Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Texas

AWE Tuning

Old 01-08-2016, 02:07 AM   #1
dreamst8
WrkrBee

Drives: 16 Hyper & 11 Victory
We did it! 192,000+ miles on our 2010 Gen5!

Well, an amazing ride it has been. This has literally been, my daily driver since March of 2010. Faithfully travelling the roads of DFW, Waco, Austin, San Antonio, Houston, OKC & Tulsa for work. What a ride! No mods except replacing the steering wheel with an ACE custom flat bottom, interior graphics and tires..lots and lots of tires.... We are continuing ownership of my wife's 2011 Red 2LT RS V6, but the Yellow turns to Blue in a day or so...Lots of cool memories, photos, trips for ice cream, wiping the smile from stupid Mustang owners faces, beating a few others I probably shouldn't have also... It was an appreciated opportunity to meeting Al & Tom at the Find New Roads Event at TMS in early Nov and we talked about the mileage I have driven, he thinks this car is in a class of its own at nearly 200,000 miles..not too many stories of this...I am excited to move on to a Hyper Blue, the color I have ALWAYS called Camaro...time to find some new roads myself...See y'all out there!
Attached Images

2011 2 LT/RS Victory Red V6 M6
dreamst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:18 AM   #2
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
Very cool! I am planning on doing the same with the 6th gen 1ss Hyper blue. I think this is what these Camaro's have always been meant for: To drive the wheels off of them! Here's to 200k miles on the 6th gen!
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 05:36 PM   #3
dreamst8
WrkrBee

Waiting (im)patiently for my Hyper Blue 2LT/RS to become available..not too many (3) that were anywhere near DFW ... all in PDI or hold waiting for other lookers... I am ready to buy!!!!

Old 01-18-2016, 10:12 PM   #4
dreamst8
WrkrBee

Finally got one tonight!

1LT/RS V6 Hyper Blue A8 COnv Pkg, White Pearl Stripes on order and then the Expel protective coating on the front. My traded Bumblebee is in the background.. :-( Gonna miss than fun ride..what a great 6 years and OVER 193,400 miles!
Attached Images

Old 04-12-2016, 08:08 AM   #5
Taco Time

Drives: 2014 1SS
That is an accomplishment! Congrats on the new ride. I absolutely love that color blue!
Taco Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:51 PM   #6
Wiskey

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro
That is awesome to see a higher mileage 2010! And you kept it in fantastic shape! If I might ask, what problems did you have over the years?

I'm sure it won't translate perfectly to our Gen 6's, but I'm curious to know what to expect coming from a lifetime of only owning foreign cars. My Gen6 is a daily driver and I expect to hit 100,000 in 4 years or less.

Thanks,
Whiskey
Wiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:15 PM   #7
dreamst8
WrkrBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiskey View Post
That is awesome to see a higher mileage 2010! And you kept it in fantastic shape! If I might ask, what problems did you have over the years?

I'm sure it won't translate perfectly to our Gen 6's, but I'm curious to know what to expect coming from a lifetime of only owning foreign cars. My Gen6 is a daily driver and I expect to hit 100,000 in 4 years or less.

Thanks,
Whiskey
Thank you, I took really good care of this car, and kept in spectacular shape.

No major issues. Had some fuel hiccups at about 140k miles. Engine lost power one day, sputtered and kicked and smelled to high-heaven of rotten eggs..limped home a few miles to my mechanic, tore it down, checked injectors, fuel delivery etc..tested everything, injectors were spot on and CLEAN, so no replacements parts needed, put it back to together and worked perfect. Happened 2 more times, and per the mechanics suggestion, disconnect battery and computer module, turn ignition to drain all power and reassemble to reset computer..each time it worked..amazing..thankfully! I switched gas to Exxon entirely after that and it seemed to be ok. What I don't like is the inability to reasonably replace the fuel pump, fuel filter etc..hard to know when this stuff is gonna fail!

Replaced water pump at 178k miles, that was easy

Plugs replaced at 148k, they were still light brown, and to spec..impressive.

On a side note...I always had trouble starting the car at the gas station after fill up when the fuel blends started changing...until I left the vehicle on one time during a fill up then it would be ok.(Costco does NOT like it when you leave a car running!!)...happened during fall change and spring change..anyone else have issues during blend changes?

Old 04-13-2016, 11:42 AM   #8
Wiskey

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamst8 View Post
Thank you, I took really good care of this car, and kept in spectacular shape.

No major issues. Had some fuel hiccups at about 140k miles. Engine lost power one day, sputtered and kicked and smelled to high-heaven of rotten eggs..limped home a few miles to my mechanic, tore it down, checked injectors, fuel delivery etc..tested everything, injectors were spot on and CLEAN, so no replacements parts needed, put it back to together and worked perfect. Happened 2 more times, and per the mechanics suggestion, disconnect battery and computer module, turn ignition to drain all power and reassemble to reset computer..each time it worked..amazing..thankfully! I switched gas to Exxon entirely after that and it seemed to be ok. What I don't like is the inability to reasonably replace the fuel pump, fuel filter etc..hard to know when this stuff is gonna fail!

Replaced water pump at 178k miles, that was easy

Plugs replaced at 148k, they were still light brown, and to spec..impressive.

On a side note...I always had trouble starting the car at the gas station after fill up when the fuel blends started changing...until I left the vehicle on one time during a fill up then it would be ok.(Costco does NOT like it when you leave a car running!!)...happened during fall change and spring change..anyone else have issues during blend changes?
That is what I like to hear! I'm surprised you never needed to change the struts, or alternator or starter, that's great! And Geez,.. Plugs to 148K? I usually do them every 2 years right before my smog check.

I had a jeep that would do the same thing with the not starting every once and a while deal. For me it was the anti-backsyphon valve in the fuel pump. It would stick open and allow the fuel pressure to drop to nothing and prevent the engine from running right occasionally. A new pump fixed it for good.

What is the trouble with replacing the fuel pump and fuel filter? I noticed that was not on the maintenance chart.

Whiskey
Wiskey is offline   Reply With Quote