Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 03-26-2019, 03:21 PM   #15
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyz View Post
true. I guess P&s beadmaker is next after I run out of Meguiars hcw (will be a while lol), supposed to be super slick but not that great longevity wise.
I think it's a good product, if you're a novice, it's probably a good choice, I didn't use much at all and the bottle is really big I think 32 ounce? It reminds me of a couple old products called Woody Wax or Fluid Film… Same fragrance, same consistency, same color…
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 03:33 PM   #16
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
I think it's a good product, if you're a novice, it's probably a good choice, I didn't use much at all and the bottle is really big I think 32 ounce? It reminds me of a couple old products called Woody Wax or Fluid Film… Same fragrance, same consistency, same color…
Referring to HCW or beadmaker?
I like HCW, its cheap and effective. I only have to do it once a month (possibly longer, will know in a few weeks). Water sheets well. I dont really care about beading but a lot of the pros seem to think its great. I would rather rain water sheet off so that there is less spotting. The beading with all the pollen and dust causes too many spots, I think
My CX-5 was exposed to pollen dust and rain 24/7 and although it looked dirty due to spots (when seen up close, from afar, it was still shiny), it was super easy to clean it and did not need more HCW. This bottle is going to last me a long time if I have to do my cars once a month.
EDIT: Also, I rub it in. I dont think spray on, rinse off is going to be as good, a lot more will be wasted....

I'll probably get beadmaker to try on my honda.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 04:56 PM   #17
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
This seems like a good place for me to dump a couple thoughts/opinions:

1. Beadmaker lives up to the hype IMO. I brushed it off for a year as just another product being hawked by YouTubers to make money. Nope. I absolutely love it. Longevity isn’t important for a topper for me. I wash my car about once a week and it gets used as a drying aid. It’s “feel” is sooooo much slicker than anything I have used. It also looks more glossy than anything I’ve used in recent years (Reload, BF Si02, Adams ceramic paste wax). It’s easy AF to apply and can be used to protect everything including plastic and glass.

2. Beading vs sheeting: The difference between these two water “rejection” physics let’s call it......has less to do with product, and more to do with HOW the water hits the panel. Light rain—beads. Pressure washer blast—beads. Open hose rinse—sheeting. I find that to be the case regardless of topper product used. Only difference I’ve seen would be on a panel that lacks protection, or has failed protection.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 05:41 PM   #18
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
Referring to HCW or beadmaker?
I like HCW, its cheap and effective. I only have to do it once a month (possibly longer, will know in a few weeks). Water sheets well. I dont really care about beading but a lot of the pros seem to think its great. I would rather rain water sheet off so that there is less spotting. The beading with all the pollen and dust causes too many spots, I think
My CX-5 was exposed to pollen dust and rain 24/7 and although it looked dirty due to spots (when seen up close, from afar, it was still shiny), it was super easy to clean it and did not need more HCW. This bottle is going to last me a long time if I have to do my cars once a month.
EDIT: Also, I rub it in. I dont think spray on, rinse off is going to be as good, a lot more will be wasted....

I'll probably get beadmaker to try on my honda.
You have good taste in cars.

I also have a Honda, a CX-5, and a Camaro.

I think Pan the Organizer on YouTube did a comparison. He is a Beadmaker(he has an order video saying it's the best) fan and you could hear the surprise when HCW was showing much greater chemical resistance. I think he compared them to Adams also in that one.

Chemical resistance became a big deal for me when I was behind a lawn care truck in a classic white BMW and it started losing it's chemicals on the road. I had green stains on the bottom of the car on the way to work. That was a long day at work.
Old 03-28-2019, 07:39 PM   #19
indyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyeSS View Post
You have good taste in cars.

I also have a Honda, a CX-5, and a Camaro.

I think Pan the Organizer on YouTube did a comparison. He is a Beadmaker(he has an order video saying it's the best) fan and you could hear the surprise when HCW was showing much greater chemical resistance. I think he compared them to Adams also in that one.

Chemical resistance became a big deal for me when I was behind a lawn care truck in a classic white BMW and it started losing it's chemicals on the road. I had green stains on the bottom of the car on the way to work. That was a long day at work.
You too

Rained continuously for almost a day. No spots on the cx-5. This is almost 3 weeks after application. I like.
So, continuous rain precludes spots. I guess spots are only when dew, pollen and dust are around.

I have been watching pan the organizer, rag company, dpc, apex detail, jimbo etc., on YouTube. Some of the videos are good. I do not understand the fascination with beading.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:44 PM   #20
indyz

After a month on my uncovered (24/7) CX-5, I am impressed.

Had some spots from dust and dew, and some hard, reclaimed sprinkler water. Rinsed the car. Did not use any soap, since I could see the spots "washing away", and I was feeling like a lazy Sunday. Water beading was crazy good. Then, I drove it at 65 mph for a few minutes on the nearby highway. Car is dry and glossy now, spots are gone. Sure there is a bit of dirt here and there but I can live with that.

Ease of use is 10/10, durability is at least a month. I think HCW qualifies as "coating lite" !?
Old 04-13-2019, 05:38 PM   #21
SnakeEyeSS

I watched the 40 min video from Obsessed Garage where they talked to a Meguiar's rep about it, and he says to spray it far to make a fine mist. Maybe I got a bad sprayer on my bottle, but that doesn't work due to the thickness of the product. I filled up my bottle with water, it is probably between 35-45% added water, and it sprays in a fine mist now and it is easier to spread.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:47 PM   #22
indyz

Quote:
After a month on my uncovered (24/7) CX-5, I am impressed.

Had some spots from dust and dew, and some hard, reclaimed sprinkler water. Rinsed the car. Did not use any soap, since I could see the spots "washing away", and I was feeling like a lazy Sunday. Water beading was crazy good. Then, I drove it at 65 mph for a few minutes on the nearby highway. Car is dry and glossy now, spots are gone. Sure there is a bit of dirt here and there but I can live with that.

Ease of use is 10/10, durability is at least a month. I think HCW qualifies as "coating lite" !?
Ok, its done. Rinsed with water today. The sides were beading and sheeting well but the tops were much much flatter. I also had to use soap to remove the dew/dust spots, this time. I did have a lot more of the spots, this week. Maybe that's due to the degradation of HCW.
Washed with meguiar's gold class soap and re-applied hybrid ceramic wax. I guess I'll reapply once a month since that's how long it lasts on the uncovered car. Looks like this bottle is going to last me another year (if I use it on two cars, monthly).

Lets see how long it lasts on the mostly garaged Camaro.

Last edited by indyz; 04-15-2019 at 10:42 PM.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:30 PM   #23
SnakeEyeSS

Put it on my Modern Steel Metallic(one of Honda's classic colors, it really is a great grey, and very uniform flake unlike what we see on a lot of GM stuff) Accord. It really brings out the barely there purple, so it has some unique properties to it's gloss.

Old 04-22-2019, 08:29 PM   #24
RideWithDanger

Drives: 23 2SS 1LE
I really want to pick up a bottle, but I just got a 50ml bottle of CarPro Reload. Is that enough to cover the car with a light coat? And can I mix the two? What order would I use them?

Radiant Red 23' 2SS 1LE
1100: 11/14/22 | BUILT: 3/16/23
2000: 2/17/23 | 4200: 5/8/23
3000: 2/27/23 | 5000/6000: 5/15/23

Black on black 2019 3LT RS Camaro.
1100: 3/7/19 | 4200: 4/15/19
3100: 3/15/19 | 4800: 4/23/19
3400: 3/22/19 | 5000: 4/25/19
Built: 4/8/19 | Home: 4/26/19
RideWithDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 08:34 PM   #25
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Just use up the reload and then move to the wax. You can’t mix them. I personally think that reload is just as good as the Meguires, every mfr has got to have an SI02 product as it’s all the rage these days, and the only thing that is going to happen is a lot of us are going to run from product to product, essentially putting on the same thing.

Just my opinion, but the Detailing industry prays upon our addiction to new stuff.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:07 PM   #26
RideWithDanger

Drives: 23 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Just use up the reload and then move to the wax. You can’t mix them. I personally think that reload is just as good as the Meguires, every mfr has got to have an SI02 product as it’s all the rage these days, and the only thing that is going to happen is a lot of us are going to run from product to product, essentially putting on the same thing.

Just my opinion, but the Detailing industry prays upon our addiction to new stuff.
Lol, that was more of a reality check than I had in mind. I've seem reviews and videos and tests and clearly some are better than others. For the price and ease of use this seems like a great option. I'll pick one up soon. No idea how long a 50ml bottle will last of the reload, and what other 50ml product I get.

Radiant Red 23' 2SS 1LE
1100: 11/14/22 | BUILT: 3/16/23
2000: 2/17/23 | 4200: 5/8/23
3000: 2/27/23 | 5000/6000: 5/15/23

Black on black 2019 3LT RS Camaro.
1100: 3/7/19 | 4200: 4/15/19
3100: 3/15/19 | 4800: 4/23/19
3400: 3/22/19 | 5000: 4/25/19
Built: 4/8/19 | Home: 4/26/19
RideWithDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 05:38 AM   #27
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
50ml will be one maybe two full car applications depending on how you use it.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:41 PM   #28
pondo

Drives: '23 SS 1LE
I got some overspray from it on my matte black hood and took the dive and just sprayed ot. Looks like absolute crap...now I got to figure out how to get the crap off! Hood is a streaked mess.

'23 SS 1LE Rapid Blue
18’ SS 1LE Hyper Blue - sold
pondo is offline   Reply With Quote