Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-01-2017, 08:48 PM   #57
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
After 48 hours, water spots aren't an issue. Since I was able to garage my car while cquartz cured, no need to cover it like they suggest.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:01 PM   #58
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
Reload looks literally like it's just watered down cquartz. it's nano silicon oxide (cquartz) diluted to only a few percent in the solution. Putting it on freshly applied cquartz sounds and feels redundant. It definitely has nothing to do with curing cquartz or finishing it.. it's already done and wont get more done. Reload seems helpful to fill in scratches and such that you accumulate on your cquartz coating over time. Not much help on something fresh.

For now bf crystal sealant and then rinseless should do the trick. Can't justify buying reload at this time.

Just a side note, 24 hours of being outside.
So you don't want to use Reload, which is a Silica based sealant and designed to use with cquartz, but you are using a polymer based sealant like BF CS which is completely different than a silica based product?

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:05 PM   #59
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Give up guys, he's running his own plan.....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 01:37 AM   #60
cellsafemode

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
So you don't want to use Reload, which is a Silica based sealant and designed to use with cquartz, but you are using a polymer based sealant like BF CS which is completely different than a silica based product?
I'm not using anything at the moment on top of cquartz. I was checking how it performs by itself.

Eventually i'll use bf crystal seal on top. There's no downside to using a polymer like bf on top of cquartz vs something like reload. It's just putting a sealant over glass or wax over glass. It may not end up being superior to using more cquartz on top of cquartz in the form of reload, but it's not a 60 dollar difference and the crystal seal i already have and can't keep forever.

Either way i was just reporting what i found with the ceramic coating cquartz. Its anti-static properties leave much to be desired (at least in california). The dust does freely move though so despite misty mornings, the dust appears un-adhered to the surface which is a noticeable difference from standard polymer waxes.
Old 06-04-2017, 10:31 AM   #61
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
So it's a watered down cquartz ....I might pick some up next time i buy stuff from autogeek. in the meantime i'll probably make use of the bf crystal seal i already have and see how that goes for now.
I know I'm obsessed with my car....LOL

I use RELOAD as a QT, I apply reload after EVERY wash. Makes car SHINE like mad and the next wash is so easy, also hit the bra with reload too!!
Old 06-07-2017, 12:05 PM   #62
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
I had 2 coats of CQuartz UK put on my C7 in Feb 2016.

16.5 months later is was still perfect. I probably did quarterly Reload applications as directed by my detailer. I would HIGHLY recommend it. Made rinsing off winter crap so easy, and the car always looked great.

Already have him booked for my 2SS 50th convertible to do it to this car, too.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 12:55 PM   #63
cellsafemode

I topped my cquartz uk a day or so ago with BF crystal seal.

It definitely holds dust more than plain CQ. Noticed that right away. Water-wise, we actually got a little mist rain today and it dealt with that great, taking most of the dust with the water.

I also coated my gf's ralliart in CQUK and did not top it with anything. I'll find out how that handled the somewhat wet weather when i get home today. I'm told though that the water just rolled off the car like it should. So I suspect that it'll look basically pristine.

Unfortunately it didn't rain hard enough for her to see water essentially bouncing off the car with that 110 degree hydrophobic action but meh, maybe next time.

I plan on doing nothing to hers but rinseless to see how it lasts (her car is not garaged). I'll do the same and see if i start to notice the BF lifespan and compare how they're doing to eachother.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:55 AM   #64
IH8WNTR

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE Silver Ice Metallic
Any updates to this?
IH8WNTR is offline   Reply With Quote