Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-06-2017, 06:53 AM   #15
Captslow

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS I4T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzsteve View Post
We worked hands on with Fidanza on this flywheel, and have it in our ATS. the trans is a bit noisy once you get rid of the dual mass setup, but it isnt terrible. throttle response feels improved, and it doesnt seem to 'hang' as long when you free rev the engine. i just went and talked to Ryan, who daily drives the ATS, and he had no complaints

Do you know of any upgraded clutches in the works? Would be nice to do both at the same time.
Captslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:44 PM   #16
Mjollnir

Drives: 2017 1LS White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captslow View Post
Do you know of any upgraded clutches in the works? Would be nice to do both at the same time.
Great question Captslow. I searched myself and came up short.
Hopefully another member know of one or more.
Mjollnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:25 PM   #17
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captslow View Post
Both SPEC and Centerforce offer upgraded clutches, and have for a while.
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
race, religion, sex, sexual preferences, handicaps, or intellectual abilities.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:01 PM   #18
Zzsteve

Drives: 2018 2SS
we actually JUST put the clutchmasters flywheel and clutches on our website like half an hour ago

https://zzperformance.com/ats/transm...rivetrain.html
Zzsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:47 PM   #19
Mjollnir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzsteve View Post
we actually JUST put the clutchmasters flywheel and clutches on our website like half an hour ago

https://zzperformance.com/ats/transm...rivetrain.html
What a kawinkydink ZZP posting an upgraded clutch just when I needed it!
Damn shame it's not compatible with the Fidanza.

Last edited by Mjollnir; 12-08-2017 at 10:06 AM.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:29 PM   #20
Mjollnir

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
Both SPEC and Centerforce offer upgraded clutches, and have for a while.
Called both Spec and Centerforce neither one has a clutch kit for the 2.0t.
If anyone knows of a vendor please pass it along.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:34 PM   #21
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunedATS View Post
SOLVED!!!!!

Just got back tonight after spending the day in Birmingham with the good folks at SPEC Clutch. David was awesome and informative and my main point of contact and they installed what he called a Stage 2+ Hybrid. Feels very drive-able and really not that much different from stock. David says it will hold around 450 ft/lbs at the wheels...Should be more than enough for me...Part number on my invoice is SC20FOH-2...Paul at the front desk is a solid dude...Was there awhile and got to know some folks...
There you go MJollinr. Part number and everything. I'm assuming you only asked for a Camaro clutch. Gotta remember that the ATS comes with the EXACT SAME transmission. I'll try to find the Centerforce info, but I bet if you call them back and inquire about an ATS clutch, they could probably get you sorted.
to invalidate anyone's personal views or thoughts, nor is it a condemnation of anyone's
Old 12-14-2017, 11:36 PM   #22
ChicagoTommy

MSRP on the SPEC Clutch is $749...
Old 12-14-2017, 11:42 PM   #23
Mjollnir

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
There you go MJollinr. Part number and everything. I'm assuming you only asked for a Camaro clutch. Gotta remember that the ATS comes with the EXACT SAME transmission. I'll try to find the Centerforce info, but I bet if you call them back and inquire about an ATS clutch, they could probably get you sorted.
Thanks, I really do appreciate it! And Yes, I only inquired about a Camaro clutch.
I'll call Centerforce back in the morning and inquire about the ATS clutch. At least now I
have a bird in the hand with Spec. Just curious, do you have a preference
Spec or Centerforce?
Old 12-15-2017, 07:34 PM   #24
ChicagoTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjollnir View Post
Thanks, I really do appreciate it! And Yes, I only inquired about a Camaro clutch.
I'll call Centerforce back in the morning and inquire about the ATS clutch. At least now I
have a bird in the hand with Spec. Just curious, do you have a preference
Spec or Centerforce?
Personally, I've only used a SPEC clutch in an LS1 car. Wasn't even my car, I just drove it during races in Mexico. Last time I drove it, it YANKED the tires on the street! That clutch took plenty abuse in that 600+rwhp heads/cam/NITROUS car. 2 step was set at 5500, and I would just side step it. Nitrous was also wired to the clutch switch, so when it was side stepped, it fired all 200hp. It ended up getting converted to a TH400 setup because the owner drove it like a madman and was constantly breaking synchros and shift forks. That clutch was the only part that held up in that T-56. This was about 10 years ago now though, so I definitely caution you to do some research into their current product quality.

Now that I think about it, the same guy had a Centerforce clutch in his 98 Z28. That was why he went with the SPEC in the 02 WS6. He didn't like the Centerforce, and it wasn't holding up to the nitrous. I beat him with my 00 V6 Firebird, spray to spray against the 98 Z. Once again, a long ass time ago.
Old 05-22-2018, 05:02 PM   #25
Exportedafrican

Drives: 1964 Lotus 7 with an LTG
I bought the flywheel and think I would tell anyone looking to consider the other ZZp offering.

The bolts are custom. I believe m11 which makes it near impossible to find them anywhere. Also the pilot bearing isn't an easy find. I was told the stock one fits but it didn't in my case. Hotdog in a hallway. Fidanza recommended a certain part but isn't available in the US. I bought some brass and plan to make my own.

Big shout out to ZZp for their help. Those m11 bolts are unicorns!
Exportedafrican is offline   Reply With Quote