Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-08-2020, 08:55 AM   #1
SGT Stretch

Drives: 2016 Hyper Metallic Blue SS
Fun times at the dealership...smh

Just got back from S. Korea after a year and a half tour there...take possession of my car and drive it from dallas to Tucson as I'm now stationed at Davis-Monthan. Noticed on the ride back I was having the TC shudder issue on my 16 A8 SS. I had no clue what it was at the time, but came here did some searching knowing y'all would have it and voila found it and the TSB. EZPZ call the dealer set up an appointment.

Now when I get here they are being difficult... even though the cars only got 21132 on it due to a deploycation in 17, and then my stint from may 18 - Nov 19 in Korea, I am out of my bumper to bumper window...no big deal I get it it's been more than 3 years but I still got powertrain. Show him the TSB, explain what needs to be done, he still says he has to quote me 145 bucks just to look at it and diagnose...then he will need the car for 3-4 days. Now he did say they were backed up which I can understand the 3-4 days on that...but when I asked for a courtesy car he's like nah...you're out of bumper to bumper..you can go rent a car from enterprise...

So here I am, with a known, documented issue, that will be warranty work..but I'd have to come out of pocket...seriously dude...I'm fuming...so now I'm gonna have to go to the other dealership and see what they can do cause this is unacceptable.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:12 AM   #2
Captain J

Drives: 2017 V6 RS Covertible
I feel your pain but let me say this: DO NOT go in there being loud and ranting right off the bat. Bite your tongue and be nice about it. Explain to them at the get go what you expect from them and there should not be a charge as it's a SB and should be 100% covered. As far as a loaner goes, ask if you can continue to drive the car until they can get it in otherwise you might have to rent a car since this really isn't warranty work. Good luck.
Captain J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 09:24 AM   #3
SGT Stretch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain J View Post
I feel your pain but let me say this: DO NOT go in there being loud and ranting right off the bat. Bite your tongue and be nice about it. Explain to them at the get go what you expect from them and there should not be a charge as it's a SB and should be 100% covered. As far as a loaner goes, ask if you can continue to drive the car until they can get it in otherwise you might have to rent a car since this really isn't warranty work. Good luck.
Yea I'm not an ass, I bite my tongue and am always courteous and professional..habit from the job. I come here to rant hahaha. I did ask about driving and setting up an appointment for the day they would get to it, and he said something along the lines of we could diagnose today but not fix till Friday so he would need it for the whole 3-4 days..so I'm just gonna move on to the other dealer in town, and If that doesn't pan out I'm going to Phoenix.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:50 AM   #4
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
I would call GM Customer Care and open a case with GM. GM still covers a courtesy loaner even under the power train warranty as well.

Sounds like that service adviser needs someone to explain to him how the GM warranty coverage actually works.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 10:01 AM   #5
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
The dealer I use (who sold me the car here in New England) did a little tap-dancing about the loaner when they had mine in for the TSB fluid flush. Same thing about how it was out of bumper-to-bumper warranty. I said ok, go ahead and charge me if you must (it was only for a day and was like 30 bucks IIRC) because I can't get there otherwise. I was nice about it. So, when I got there to pick up, they had either decided or found a way to not charge me for the loaner. This made me very happy.

Maybe you can make an appointment so they can get it all done in a day? The recent iteration of the TSB says that no diagnosis is required, that going off what the customer says is enough.

OP, I hope it goes well for you and thank you for your service!
Old 01-08-2020, 11:35 AM   #6
gotroost

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 1LE
Was this O'Rielly or Watson? Instead of Phoenix, you may want to try Sierra Vista. Been customer for years here at Sierra Vista and they have always treated me right. Might just be dumb luck or the fact that I have 3 Chevys in the stable and have been a Chevy owner since the 90s.

Last edited by gotroost; 01-08-2020 at 11:36 AM. Reason: typo
gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 12:03 PM   #7
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Can you print the service bulletin and highlight important parts. Also maybe print the warranty coverages and highlight what you need.

https://my.chevrolet.com/content/dam...ty3rdPrint.pdf (PAGE 39)

"If your vehicle requires warranty
repairs during the duration of your
vehicle’s powertrain warranty,
alternate transportation and/or
reimbursement of certain
transportation expenses may be
available under the Courtesy
Transportation Program."
Old 01-08-2020, 01:06 PM   #8
SGT Stretch

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotroost View Post
Was this O'Rielly or Watson? Instead of Phoenix, you may want to try Sierra Vista. Been customer for years here at Sierra Vista and they have always treated me right. Might just be dumb luck or the fact that I have 3 Chevys in the stable and have been a Chevy owner since the 90s.
It was O'Reilly.. I drove out to Watson right after my post and the oil change was done. Service manager there was super awesome..set up an appointment looked at the TSB, said they would still have to verify the shudder even though I know what I'm talking about, but said since it's a TSB and warranty work they will guarantee me a loaner car till mine is ready. Very impressed with Watson Chevrolet. I'll be going to them for all my needs now. Worth the 30min drive from my house.
Old 01-08-2020, 01:26 PM   #9
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Glad it worked out
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 03:32 PM   #10
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT Stretch View Post
It was O'Reilly.. I drove out to Watson right after my post and the oil change was done. Service manager there was super awesome..set up an appointment looked at the TSB, said they would still have to verify the shudder even though I know what I'm talking about, but said since it's a TSB and warranty work they will guarantee me a loaner car till mine is ready. Very impressed with Watson Chevrolet. I'll be going to them for all my needs now. Worth the 30min drive from my house.
Excellent! A good shop is worth driving a little father to.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:07 PM   #11
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Watson is way better than O'riellys for repairs. I also have heard rumor they are more mod friendly.
95 imp is offline   Reply With Quote