if its just the seats, steering wheel, radio and paint that keep you attached to the car. You can literally find the exact same options in a V8 car for alot less money and headache, and have more power potential. I've had memories in several cars in the past too but I let go to move forward. It sucks at first but when you realize the upgrade potential of the LT1, you thank yourself for it later. Personally I've blown off way more money than I've needed to in trying to mod cars.. ..I'd stick with simple and straight forward if I could go back and do it all over again as its much less headache, less customization, less money and heartache and more time to actually enjoy it.

If you're dead set on it, I'd look into seeing what it would take to make an Caddillac ATS Turbo system work. They also use a 3.6 Motor but probably have forged internals. If you got it to work, your car would be truly custom, but I'm not entirely sure if its possible... That or the OverKill supercharger. Both will need an E85 tune and supporting boltons. The problem with the V6 isn't potential but rather lack of aftermarket support and options.

I was thinking the same thing when I had my 2017 Camaro 1LT:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=516736

But I ended up trading for a 2SS instead and haven't looked back.

Last edited by Need4Camaro; 07-07-2022 at 09:39 PM.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 06:22 PM   #3
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
I agree with need4camaro, sell the v6 and buy a v8, especially if it is automatic. Why? The automatic v6 does not have a limited slip differential (one wheel peel) and would never hook or put down the power well with that much power.
If by some miracle your v6 is manual, it comes equipped with a limited slip differential from the factory. I would consider the procharger kit for a v6 camaro if it is manual and do the P1X blower upgrade.
The exhaust manifold is permanently attached to the heads of the v6, so turbo'ing an LGX V6 is beyond a challenge.
Honestly, if you want to go faster in an automatic v6, just put a wet nitrous kit on it and tune it for the nitrous on 93 octane.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 06:31 PM   #4
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
intake exhaust tune nos supercharge or v8 swap lol up to you
Old 07-07-2022, 07:04 PM   #5
ImAHardWorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Well - I know you already said 'no' but I just don't see the point if its just the seats, steering wheel, radio and paint that keep you attached to the car. You can literally find the exact same options in a V8 car for alot less money and headache, and have more power potential. I've had memories in several cars in the past too but I let go to move forward.
It’s just not that why I’m attached to the car, but I’m just not selling it no matter what. If the engine blow up I would just buy another one. That’s how content I am on keeping this car, my BABY for life. But I will look into those turbos.
Old 07-07-2022, 07:08 PM   #6
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Just my personal opinion, if this your absolute daily driver I wouldn't do a supercharger ot turbo setup. At the power you are wanting it would be at the limits of the stock internals. Of course if you go forged then that's completely different. If it's just a weekend/summer toy more or less then hell yeah boost that baby and enjoy
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 07:10 PM   #7
ImAHardWorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
intake exhaust tune nos supercharge or v8 swap lol up to you
I really want to swap a v8 into here but people keep telling me “no”. And I’m honestly tired of it, if it can be done then I want that to be done. I know it’s more then just swapping out the motor, I have the money for it so if it can be done then point me into the right direction please.!
Old 07-07-2022, 07:10 PM   #8
LT1ornothing

Quote:
It’s just not that why I’m attached to the car, but I’m just not selling it no matter what. If the engine blow up I would just buy another one. That’s how content I am on keeping this car, my BABY for life. But I will look into those turbos.
Like I said, the exhaust manifolds are permanently attached to the heads on your V6. If turboing the LGX v6 could be easily accomplished it would have been done by now, but good luck on your crusade.
Old 07-07-2022, 07:14 PM   #9
ImAHardWorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
Just my personal opinion, if this your absolute daily driver I wouldn't do a supercharger ot turbo setup. At the power you are wanting it would be at the limits of the stock internals. Of course if you go forged then that's completely different. If it's just a weekend/summer toy more or less then hell yeah boost that baby and enjoy
I have 2 other cars in my yard for daily driving.
Old 07-07-2022, 07:16 PM   #10
ImAHardWorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
Like I said, the exhaust manifolds are permanently attached to the heads on your V6. If turboing the LGX v6 could be easily accomplished it would have been done by now, but good luck on your crusade.
Thank you
Old 07-07-2022, 07:26 PM   #11
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
If you are not happy with the power get a V8. You will become more in love when you have the power you desire. You will also have limited slip. I'm happy with my v6 , I think the manual transmission helps. I'm convinced constant use of premium fuel helps.
Gen6cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 07:35 PM   #12
ImAHardWorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6cyl View Post
If you are not happy with the power get a V8. You will become more in love when you have the power you desire. You will also have limited slip. I'm happy with my v6 , I think the manual transmission helps. I'm convinced constant use of premium fuel helps.
I don’t want to do that, especially if I can just have upgrades on my car and it performs how I want. Whatever price it is I want it done.
Old 07-07-2022, 07:37 PM   #13
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
Oh boy
Gen6cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 07:43 PM   #14
LT1ornothing

Quote:
I don’t want to do that, especially if I can just have upgrades on my car and it performs how I want. Whatever price it is I want it done.
Everyone is trying to give you helpful advice, so you don't end up with a huge expensive mess on your hands, but you continue go against the grain and quite frankly, against common sense itself. Sadly, some people have to just find out the hard way. A new LT1 after trading in your v6 would save so much time, money, and headaches that you just can not begin to comprehend.