Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-24-2022, 04:27 PM   #1
Turul

Drives: Tacoma
Searching for NPP online purchase

Slim pickings locally, I am looking at a future fly and drive purchase.

How do I determine if a Camaro 2LT has the NPP option when looking at a car on Autotrader, Carmax, Vroom, Cargurus, etc?

If a car has "dual tips" listed on the build sheet, does that indicate NPP?

Can I filter out autos with single exhaust tips? (two exhaust tips)

Does dual-tips mean quad exhaust? I am confused.

If it has the quad exhaust, does that equal NPP?

Thanks for helping me out.
Turul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 04:44 PM   #2
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Drives: Camaro
Quad (4) tips from the factory is NPP. Dual (2) tips are not. NPP is called "Dual Performance/Mode Exhaust" though, not to be confused with dual (2) tips. Just ask (email or call) whoever to look on the sticker in the trunk (and/or maybe the glove compartment. I can't remember) to see if it has the NPP option on the RPO codes sticker. Looks like this:
Attached Images

Last edited by Altered Carbon; 03-24-2022 at 05:10 PM.
Altered Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 04:48 PM   #3
Turul

Drives: Tacoma
Thank you Altered Carbon

I read about a sticker in the trunk, but was not familiar.

Until now.
Turul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 06:18 PM   #4
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
After or starting 2019 I believe the trunk decal is gone. The QR code in the door jamb is limiting as to what it shows as well. Nothing like the old "build sheets" you could get from GM by emailing them. Those are discontinued now too. You can pay GM $50 for the window sticker, or go to monroney.com with the VIN and get it too (may be less $ that way).
Best tell is to just ask the salesperson or look at the pics online; two exhaust tips (dual) are NON NPP. four tips (quad) ARE NPP, assuming it's not an aftermarket system with aftermarket valance.
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 06:35 AM   #5
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
As mentioned, the sticker is gone. May have disappeared during the 2019 model year, but was definitely gone completely by 2020.

The ONLY way to know for certain on a used car is via that sticker, an original GM build sheet, or the original window sticker unless you can do an in-person inspection of the car and know what to look for.

Even then, -having it- doesn't mean it hasn't been messed with or is in proper working order. Bottom line, the only person you should trust to validate that it's present is YOU by an in-person inspection. With all of the options today for video calls, there could be additional options for you to do this remotely, but ONLY if you get a cooperative sales person.

Also, you need to be aware of the fact that there is also the "GM Performance" exhaust option for dual-tipped cars like mine (I'm having that option installed). GM Performance exhaust is different than Dual Mode Performance Exhaust. The way terminology gets thrown around, it's quite possible you could find a car that had the dual tip suitcase removed and replaced with the GM Performance exhaust upgrade and you'd end up with something different than you expected.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote