Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-11-2016, 12:58 PM   #29
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjterminella View Post
This morning I went to my local dealership because I saw that they had a 50th anniversary sitting on the showroom floor and I had to check it out. When I got there I was vigorously walking around the car going over every inch of it. In doing so, I came to the conclusion that the 50th anniversary is the one for me if I ever got one. Once I was finished I took a step back and realized something that bothered the hell out of me... the wheels. The fact that they are not symmetrical like most other wheels and that they are facing, what I would call, the "correct" way on the right side but not the same way on the left made my OCD go through the roof. Am I the only one who is bothered by this?

Here is a link to the car
http://www.chevroletoffayetteville.c...-15214909.html
I got the red 2017 1SS, I see you have the 2SS' is that why mine doesn't have the FIFTY BADGE on the side only on the steering wheel? I have my dealer looking into it
Attached Images

Old 07-11-2016, 07:53 PM   #30
jjterminella

Drives: 2015 2ss/1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
I got the red 2017 1SS, I see you have the 2SS' is that why mine doesn't have the FIFTY BADGE on the side only on the steering wheel? I have my dealer looking into it
I didn't actually buy the car, but in order to get the "FIFTY" on the side of the car you must have the 50th anniversary package, which is only available on the 2LT($2600) and the 2SS($1800) models. I believe that all of the 2017s have the "FIFTY" on the steering wheel though.
jjterminella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 07:56 PM   #31
nbryant

Drives: 2016 2SS Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Good eye OP. I don't like that either. The point should be to the back of the car. Driver side doesn't look right. Must be a first year wheel designer that did them. Not a fan. For 50 years they could have done much better. Where are these babies at?
These are one option/mod I am considering for a future install. Love the look even though the newer versions are not as "deep" as the originals.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:11 PM   #32
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
They're like the salad shooters from the early 4th gen, asymmetrical and just odd when u walk around the other side of the car
z28pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:25 PM   #33
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjterminella View Post
This morning I went to my local dealership because I saw that they had a 50th anniversary sitting on the showroom floor and I had to check it out. When I got there I was vigorously walking around the car going over every inch of it. In doing so, I came to the conclusion that the 50th anniversary is the one for me if I ever got one. Once I was finished I took a step back and realized something that bothered the hell out of me... the wheels. The fact that they are not symmetrical like most other wheels and that they are facing, what I would call, the "correct" way on the right side but not the same way on the left made my OCD go through the roof. Am I the only one who is bothered by this?

Here is a link to the car
http://www.chevroletoffayetteville.c...-15214909.html

Should it say Fitty? Or Fourty Two?
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
50th, anniversary, wheels