Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 01-30-2018, 01:04 PM   #1
StrictlyLTG

Drives: 2016/2017 LTG 2.0
How to remove the Turbo from your 2.0 LTG

This is a simple video with no stupid intro or unnecessary non sense. Straight to the point as we will NEVER have Click Bait on our channel. StrictlyLTG and The Coolest Courier have joined forces to provide a DIY Build series for the home mechanic. Basic hand tools, a cell phone, and a cherry picker.
StrictlyLTG now has actual hands on experience Building the 2.0 LTG engine. In our video series we install 1000 HP pistons provided from ZZPerformance.com
Oh ya. We also install ZZP forged rods capable of withstanding all the boost we are going to shove down this engine.
Thank you for your time.
Here is the link

How to remove turbo
https://youtu.be/yQOqrguuFR0
StrictlyLTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 06:05 PM   #2
Mjollnir

Drives: 2017 1LS White
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyLTG View Post
This is a simple video with no stupid intro or unnecessary non sense. Straight to the point as we will NEVER have Click Bait on our channel. StrictlyLTG and The Coolest Courier have joined forces to provide a DIY Build series for the home mechanic. Basic hand tools, a cell phone, and a cherry picker.
StrictlyLTG now has actual hands on experience Building the 2.0 LTG engine. In our video series we install 1000 HP pistons provided from ZZPerformance.com
Oh ya. We also install ZZP forged rods capable of withstanding all the boost we are going to shove down this engine.
Thank you for your time.
Here is the link

How to remove turbo
https://youtu.be/yQOqrguuFR0
Thanks for posting this information, very much appreciated!
And look forward to watching this build out.
Mjollnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:38 PM   #3
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Awesome video with no BS! Keep 'em clean like that!

I couldn't believe some dork commented that the video needed to be longer with superfluous garbage. Some people just don't get the point!
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
race, religion, sex, sexual preferences, handicaps, or intellectual abilities.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 11:04 PM   #4
StrictlyLTG

It is our pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjollnir View Post
Thanks for posting this information, very much appreciated!
And look forward to watching this build out.
Thank you so much for your reply. I love little four banger turbos! We will prove that the 2.0 LTG is a serious contender against its rival V8s. I have been working on little displacement engines with Big Power for a long time now. I am sure we can crank the LTG up to a respectable number.
.. Thanks again for all the kind words as it means the world. Hopefully I will see you in the comments section on our future videos coming soon (=
Old 01-31-2018, 11:11 PM   #5
StrictlyLTG

YOU ROCK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
Awesome video with no BS! Keep 'em clean like that!

I couldn't believe some dork commented that the video needed to be longer with superfluous garbage. Some people just don't get the point!
I really do appreciate your input. I cant stand videos where you have to find the information. I can understand people wanting extra long videos and we will deliver those videos later in the series. (It will be clearly posted "this video is uncut" )
.... We have a bunch of DIY videos on the way and will be posting on a regular basis until we have no more footage to post. We just did a deal for cams, springs, retainers, and full tune so the engine will be coming out again to make videos on how to make true reliable power with the LTG.
... Not sure yet if we are headed in the direction of a stand alone but a big turbo and bigger boost will be added to our car in the near future ( sometime in 2018).
...Thanks again for your honest input and I hope to see more input from you in the future.
.. Take care,
StrictlyLTG (=
Old 02-01-2018, 05:54 AM   #6
EagleRS

Drives: Nightfall Grey 2.0L Turbo
Wicked Video

I really appreciate someone's all honest love for engines. Not just big V8's but the little one's that surprise you taking off from a red light.

Keep up the good work and I hope that the 2.0L peeps will be able to reach out to you guys about info and/or how to's.

Thanks guys and best of luck,

EagleRS
EagleRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:32 AM   #7
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Nice video!
Attached Images

MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 10:05 AM   #8
geoffchad

Drives: 2013 ATS M6, 95 Z28 Conv M6 turbo
Seriously, you guys need to register & post videos along on the cadillac forums/ATS sub section. While most of the "Gearheads" are over here that do their own wrenching, this stuff is seriously impressive and helps motivate those less enthusiastic about doing more extensive mods that they can in fact do it! Keep it up!
geoffchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 10:17 PM   #9
StrictlyLTG

Thank you for the kind words

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleRS View Post
I really appreciate someone's all honest love for engines. Not just big V8's but the little one's that surprise you taking off from a red light.

Keep up the good work and I hope that the 2.0L peeps will be able to reach out to you guys about info and/or how to's.

Thanks guys and best of luck,

EagleRS
I do love all engines. They say there is no replacement for displacement and honestly I would have to agree.
... However,
People should not count the baby 2.0 LTG out. There is serious potential with this engine and I feel people forgot the camaro has had 4 cylinders back in the day. We do appreciate the reply and yes,
anyone can reach out to us at anytime!
.. We put our money where our mouth is with our website StrictlyLTG.com Just send us a message via multiple social medias and we will get right back to ya.

Thanks again for your reply. We do love the input (=
..Here to help the LTG community,
StrictlyLTG.
Old 02-01-2018, 10:19 PM   #10
StrictlyLTG

You are Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBlueCamaro View Post
Nice video!
Thanks you! Look forward to a lot more where that came from. We will stick to a similar formula with all of our DIY Build series videos. You can follow this build as we go. Check us out at StrictlyLTG.com

Thanks again!
Old 02-01-2018, 10:24 PM   #11
StrictlyLTG

Great Advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffchad View Post
Seriously, you guys need to register & post videos along on the cadillac forums/ATS sub section. While most of the "Gearheads" are over here that do their own wrenching, this stuff is seriously impressive and helps motivate those less enthusiastic about doing more extensive mods that they can in fact do it! Keep it up!

Just when I thought I had everything covered I completely skipped over this detail! Thank you for the advice... We will defiantly register with the ATS forum and show people that it can be done with a little bit of confidence and some tools.
... ... I am not sure people realize we have been providing a day by day progress report via our social media. Instagram, snap chat, face book, and twitter has daily content so anyone can follow along with our build.

check us out and I will go register with the ATS forum today (=

https://www.instagram.com/strictlyltg/
https://www.facebook.com/strictlyLTG
https://twitter.com/StrictlyLtg
snap chat: strictlyltg
Old 02-04-2018, 08:50 PM   #12
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
Don't forget the Malibu and Equinox forums. There are a number of folks in each that are looking for performance mods and information. They forget that the Camaro also uses the same engine. (I now have a 2018 Equinox with the 2.0 LTG after having a 2014 Malibu with the same engine.)
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:55 PM   #13
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Very cool stuff!
Old 02-07-2018, 11:41 AM   #14
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
You guys should include a tech tips section for quick reference.
Things like #1 are torque-to-yield. They should NOT be re used..and #3 is remove and discard. Maybe some torque specs.. Little stuff like that.
It would make it perfect for the average guy in a garage!
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2.0 camaro, 2.0 turbo, ltg, strictlyltg